Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

29 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Not many sadly. When I hear someone with an Edinburgh or aberdonian accent at ibrox it makes me cringe. I know alot come from Ayrshire too. There is locals but I'd say lucky if 10 thousand come from Glasgow for matches. 

What does it matter where someone comes from ? obviously we have the religion aspect that makes things slightly different here, but if your da's da was a cockney, can you not follow West Ham because you are born and bred in Motherwell ?

Do you cringe at the fellas who get the ferry from Larne ?

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

At what point while reading am I and the rest of Scottish football not supposed to think "get it right fucking roond your entitled arse"?

Probably at the same point you realise I’m not that naive that I should expect my opinion on my club influence or hold any weight with anyone other than Celtic fans.

It’s your opinion, your entitled to it. Crack on 

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

The downward trajectory isn’t about going from1st to 2nd. If you think that’s what I meant by that then I am genuinely mystified by the short-sightedness however let me clarify what I mean by unparalleled downward trajectory for Celtic

• 2 wins out of 10 games which is unparalleled for Celtic
  • 4 consecutive home defeats which hasn’t happened in over 60 years
  • Out of the Europa league with 1 point out of 4 games with 13 goals conceded in 4 games. This is a team with ambition for Champions League yet we have fallen so far we aren’t even capable now of a decent performance in the lower tier of Euro competition now. It used to be PSG and Barca scudding us now is Sparta Prague.
  • A team that’s has won 11 trophies on the bounce capitulating to an out of form, injury ravaged Ross County team at Celtic Park.
  • 11 points behind Rangers and it’s isn’t even December yet, even taking games in hand into account that’s about a 15 point swing from where we finished last season. 

I’ve seen some utter shite from Celtic in the 35 years I’ve been going however I’ve never ever seen a run of games like this, we have had some howling one off results over the years but nothing like the sustained ineptitude as what we are seeing now so it has nothing to do with going from1st to 2nd and everything to do with the above and more, and it has the potential to get much much worse. If this form continues we may even struggle to keep 2nd. 

35 years so you must remember that 88/89 to 94/95 season that Celtic highest final league position was 3rd. They also didn't qualify for Europe in 2 of those seasons. 

37 minutes ago, betting competition said:

35 years so you must remember that 88/89 to 94/95 season that Celtic highest final league position was 3rd. They also didn't qualify for Europe in 2 of those seasons. 

Who can forget TGFITW rioting in the Anglo Scottish Cup against the mighty Burnley because they lost....and Oldco rioting in Chesterfield because they lost in the ASC too. 

Two cheeks of the same arsehole.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I assume he's talking about the TV deal which guarantees these games 😁

Of course I was. It was supposedly a factor in rejecting reconstruction to save Hearts to increase the number of teams.

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

What does it matter where someone comes from ? obviously we have the religion aspect that makes things slightly different here, but if your da's da was a cockney, can you not follow West Ham because you are born and bred in Motherwell ?

Do you cringe at the fellas who get the ferry from Larne ?

I just think there's a glory hunting aspect of supporting successful teams nowhere near where your from or have any connection with. If your from Motherwell and support west ham it's hardly glory hunting whatever floats yer boat. 

As for the religious aspect l am Catholic and yes I do cringe at Irish accents at Ibrox too. 

5 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

I just think there's a glory hunting aspect of supporting successful teams nowhere near where your from or have any connection with. If your from Motherwell and support west ham it's hardly glory hunting whatever floats yer boat. 

As for the religious aspect l am Catholic and yes I do cringe at Irish accents at Ibrox too. 

so anyone can support who the like, as long as they're shite ?

So if an Uncle who live south of the border sends you a parcel as a kid, and its has a Liverpool, City or United kit, and that becomes your team, you're a glory hunter ?

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

Oh dear ......

55 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I glance at such Facebook groups once in a while in utter bewildered horror that I share the planet, and apparently a distant universal common ancestor, with such a bunch of complete fucking bell-ends.

don't have an issue with his point of view, there not exactly anti vaxxers or starting a go fund me for kyle rittenhouse types

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

12 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

so anyone can support who the like, as long as they're shite ?

So if an Uncle sends you a parcel as a kid, and its has a Liverpool, City or United kit, and that becomes your team, you're a glory hunter ?

You can support whoever you like, of course.

You just need to appreciate the impact of glory hunting on football, particularly for those supporting 'smaller' teams and not expect them to respect your choice.

Edited by Dons_1988

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can support whoever you like, of course.

You just need to appreciate the impact of glory hunting on football, particularly for those supporting 'smaller' teams and not expect them to respect your choice.

if they don't respect someone choice because its seen as glory hunting, why would that alleged ''glory hunter'' give a f**k about the impact of half a dozen buses leaving Aberdeen or Edinburgh to go and watch Sevco ?