Dundee United 2013/14 Season

It might sound unbelievable but Keigan Parker once scored five goals before November, signed a four year contract, got touted for Scotland call up and was rumoured to be getting tracked by EPL sides...

And look what happened to him

We won't know until he moves. I understand some people don't fulfill their potential. Personally, I believe he will but I can understand why others (yourself, StandFree etc.) could be skeptical. All guesswork/opinions at this stage.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, as above he wont go for around a million as Utd will tell them to GTF with that offer and there will be plenty of competition for him.

Secondly, you can't make a fair comparison with Russell as his contract was running down and he made it clear he wouldn't be extending (and it was £750k).

Thirdly, there is plenty of precedent for big money moves from non-OF clubs. Even before Goodwillie look at the price Brown, Fletcher and Thomson went for.

Neither Brown or Thompson went to England. Fletcher went for 3 million, but had been capped for Scotland while being a regular in the Hibs team for several seasons.

Even before Goodwillie look at the price Brown, Fletcher and Thomson went for.

Not really a fair comparison..

Games before moving..

Steven Fletcher - 156

Scott Brown - 110

Kevin Thomson - 80

David Goodwillie - 117

Ryan Gauld - 39

We won't know until he moves. I understand some people don't fulfill their potential. Personally, I believe he will but I can understand why others (yourself, StandFree etc.) could be skeptical. All guesswork/opinions at this stage.

It far too early to suggest hes worthy of over £1m, and even sillier to think the speculation of a move down South is anything more than speculation. We're a "diddy" league to them, so for a young player to be worth of a big money move then he'd have to prove himself for longer than a few months and 26 games

And neither brown nor Thomson went to England. He's clutching at straws here.

Yup, it was the Bigot Brothers who signed them, and they won't ever spend that sort of money on same league players ever again

My bad. I read "I've seen my team face him twice" for some reason.

Tough couple of games for Aberdeen before us. Could be out of sight by the time you come to "Tannadump".

:lol:

Obviously you're very upset by this.

Been widely speculated that you're paying him 5k a week

Fixed that for you (and tidied up the spelling because I'm nice like that).

Who cares what we're paying Goodie. It'll be a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things. In the past two months we've extended the contracts of four/five players who will all generate in excess of £1M if sold with at least a year left on their deals (which they almost certainly will be now that we've extended the deals). If we don't sell them then we get to enjoy this team for another two and a half years. Gauld on his own is looking likely to generate a record transfer fee for the club which would see us clear our historic debt and post a healthy profit on top of it. A couple of hundred grand on Goodie (if it is that much) is no big deal (and already more than covered by the three quarters of a million we got for Russell, who was down to the last twelve months of his deal). If we keep Goodie til the end of the season then we've replaced one striker for another and made a half million profit.

I appreciate the need for people to attach a cloud to our current silver lining but it isn't the Goodwillie deal.

Games before moving..

Steven Fletcher - 156

Scott Brown - 110

Kevin Thomson - 80

David Goodwillie - 117

Ryan Gauld - 39

Ryan Gauldinho possesses more skill in his right thumb than those four do combined.

Games before moving.. 

Steven Fletcher - 156

Scott Brown - 110

Kevin Thomson - 80

David Goodwillie - 117

Ryan Gauld - 39

As a guy who watches him regularly, you can just tell Gauld is a class apart. Trying to convey that to people who don't watch him regularly is impossible. Standfree has seen him once for instance and he did indeed have a quiet game, so therefore in his mind he's that quiet all the time.

Also Scott Allan was used as an example of a player who wanted too much too quick not as an example of a flash in the pan. Gauld with 30 senior appearances is already closing in fast on Allan who has 45 and can't get a game on loan at Birmingham City.

I don't know, I don't inspect the Tannadump toilets :huh:

It is a dump though. Horrible stadium in character with the slums around it.

Maybe so, but until our floors start caving in, I'll hold it in higher esteem to that thing you call a Stadium in Aberdeen.

It far too early to suggest hes worthy of over £1m, and even sillier to think the speculation of a move down South is anything more than speculation. We're a "diddy" league to them, so for a young player to be worth of a big money move then he'd have to prove himself for longer than a few months and 26 games

It's too early to suggest that he will definitely be a £5M player. You'd have to be slow as f**k to not realise that he'll be a million pound player. Just for posterity's sake, is it too early for you to realise that he'll be a million pound player?

The hypocrisy is pretty huge. At "Tannadump", how many times in the last two years has the toilets floor caved in?

At Dundee United’s Tannadice stadium, mould was found growing over one of the bars, which had a broken and filthy extraction vent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-clubs-told-clean-up-2052678

Not safe to eat at Tannadump. Also not safe to be a woman.

Yes, we could be. I see we have sold out the away allocation at Tannadice so no doubt there will be more away fans than home fans again. Quite poor when you consider Dundee Uniteds league position and so-called stars.

If you get him with that bait it'll come as no surprise tbh.

Do United fans not ask themselves why superior players at Celtic with Champions league experience are not being bought by English clubs for a few million? Yet Ryan Gauld will go for 5 or 6?

Come on lads.

Er.... age, potential, future value?

Archived