Dundee United 2013/14 Season

He doesn't run 40 yards to celebrate - he never celebrates, for whatever reason.

True, if a goal is scored when he is far away he stands there, turns back towards Rado and makes his way back to his 'starting position'. Peeeeel I don't know here you are getting the 'runs 40 yards' from but its not true.

United will definitely offer him a new deal, no doubt about it, but he may not accept it, thats the 'rumour', we aren't looking to offload him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks peeeel. I'm avoiding GN pal, sed to be good when we were talking General Nonsense but now the most popular threads seem to be about posters talking about themselves and/or other posters. Mind you it's probably cheaper than therapy.

However, since logging back on to P&B I thought I'd look at the early posts in this thread and came up with this cracker from page 1 - you may recognise the poster. :P

Shucks matty. That's the nicest think you've ever said about me.

I actually have a question for you and the other P&B Dees but I'll post in in the appropriate forum.

:lol: To be fair I was spot on in the rest of that post. How does this team compare to the 80's team for you mate?

I meant you trying to troll. I genuinely couldn't care less if GD is back or not, me and him don't actually mean the things we say to one another you know?

"A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people" You were clearly upset when I said Granny Danger was a better poster than you, you are still banging on about it now. Like I've said before, if you stop taking this place so seriously and stop caring what other posters think of you, you won't get upset so easily. Other than that you're ok value.

:lol: To be fair I was spot on in the rest of that post. How does this team compare to the 80's team for you mate?

Aye, hindsight is a wonderfull thing. I'm pretty sure I posted back there somewhere that if we got a top six finish this season McNamara would deserve a lot of praise; now I'll be pissed off if we don't qualify for Europe.

I was not a regular attender back in the 80's; simply didn't have the money; though I did see some of the big games. However, I think it is very difficult to compare teams from then and teams from now (hence, on a different level, the stupidity of the Maradona/Messi debate). A team with United's resources will NEVER have a run in Europe the way that we had back then.

What I envy from those days is the ability to keep key players for more than a season or two. I know it has already been discussed, but if we could keep the present team together until the end of the 2014/15 season I think we could achieve great things. Imagine this team, strengthened with some back-up options, playing in Europe next season.

Anyway, let's just enjoy it while we can.

Aye, hindsight is a wonderfull thing. I'm pretty sure I posted back there somewhere that if we got a top six finish this season McNamara would deserve a lot of praise; now I'll be pissed off if we don't qualify for Europe.

I was not a regular attender back in the 80's; simply didn't have the money; though I did see some of the big games. However, I think it is very difficult to compare teams from then and teams from now (hence, on a different level, the stupidity of the Maradona/Messi debate). A team with United's resources will NEVER have a run in Europe the way that we had back then.

What I envy from those days is the ability to keep key players for more than a season or two. I know it has already been discussed, but if we could keep the present team together until the end of the 2014/15 season I think we could achieve great things. Imagine this team, strengthened with some back-up options, playing in Europe next season.

Anyway, let's just enjoy it while we can.

Yeah Wee Jim's contracts would be more than welcome in this team. I guess a better way to ask is, are you more excited before the games now than you were then?

I think we were all wildly off the mark pre-season and about everything. :lol:

For the past few season I've complained about the prices of match ticket and the cost of supporting a club in general. However this season I'd happily pay more as I'm thoroughly enjoying it mate.

Any word on cifti

Two, f**k off.

McNamara isn't going to be on sportsound tonight as the case is still ongoing after starting at five. I really can't see Ciftci getting away without a ban.

Unless they have just gone out for a celebratory drink post 'name being cleared'. Probably not.

Two-match suspension (one match immediate and one match suspended until the end of season 2013/14, to take effect in the event of a breach of Disciplinary Rule 201 during that period).

Fucking bull-shit!

' Disciplinary Rule 201: Excessive misconduct at a match by seizing hold of an Assistant Referee, namely Gavin Harris, by the throat.

Outcome: Excessive misconduct charge proved but in relation to an amended charge, namely: “Excessive misconduct at a match by placing an open hand into the lower area of the Assistant Referee's throat.” '

I'm guessing this is the reason this hearing dragged on so much this evening. They changed the charge from having seized the linesman's throat so he hasn't been found guilty for something he didn't do at least. Players aren't allowed to lay their hands on officials and the picture does show him prodding the linesman's throat. I'm all for just accepting it and letting it go now. Ciftci now definitely has a week off from playing to recover from his injury.

' Disciplinary Rule 201: Excessive misconduct at a match by seizing hold of an Assistant Referee, namely Gavin Harris, by the throat.

Outcome: Excessive misconduct charge proved but in relation to an amended charge, namely: “Excessive misconduct at a match by placing an open hand into the lower area of the Assistant Referee's throat.” '

I'm guessing this is the reason this hearing dragged on so much this evening. They changed the charge from having seized the linesman's throat so he hasn't been found guilty for something he didn't do at least. Players aren't allowed to lay their hands on officials and the picture does show him prodding the linesman's throat. I'm all for just accepting it and letting it go now. Ciftci now definitely has a week off from playing to recover from his injury.

Agreed. They clearly over-reacted and made a balls up of it. Nadir wasn't completely innocent though so take the one match ban and move on. Effectively no ban as there is no way he was making Saturday. Wish it was the weekend already!

Archived