Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

Very reminiscent of Rangers fans turning on McCoist.

Fair enough wanting Lennon out but given they held a fecking candlelit vigil for him in living memory you might think they'd be less vitriolic about it.

The McCoist situation is not comparable at all here and Rangers fans hold McCoist in the highest regard as a club legend.

When McCoist resigned, fans accepted his time was up and our performances were not good enough, but the majority respected what he had given to the club in its most difficult period in history.

The backlash and anger was directed toward Somers, Llambias and the rest of the Rangers board at the time which was not a reflection on McCoist as an icon of the club.

One of the more prominent quotes at the time from a fan group summed it up well:

“We will not accept this board’s toxic spin and ham-fisted attempts to blacken the name of a club legend. We hope Ally can go with our best wishes and will remain Super Ally long after the names of the those in this boardroom are mercifully forgotten.”

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

The McCoist situation is not comparable at all here and Rangers fans hold McCoist in the highest regard as a club legend.

When McCoist resigned, fans accepted his time was up and our performances were not good enough, but the majority respected what he had given to the club in its most difficult period in history.

The backlash and anger was directed toward Somers, Llambias and the rest of the Rangers board at the time which was not a reflection on McCoist as a icon of the club.

🤣🤣🤣 Revisionist history at its finest.

Anyway I know it shouldn't surprise me but I'm enjoying the seethe on social media regarding *** fans laughing at the current situation at Celtic Park. Celtic have had it good for nine years. Surely it's just their turn to be the second least shite side in Scotland?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣🤣 Revisionist history at its finest.

Anyway I know it shouldn't surprise me but I'm enjoying the seethe on social media regarding *** fans laughing at the current situation at Celtic Park. Celtic have had it good for nine years. Surely it's just their turn to be the second least shite side in Scotland?

Check my edit on the post which shows how fans groups and the majority of fans reacted.

If you can find a Rangers fan that doesn’t consider McCoist as a club legend then I’ll eat my metaphoric hat.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Check my edit on the post which shows how fans groups and the majority of fans reacted.

If you can find a Rangers fan that doesn’t consider McCoist as a club legend then I’ll eat my metaphoric hat.

Celtic fans will still consider Lennon a club legend.

Rangers fans were furious that McCoist was still taking a wage after 'resigning'.

If Lennon isn’t gone before Lille come to town on Thursday the Celtic board are being wilfully negligent in their duties.

Maloney made a good point on Sportscene where he mentioned it was just 5 days ago the Celtic board came out and gave Lennon their full backing so believed he’d get more time, but the result today has to change that ill-informed stance.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Celtic fans will still consider Lennon a club legend.

Rangers fans were furious that McCoist was still taking a wage after 'resigning'.

Of course there were fans unhappy with that and rightly so, but I was responding to a comment that mentioned the current treatment of Lennon by Celtic fans mirrored that which McCoist received prior to resigning which I simply disagree with.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course there were fans unhappy with that and rightly so, but I was responding to a comment that mentioned the current treatment of Lennon by Celtic fans mirrored that which McCoist received prior to resigning which I simply disagree with.

Out if interest which 'prominent fan group' made the above statement?

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Out if interest which 'prominent fan group' made the above statement?

I said the quote was a prominent one, not the actual fan group. Still though, I forgot the particular one (as a lot have rebranded over the years) but a quick google tells me it came from Chris Graham, the spokesman for the Rangers Union of Fans.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

If Lennon isn’t gone before Lille come to town on Thursday the Celtic board are being wilfully negligent in their duties.

Maloney made a good point on Sportscene where he mentioned it was just 5 days ago the Celtic board came out and gave Lennon their full backing so believed he’d get more time, but the result today has to change that ill-informed stance.

If Lennon is still the manager, Killie will absolutely take points off them.

I can only assume they're giving him the cup final then giving him the bullet.

Edited by G51

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I said the quote was a prominent one, not the actual fan group. Still though, I forgot the particular one (as a lot have rebranded over the years) but a quick google tells me it came from Chris Graham, the spokesman for the Rangers Union of Fans.

So is he someone you're willing to use as an example of what the Rangers support as a whole think? Or just this particular example?

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So is he someone you're willing to use as an example of what the Rangers support as a whole think? Or just this particular example?

I’m simply saying on this occasion I believe those comments accurately reflect how the majority of Rangers fans felt at the time of McCoist’s resignation.

I’m not sure what is complex about that but you believe my account is revisionist so I’m sure you will disagree.

Just now, Mvondo_the_great said:

Ive not actually watched any celtic games due to having better things to do than watch that pish, so am genuinley interested to know how shite they actually are. Is it easily fixable if someone decent comes in or are they fucked until the transfer window, or even better, the summer?

Celtic clearly have a squad of talented players and a good manager will get them playing better without a doubt, which is my main concern right now.