Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

1 hour ago, Mr Waldo said:

There's an article in there blaming Aberdeen and Motherwell !!      And they are being serious !!!

"Nobody is going to help us. We're going to have to do this on our own."

They're doing a great job so far on their own.

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have been led to believe from Celtic supporters over the years that any criticism of Neil Lennon is always sectarian. Now I’m confused.

Same. I thought it was because we all hate Catholics?

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Death, taxes and one group of OF fans ruining a chance to laugh at the other

It was literally every other fan that brought Rangers into this thread, not Rangers fans mate.

Just now, AJF said:

It was literally every other fan that brought Rangers into this thread, not Rangers fans mate.

This always happens. 

Negative Rangers story,  it's a Rangers problem. 

Negative celtic story, it's an old firm problem or whit aboot Sevco. 

Just laugh it off, it makes yesterday a lot more sweeter.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

The best bit about this is that after last nights rioting the celtic board can't be seen to cave in to that sort of pressure,  so Lennon will be staying where he is. 

I did wonder that myself. If they do sack him I reckon they will wait a wee bit and make it seem they have arrived at the decision of their own accord rather than bow to fans rioting which could set a dangerous precedent.

Either way, as Monday mornings go, this is glorious.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

The best bit about this is that after last nights rioting the celtic board can't be seen to cave in to that sort of pressure,  so Lennon will be staying where he is. 

The pressure won’t dissipate if the board don’t make a change however it has to be channeled in a very different way to what was seen last night. The PLC has a responsibility to do what is in the best interest of the club and its shareholders and keeping someone in charge who is overseeing one of the worst run of results in decades resulting in huge losses of revenue and significant impact to share price would be negligent.

The fallout from loosing the league with Lennon still in charge if that happens will be huge and will not doubt see ST sales crumble also. The board are every bit as culpable as Lennon though and he’s being thrown under the bus by Peter Lawell by keeping him in charge. He shouldn’t be in this position as the change should have been made a while back.

If PL/DD do persist with NL though it shows nothing but contempt for the fans and I can’t see a way that strategy will be of benefit to them, PL has a bonus to protect after all and that too is crumbling away faster then Celtics chances of retaining the league

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it the now! 

Tbh mate it's just you lot mar the fun for the rest of us diddies. Hanging about, trying to join in the fun while everyone tries to ignore you. It was the same when Celtic fans were trying to enjoy the Rangers banter years. 

43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is G51 not the Rangers supporter who admitted to supporting them because his dad and uncle supported one each for a laugh and they were on the telly a lot?

Not sure about the dad and uncle, but “he lives up north so how could he possibly support anyone else?” was the gist of it I think.

Genuinely can’t get over the Celtic fan saying that going from 1st to 2nd was an unparalleled downward trajectory

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it the now! 

Tbh mate it's just you lot mar the fun for the rest of us diddies. Hanging about, trying to join in the fun while everyone tries to ignore you. It was the same when Celtic fans were trying to enjoy the Rangers banter years. 

Haha, to be honest I knew it was coming. This is the first time since I joined P&B that there's been a genuine 'Let's All Laugh At Celtic" moment and it certainly seems that Rangers fans are not included in 'All' and are the only ones not allowed to join in, which I find rather ironic given we are their biggest rivals 😄

55 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is G51 not the Rangers supporter who admitted to supporting them because his dad and uncle supported one each for a laugh and they were on the telly a lot?

Yes.  He claimed he didn't support the Caley or County as they're too far away (think he lives in Wick or Thurso or some other bumpkin village), so supports Rangers instead.

50 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

@ me next time you little bitch

Like I said, I supported Rangers because we didn't have a local team. Mostly because the "Scottish" Football League blacklisted Highland clubs from joining the professional setup. Rangers and Celtic were on the telly, so most people picked one of them. It's pretty simple, but people from the Central Belt don't really understand this. You go up to the Far North, the Western Isles, the Orkneys or the Shetlands, it's the same all over.

I have to say, the funniest thing about this is Celtic's season completely disintegrating, but a close second is the piousness of non-OF fans claiming that only they are fit to laugh at Celtic because Rangers fans are no "better" than Celtic fans and would also protest their board. Of course we would! So would you! Hamilton literally did this a few weeks ago! Motherwell did it at the end of McGhee's tenure!

There is almost nothing funnier on Pie and Bovril than one set of fans thinking they're intrinsically better than other people because of the football team they support. It's glorious.