Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

Wonderful levels of pettiness and spite there from Dermot, ol’ Vince McMahon would be proud. :lol:

“Okay, Lenny. You can keep your job. You just have to do one thing. On Thursday, in the Europa League, you’ll have to beat AC Milan...AT THE SAN SIRO!”

321D8961-71C6-4C42-B80F-AE8CF7D9BC64.jpeg.55686233c98c00ae474094d585ac50dd.jpeg

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:
Wonderful levels of pettiness and spite there from Dermot, ol’ Vince McMahon would be proud. :lol:

“Okay, Lenny. You can keep your job. You just have to do one thing. On Thursday, in the Europa League, you’ll have to beat AC Milan...AT THE SAN SIRO!”

321D8961-71C6-4C42-B80F-AE8CF7D9BC64.jpeg.55686233c98c00ae474094d585ac50dd.jpeg

"Now hold on playa! If you want your job, you're gonna have to go one-on-one with Zlatan!"

image.png.bbfaabcd0fc065255dec66347d9628d6.png

image.png.5874a0614a3c3fad9014c19c69dc6069.png

image.png.37d5b8660814049e906a8f35278eccbb.png

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You really showed him lads. Great protest, very productive.

image.png.d54cc6d5ec860d86bc09ca27684f84c3.png

This is positively, drool inducingly delicious if true.

10IAR is literally all that matters to them, and heres big Dermot willing to absolutely torpedo it on point of principle. GIRFUY GFITW

Guest TheJTS98
17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

The downward trajectory isn’t about going from1st to 2nd. If you think that’s what I meant by that then I am genuinely mystified by the short-sightedness however let me clarify what I mean by unparalleled downward trajectory for Celtic

• 2 wins out of 10 games which is unparalleled for Celtic
  • 4 consecutive home defeats which hasn’t happened in over 60 years
  • Out of the Europa league with 1 point out of 4 games with 13 goals conceded in 4 games. This is a team with ambition for Champions League yet we have fallen so far we aren’t even capable now of a decent performance in the lower tier of Euro competition now. It used to be PSG and Barca scudding us now is Sparta Prague.
  • A team that’s has won 11 trophies on the bounce capitulating to an out of form, injury ravaged Ross County team at Celtic Park.
  • 11 points behind Rangers and it’s isn’t even December yet, even taking games in hand into account that’s about a 15 point swing from where we finished last season. 

I’ve seen some utter shite from Celtic in the 35 years I’ve been going however I’ve never ever seen a run of games like this, we have had some howling one off results over the years but nothing like the sustained ineptitude as what we are seeing now so it has nothing to do with going from1st to 2nd and everything to do with the above and more, and it has the potential to get much much worse. If this form continues we may even struggle to keep 2nd. 

I think the main short-sightedness in this whole debacle has been from the Celtic board.

As soon as Rangers were out of the picture, surely in the next Celtic board meeting someone puts their hand up and says something along the lines of

"We're going to win the league by miles every year. So let's take that for granted and use the breathing space to completely rebuild the infrastructure of the club, use our first couple of Champions League qualifications and our other revenue to become financially unreachable, and build towards being a Champions League quarter-final club in a decade or so."

A difficult target to reach, certainly. But surely 2012 was the best chance Celtic will ever get to shift their focus to a bigger picture than winning in Scotland. Maybe if you aim for the Champions League quarters you end up with some good Europa League runs, for example.

The reality is that in this whole n/t-i-a-r process Celtic have only won post-Christmas in Europe once. In the Europa League. That's a European record on a par with Austria's LASK, Czech Republic's Viktoria Plzen, and Dinamo Zagreb.

Keep in mind that in 2017 Celtic reported revenue of 90m quid. And the following year of 100m quid. That's not far behind Ajax's totals for those years. Ajax went on to a Champions League semi-final. Celtic have pished it against a wall chasing something nobody cares about except them and haven't even been remotely competitive in the group stages, which they now cannot even reach.

Lennon is taking the heat at the moment, but it's the board who have failed. Ten in a row is ultimately trivial. Nobody else in the world cares. But Celtic have chucked away the opportunity to improve themselves as a club. They won't get another one like this. I'm all for it.

Edited by TheJTS98

10 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

this shite, support whoever is nearer your house, is fuckin nonsense.

No it's not.

It's the basis on which clubs exist.

It's the reason why most have a reference to place in their names.  It's the reason why they play in the same place every fortnight.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

10IAR is literally all that matters to them, and heres big Dermot willing to absolutely torpedo it on point of principle. GIRFUY GFITW

With you on this. Likely to be temporary but it could turn out that those well restrained fans on Sunday could have caused more damage as a result.

On current form Celtic will be well beaten this week, but to give him more league games and even the Scottish Cup Final. The Celtic fans meltdown will make Xmas a joyful time. 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's bizarre. Even if you felt Lennon was a good manager, it's pretty clear the horse has bolted on this one. It happens.

They have literally no margin for error now in the league and we all know he will be sacked, it's just a matter of when they do it.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No it's not.

It's the reason why most have a reference to place in their names.  It's the reason why they play in the same place every fortnight.

Local teams for local people. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No it's not.

If you move house do you change teams? 

42 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

If you move house do you change teams? 

MT has probably yet to move out his mums so probably hasn't really thought this through.

I think I moved about half a dozen times by the time I was 8, to various different areas/countries so f**k knows who Im supposed to support. I get the idea of supporting your local team but people move about more than ever and get in to football at different ages for different reasons so its pretty simplistic to come up with one reason only.