Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Absolute madness people are trying to put a price on his head. He's not even had a full season playing - I hope he stays for at least 2 full seasons worth of spl football then heads to Germany / Spain / holland where he will develop further

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute madness people are trying to put a price on his head. He's not even had a full season playing - I hope he stays for at least 2 full seasons worth of spl football then heads to Germany / Spain / holland where he will develop further

The redtops will have a fresh valuation daily if he keeps playing well.

If you were him and man united made a serious offer would you go

if that was the only game in town, yeah personally I would go but if i thought there was a chance of Germany or Spain i would be hanging off.

football is a weird game - two entirely different reasons as to why what happened happened but look at Goodie and Craig Gordon.

If you were him and man united made a serious offer would you go

if that was the only game in town, yeah personally I would go but if i thought there was a chance of Germany or Spain i would be hanging off.

football is a weird game - two entirely different reasons as to why what happened happened but look at Goodie and Craig Gordon.

If I was Ryan Gauld and Man Utd wanted me, of course I'd go. Let's ignore the fact my wage might jump from around £800 to £30000 a week, let's consider the attraction that training with the likes of Giggs, Rooney, Van Persie et al brings. Likelyhood is he would go out on loan anyway and get game time.

However, I pray ST plays hardball and knocks back anything other than a stupid offer. His value is only going to increase, this is a gamble that would be stupid no to take. end of the season or next and we could see bids closer to £10m.

But then again, even more than that, we need to keep this team together for 18 more months, just 18 frigging months! How awesome would this team be next season after a season of gelling together? I'm in heaven just considering it!

With his loan deal up in January I think that United should not be looking to keep Goodwillie beyond then. The money that is currently being spent on him could easily pay for another front man and possibly a back up left back.

When he was brought in on loan I was convinced all the elements were there to allow him to prove his worth:

He was returning to a club where he was successful and appreciated,

He had something to prove,

He is a naturally talented footballer.

However, and for whatever reason, it hasn't happened for him. In the earlier games I felt he was just lacking in confidence and needed something to spark his revival. I also felt in the early games he was getting little decent service. Nonetheless I just don't feel it's going to happen for him and the money he is supposedly costing us could be used better elsewhere.

We would also be rid of the distasteful "he does what he wants" chant, though there has been little cause for it to be heard in recent weeks.

I'd also add that McNamara deserves credit for so many things so far, and from a personal viewpoint he has converted me from a 4-4-2 traditionalist. The 4-2-3-1 formation he is playing, and the freedom of movement he seems to encourage in the four attacking players, is a thing of beauty. Any additional players that we bring in, either on loan or as permanent signings, should be conditional on them fitting into this system.

The fact that he has kept Dillon out of the team despite him being club captain is a sign of his determination to do what is best for the team and I hope that he can see the weakness in Wilson's game and take appropriate action.

With his loan deal up in January I think that United should not be looking to keep Goodwillie beyond then. The money that is currently being spent on him could easily pay for another front man and possibly a back up left back.

When he was brought in on loan I was convinced all the elements were there to allow him to prove his worth:

However, and for whatever reason, it hasn't happened for him. In the earlier games I felt he was just lacking in confidence and needed something to spark his revival. I also felt in the early games he was getting little decent service. Nonetheless I just don't feel it's going to happen for him and the money he is supposedly costing us could be used better elsewhere.

We would also be rid of the distasteful "he does what he wants" chant, though there has been little cause for it to be heard in recent weeks.

I'd also add that McNamara deserves credit for so many things so far, and from a personal viewpoint he has converted me from a 4-4-2 traditionalist. The 4-2-3-1 formation he is playing, and the freedom of movement he seems to encourage in the four attacking players, is a thing of beauty. Any additional players that we bring in, either on loan or as permanent signings, should be conditional on them fitting into this system.

The fact that he has kept Dillon out of the team despite him being club captain is a sign of his determination to do what is best for the team and I hope that he can see the weakness in Wilson's game and take appropriate action.

Never mind that speil, welcome back you creepy old b*****d ;)

Nice to see you back on here again GD. Completely agree about the lack of the HDWHW chant. That's been the big positive of Goodwillie being out of the team so much over the last few games. Well aside from all the goals, wins and positive exciting football...

Aaaargghhh a ghost!!!!

As far as I'm aware, his wages are being paid by benefactors including ST who wanted him back. So that money goes with Goodie.

As far as I'm aware, his wages are being paid by benefactors including ST who wanted him back. So that money goes with Goodie.

Don't know where you get your information from but, if it's true, then I'd imagine these 'benefactors' are United supporters who will be delighted by what the team is achieving at the moment. If one of these 'benefactors' is Stephen Thomson I'm sure his desire for Goodwillie to return was for footballing/business reasons and not for reasons of sentimentality.

In this respect I'm sure the money being used to pay our contribution to Goodwillie's wages can be, at least in part, retained and put to better use.

Don't know where you get your information from but, if it's true, then I'd imagine these 'benefactors' are United supporters who will be delighted by what the team is achieving at the moment. If one of these 'benefactors' is Stephen Thomson I'm sure his desire for Goodwillie to return was for footballing/business reasons and not for reasons of sentimentality.

In this respect I'm sure the money being used to pay our contribution to Goodwillie's wages can be, at least in part, retained and put to better use.

Good to see you back GD.

Never mind that speil, welcome back you creepy old b*****d ;)

Nice to see you back on here again GD.

Aaaargghhh a ghost!!!!

Good to see you back GD.

Thank you. I thought it was only a couple of days since I had last posted.... :unsure2:

Ciftci hearing 5pm today again. Reading between the lines it'd appear that it didn't take place as the SFA want Ciftci there & McNamara had decided Ciftci wouldn't travel to Hampden last Thursday with the game against Killie the following night. No sure this reasoning will suit some of the more paranoid Arabs though.

Ciftci hearing 5pm today again. Reading between the lines it'd appear that it didn't take place as the SFA want Ciftci there & McNamara had decided Ciftci wouldn't travel to Hampden last Thursday with the game against Killie the following night. No sure this reasoning will suit some of the more paranoid Arabs though.

Alright Marty McFly?! :)

Archived