Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What on earth has Efe Ambrose got to do with anything? I'm comparing like for like with Forrest and Gauld.

Just pointing out that CL experience is no measure of a good player.

Anyway, all the Gauld talk is based on potential so having only 30 games under his belt is irrelevant at this stage, as are the wild claims of £5-6million fees. No-one expects him to go next month, but if/when he does go in 6/12/18 months and barring serious injury/falling off the face of the Earth it will likely be for a few mil.

Just pointing out that CL experience is no measure of a good player.

Anyway, all the Gauld talk is based on potential so having only 30 games under his belt is irrelevant at this stage, as are the wild claims of £5-6million fees. No-one expects him to go next month, but if/when he does go in 6/12/18 months and barring serious injury/falling off the face of the Earth it will likely be for a few mil.

Aye, this. If we get offered silly money, he'll go. If not, he won't. No need for any seethe from anyone, really.

It's more the interest in people putting a 6 million pound price tag on a player with 7 full games in the SPL.

I knew a lot of people in Dundee were mentally ill but I had to just come into this thread to see it myself.

A player is only worth what another club will pay for them and up til now, nobody has offered money yet. I would say however that if a club came in with an offer of less than 3 million, i suspect united will tell them to jog on

Yes, that's why they were calling him "Gould" on the bbc on Saturday. They must really be interested.

Do you really expect the Guffs to pronounce Gauldies name correctly . Anyway when was the last Dons "star" to get his profile on fitba focus

Ryan Gauldinho possesses more skill in his right thumb than those four do combined.

Prove it. Hes not even played 40 games for Dundee United. I can show you more quotes about Keigan Parker when he made his breakthrough if you want

As a guy who watches him regularly, you can just tell Gauld is a class apart. Trying to convey that to people who don't watch him regularly is impossible. Standfree has seen him once for instance and he did indeed have a quiet game, so therefore in his mind he's that quiet all the time.

Also Scott Allan was used as an example of a player who wanted too much too quick not as an example of a flash in the pan. Gauld with 30 senior appearances is already closing in fast on Allan who has 45 and can't get a game on loan at Birmingham City.

Gaulds looked good whenever I've seen him too. But the simple fact that so many United fans seem to be of the belief hes the biggest talent in the country and will easily move for a couple of million is laughable when hes done virtually nothing in his career so far except have a run of nine or ten games of good form

It's too early to suggest that he will definitely be a £5M player. You'd have to be slow as f**k to not realise that he'll be a million pound player. Just for posterity's sake, is it too early for you to realise that he'll be a million pound player?

He could easily be a million pound player, but not yet. Maybe if you want to include clauses and the like but until he actually proves something then no English club will pay that amount

The difference between Stevie May and Ryan Gauld is, Stevie May has been scouted by Peterborough and Rotherham this season.

Ones a proven goalscorer with 114 games under his belt (including European games), was reported to be scouted by Man United by the same paper who claim Gauld was scouted by EPL sides, and is valued by his club at around £800k. He's been subject of bids from Championship sides.

Ones an unproven youngster with less than 40 games under his belt and has never been under any sort of bid by anyone.

Theres a difference alright. I'd say our valuation of May is correct, and I wouldn't say Gauld deserves much higher a fee at the moment

Prove it. Hes not even played 40 games for Dundee United. I can show you more quotes about Keigan Parker when he made his breakthrough if you want

Gaulds looked good whenever I've seen him too. But the simple fact that so many United fans seem to be of the belief hes the biggest talent in the country and will easily move for a couple of million is laughable when hes done virtually nothing in his career so far except have a run of nine or ten games of good form

He could easily be a million pound player, but not yet. Maybe if you want to include clauses and the like but until he actually proves something then no English club will pay that amount

Ones a proven goalscorer with 114 games under his belt (including European games), was reported to be scouted by Man United by the same paper who claim Gauld was scouted by EPL sides, and is valued by his club at around £800k. He's been subject of bids from Championship sides.

Ones an unproven youngster with less than 40 games under his belt and has never been under any sort of bid by anyone.

Theres a difference alright. I'd say our valuation of May is correct, and I wouldn't say Gauld deserves much higher a fee at the moment

You're like Standfree's parasitic twin fetus.

You're like Standfree's parasitic twin fetus.

I'm sure someone said we were the same poster once. You're verging on a similar level of imbecility as them

Yeah, I watched him play my team and he was completely ineffective and we won. Ciftci was a better player on the day.

He went by SSB's players for fun that day being cynically fouled on each occasion, however wasn't fully fit and should not have started after playing a couple games for Scotland during the break just before that game

You also beat us 3 times in 2011/12, how'd that workout for you in the long run?

I really couldn`t give much of a f**k whether he is worth £500k or £3m, hence the reason I`ve pretty much swerved that part of the debate. I`m merely satisfied that the kid seems to have his head screwed on, is receiving decent guidance and most of all that I can continue to watch him develop his undoubted natural talent at Tannadice. FWIW Armstrong IMO has been our best player over the last couple of games, so there is no burden falling on Gauld to do it every bloody game, as the rest of the team relieves any pressure(there is none) on him.

Not denying you've got a great team and some fantastic young players, but to be getting so wound up when someone, quite rightly imo, questions a £5 million price tag on Gauld is ludicrous.

f**k sake, when did we drop the price to £5 million?

I really couldn`t give much of a f**k whether he is worth £500k or £3m, hence the reason I`ve pretty much swerved that part of the debate. I`m merely satisfied that the kid seems to have his head screwed on, is receiving decent guidance and most of all that I can continue to watch him develop his undoubted natural talent at Tannadice. FWIW Armstrong IMO has been our best player over the last couple of games, so there is no burden falling on Gauld to do it every bloody game, as the rest of the team relieves any pressure on him.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like a complete and utter cock. So should avoid such a fall from grace as Parker and Goodwillie. Far too early to say what'll happen to him though

Archived