Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

Today's defeat has basically undermined all of Celtic's achievements since May 2016.

What could have happened:

Person 1: How many matches did Celtic go unbeaten?

Person 2: 70.

Person 1: That's an admirable achievement.

The reality:

Person 1: How many matches did Celtic go unbeaten?

Person 2: 69.

Person 1: Lol, that's a funny number.

Loltic. What an amateur and irrelevant outfit. Peter Bawwell must now be desperately trying to think of a new way to keep the foul-smelling mutants in the habit of throwing their money at him.

Without wanting to start getting called 1888 again I can’t help but feel that if Celtic were to make £18 million on a player they’d paid 500k for 18 months ago then it really wouldn’t be a reason to laugh at them?

What do I know though, I must just be blinded by my green tinted spectacles.

For me it's the fact they rated him more than double than 18 million. Yet an English club comes calling and they sell.
Yeh they made money on him but just like other Scottish clubs they couldn't say no to a team with more money than them.
Brighton ----> Celtic

Who has rated him more than that though?

Agents and the media maybe but have Celtic actually said we want 40? Even then if you have an asset you will have to sell at some point you’re obviously going to put as high a price tag as possible on it to make the most you can?

And sadly that’s the reality now for everyone outwith the EPL, big clubs all over Europe can lose players to even the smaller EPL teams. Money talks and it’s all in England at the moment.

I think 18 million is actually very good, I don’t think he’s worth it, if anyone else but an EPL team was bidding for him not sure they’d get offered that.

Supposedly nonsense anyway.

Without wanting to start getting called 1888 again I can’t help but feel that if Celtic were to make £18 million on a player they’d paid 500k for 18 months ago then it really wouldn’t be a reason to laugh at them?

What do I know though, I must just be blinded by my green tinted spectacles.

Rhabid

If this is true then it may be pretty excellent business, especially if there are sell on clauses thrown in there as well.  We could be on for a decent little pay day if Liverpool get around to buying Van Dijk so if there is a decent sell on clause then it could end up being a lot more than 18M. 

The rumour also could be a steaming pile of shite as well so who knows.