Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

MT has probably yet to move out his mums so probably hasn't really thought this through.

I think I moved about half a dozen times by the time I was 8, to various different areas/countries so f**k knows who Im supposed to support. I get the idea of supporting your local team but people move about more than ever and get in to football at different ages for different reasons so its pretty simplistic to come up with one reason only.

Aye it's simplistic nonsense. I was born in Leeds, moved away at 2 and moved to Scotland at the age of 5, "local team" in the Scottish Borders???

My dad was Glasgow born and raised as was his father before him, took me to games at a young age... the idea that I would support anyone else but my dads team is ridiculous. 

To the guy that said he cringes hearing accents at Ibrox that aren't from Glasgow, what a pitiful person you are. 

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is positively, drool inducingly delicious if true.

10IAR is literally all that matters to them, and heres big Dermot willing to absolutely torpedo it on point of principle. GIRFUY GFITW

10iar is all that matters to Sellick fans, Celtic fans seem to want a club who aren't a laughing stock in Europe

Big Dermot must be bealing, bought the club at a time it looked like there was a chance of moving to the EPL, 😁  now he couldn't give it away.

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Old Firm refusal to acknowledge that the size of their fanbase is directly proportional to historical success is peak "there are none so blind......"

It's certainly a new experience to come across a glory hunter that will initially muddy the waters about who their local team is and 'why support a local team anyway?' before concluding '...so I support [insert club glorified by sky sports here]'

Edited by Dons_1988

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Old Firm refusal to acknowledge that the size of their fanbase is directly proportional to historical success is peak "there are none so blind......"

I don't think anyone is refusing to acknowledge that.

However, it's not just an Old Firm phenomenon. It happens all across Scottish football.

There will be loads of Aberdeen fans that live closer to Balmoral Stadium than Pittodrie, but chose to support Aberdeen because they were a league team and were actually good. Same goes for Hearts, Hibs, Edinburgh City and Spartans.

I'm sure there are people living in Stenhousemuir who support Falkirk for the same reason too.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

MT has probably yet to move out his mums so probably hasn't really thought this through.

I think I moved about half a dozen times by the time I was 8, to various different areas/countries so f**k knows who Im supposed to support. I get the idea of supporting your local team but people move about more than ever and get in to football at different ages for different reasons so its pretty simplistic to come up with one reason only.

I've lived in various places but grew up in Dumfries and have lived back here for more than twenty years.  In fact I now live 89 yards from Palmerston - yes I did once pace it out.

I watched football when I lived elsewhere, but Queens remained my team.  I get that it's less clear cut if you moved around a lot as a kid.  However, the fact that you then picked one of the clubs that get to play with a stacked deck and therefore win all the time, suggests you'd have done so anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've lived in various places but grew up in Dumfries and have lived back here for more than twenty years.  In fact I now live 89 yards from Palmerston - yes I did once pace it out.

I watched football when I lived elsewhere, but Queens remained my team.  I get that it's less clear cut if you moved around a lot as a kid.  However, the fact that you then picked one of the clubs that get to play with a stacked deck and therefore win all the time, suggests you'd have done so anyway.  

This is it. OF fans always try to misinterpret this as people saying you have to support the team you live closest to, which it isn't. There's quite a few sensible reasons to support a team. But deciding there isn't a good enough team close enough to where you grew up and just saying you support one of the big teams is below "I like them because blue's my favourite colour" on that list

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A real fan would be 84 yards.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's funny and this self-deprecation is a much better effort than the woeful input we've had from the diddies this week.  They've had at least 18 months to prepare for The Bhanter Years and the best they can come up with is Manchester police dug memes and the tired old SuPpOrT yEr lOCaL TeaM patter.

Still, they are just following the line adopted by the First Diddy Minister who, when asked to comment on Celtic fans' disorder, came out with  the classic, "Aye, but Ayr Utd fans". Absolutely pathetic.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's funny and this self-deprecation is a much better effort than the woeful input we've had from the diddies this week.  They've had at least 18 months to prepare for The Bhanter Years and the best they can come up with is Manchester police dug memes and the tired old SuPpOrT yEr lOCaL TeaM patter.

Still, they are just following the line adopted by the First Diddy Minister who, when asked to comment on Celtic fans' disorder, came out with  the classic, "Aye, but Ayr Utd fans". Absolutely pathetic.

It's fine Kincardine.

Motherwell just weren't geared up to dominate in the way Rangers were.

An easy choice for you.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

This is it. OF fans always try to misinterpret this as people saying you have to support the team you live closest to, which it isn't. There's quite a few sensible reasons to support a team. But deciding there isn't a good enough team close enough to where you grew up and just saying you support one of the big teams is below "I like them because blue's my favourite colour" on that list

They can bleat on as much as they want and tie themselves in knots trying to justify why they support Celtic/Rangers, I personally don't care one bit and I can't tell them who to support.

Where I draw the line is the same fans then turning around and laughing at smaller clubs' relative lack of success, because:

A) The fact they all refuse to support the smaller clubs because they don't win enough for their liking has hindered Scottish football for decades

and B) I could decide tomorrow I now in fact support Celtic and join them in the laughter at the 40 'diddy' clubs. It would be just hollow as f**k.

I can't stand old firm fans from anywhere other than Glasgow. They can justify the reasons they support either one of the bigot brothers all they want but everyone who is a proper football fan (anyone who supports any team other than Sevco and Sceptic) know that they're just glory hunters.