Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

1 hour ago, G51 said:

pal the only "meltdown" im having is my ice cream melting down into my hand while I lay on the beach & laugh while thinking about the trolls

How's Salcoats beach these days?

Social media meltdown - Celtic fans are split into two camps. The get him tae f**k and riot and the get him to f**k and be dignified, both factions are accusing the other lot of *** behaviour. They don't see that they are a mirror image of each other. Entitlement is a terrible curse.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Not sure about the dad and uncle, but “he lives up north so how could he possibly support anyone else?” was the gist of it I think.

Genuinely can’t get over the Celtic fan saying that going from 1st to 2nd was an unparalleled downward trajectory

The downward trajectory isn’t about going from1st to 2nd. If you think that’s what I meant by that then I am genuinely mystified by the short-sightedness however let me clarify what I mean by unparalleled downward trajectory for Celtic

• 2 wins out of 10 games which is unparalleled for Celtic
  • 4 consecutive home defeats which hasn’t happened in over 60 years
  • Out of the Europa league with 1 point out of 4 games with 13 goals conceded in 4 games. This is a team with ambition for Champions League yet we have fallen so far we aren’t even capable now of a decent performance in the lower tier of Euro competition now. It used to be PSG and Barca scudding us now is Sparta Prague.
  • A team that’s has won 11 trophies on the bounce capitulating to an out of form, injury ravaged Ross County team at Celtic Park.
  • 11 points behind Rangers and it’s isn’t even December yet, even taking games in hand into account that’s about a 15 point swing from where we finished last season. 

I’ve seen some utter shite from Celtic in the 35 years I’ve been going however I’ve never ever seen a run of games like this, we have had some howling one off results over the years but nothing like the sustained ineptitude as what we are seeing now so it has nothing to do with going from1st to 2nd and everything to do with the above and more, and it has the potential to get much much worse. If this form continues we may even struggle to keep 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Haha, to be honest I knew it was coming. This is the first time since I joined P&B that there's been a genuine 'Let's All Laugh At Celtic" moment and it certainly seems that Rangers fans are not included in 'All' and are the only ones not allowed to join in, which I find rather ironic given we are their biggest rivals 😄

Haha fair enough man, you know how it is. Give us our moment!

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

There is almost nothing funnier on Pie and Bovril than one set of fans thinking they're intrinsically better than other people because of the football team they support. It's glorious.

One of the things which definitely is funnier is someone picking the team they "support" off the telly and trying to pass it off with some esoteric "you don't understand the far north from your central belt bubble" patter. 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The downward trajectory isn’t about going from1st to 2nd. If you think that’s what I meant by that then I am genuinely mystified by the short-sightedness however let me clarify what I mean by unparalleled downward trajectory for Celtic

• Out of the Europa league with 1 point out of 4 games with 13 goals conceded in 4 games. This is a team with ambition for Champions League yet we have fallen so far we aren’t even capable now of a decent performance in the lower tier of Euro competition now. It used to be PSG and Barca scudding us now is Sparta Prague.
  • A team that’s has won 11 trophies on the bounce capitulating to an out of form, injury ravaged Ross County team at Celtic Park.
  • 11 points behind Rangers and it’s isn’t even December yet, even taking games in hand into account that’s about a 15 point swing from where we finished last season. 

I’ve seen some utter shite from Celtic in the 35 years I’ve been going however I’ve never ever seen a run of games like this, we have had some howling one off results over the years but nothing like the sustained ineptitude as what we are seeing now so it has nothing to do with going from1st to 2nd and everything to do with the above and more, and it has the potential to get much much worse. If this form continues we may even struggle to keep 2nd. 

i was at one time, a season ticket holder for a successful team in another league, i fully understand your point of view, don't expect fans of diddy teams to, their dicks are oot reaching a final or getting top 6 after the split.

Rangers fans: rangers, rangers, rangers. The teddy bears, the people, the rangers. The boys in blue, the rangers, the queens eleven, rangers.

Also Rangers fans: can the diddies plz stop making this all about Rangers ?

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The pressure won’t dissipate if the board don’t make a change however it has to be channeled in a very different way to what was seen last night. The PLC has a responsibility to do what is in the best interest of the club and its shareholders and keeping someone in charge who is overseeing one of the worst run of results in decades resulting in huge losses of revenue and significant impact to share price would be negligent.

The fallout from loosing the league with Lennon still in charge if that happens will be huge and will not doubt see ST sales crumble also. The board are every bit as culpable as Lennon though and he’s being thrown under the bus by Peter Lawell by keeping him in charge. He shouldn’t be in this position as the change should have been made a while back.

If PL/DD do persist with NL though it shows nothing but contempt for the fans and I can’t see a way that strategy will be of benefit to them, PL has a bonus to protect after all and that too is crumbling away faster then Celtics chances of retaining the league

Surely not after all these are TGFITW. 

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

One of the things which definitely is funnier is someone picking the team they "support" off the telly and trying to pass it off with some esoteric "you don't understand the far north from your central belt bubble" patter. 

Yes mate, we get it, you're better than me because your mother gave birth to you in the Famous Five stand whereas I lived in a croft in a Clearance village and should have taken up shinty instead.

1 minute ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i was at one time, a season ticket holder for a successful team in another league, i fully understand your point of view, don't expect fans of diddy teams to, their dicks are oot reaching a final or getting top 6 after the split.

I absolutely get it, this is a rare opportunity for them to knock one off at our expense and to be fair I don’t begrudge it because if the shoe was on the other foot I would probably do it myself 😂

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The downward trajectory of going from finishing first, to finishing 2nd. That's literally what this is all about.  

that's isnt what its all about, sure this 10 shite is a big factor, but my dog likes to have a piss after his dinner, so i hear them moan on Radio Clyde when we're out for the aforementioned piss, there are ''all about the 10'' sellick fans, and there are Celtic fans, who aspire to have a decent run in Europe every year, 10 means nothing in a pub league

30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The fallout from loosing the league with Lennon still in charge if that happens will be huge and will not doubt see ST sales crumble also. The board are every bit as culpable as Lennon though and he’s being thrown under the bus by Peter Lawell by keeping him in charge. He shouldn’t be in this position as the change should have been made a while back.

“.....faithful through and through!” 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

9999.gif.42685612b261e1a176c15d1a29babaed.gif

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

You go up to the Far North, the Western Isles, the Orkneys or the Shetlands, it's the same all over.

I know a number of folk on the North Coast who support Caley / Ross County, a number of which actually travel down for their games (and are in their 50s, having raised their kids to support the Highland clubs).  The County fans aren't even in Ross-Shire (high school in Golspie before KLB got a school was the only connection).  

Aye, some have one of the ugly sisters as their 'big team', but they stopped being glory hunter shitebags and now combine trips to the Caley/County games with the shopping run.  Also, half of the folk I know from Orkney are Dons fans.  Caithness has absolutely no excuse.

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yes mate, we get it, you're better than me because your mother gave birth to you in the Famous Five stand whereas I lived in a croft in a Clearance village and should have taken up shinty instead.

Hibs fans never let their club die unlike your fans. Credit to them for stopping Mercer with the “Hands off Hibs” movement.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Or, if you don't have a connection to a club, you could have picked a more local one rather than coincidentally picking one half of Scotland's duopoly off the telly. Would save you getting so haughty every time someone gently makes fun of you for it.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I know a number of folk on the North Coast who support Caley / Ross County, a number of which actually travel down for their games (and are in their 50s, having raised their kids to support the Highland clubs).  The County fans aren't even in Ross-Shire (high school in Golspie before KLB got a school was the only connection).  Aye, some have one of the ugly sisters as their 'big team', but they stopped being glory hunter shitebags and now combine trips to the Caley/County games with the shopping run.  Also, half of the folk I know from Orkney are Dons fans.  Caithness has absolutely no excuse. It even has double carriageway roads.

I was born, raised and lived there for 25 years and I never met a single Caley or Ross County fan that lived in Caithness. Not a single one.

ICT didn't even exist when most people were getting into football and Ross County weren't in the SFL until 1994.