Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ciftci out for a few weeks according to Jackie :bairn

Suppose at least if he gets a ban on tuesday it doesnt matter. Time for Graham and Goodwillie to step up in his absence.

Just Graham, Goodie is done, and his little walk off the park at the end without acknowledging any other player on the park speaks volumes about his attitude. Hopefully Graham can step up, he is a different type of player that compared to our current front four but he does add something physically and he puts in a good amount of work.

Just Graham, Goodie is done, and his little walk off the park at the end without acknowledging any other player on the park speaks volumes about his attitude. Hopefully Graham can step up, he is a different type of player that compared to our current front four but he does add something physically and he puts in a good amount of work.

I wasn't impressed by Graham as much as others were in his early sub appearances when the team were struggling at the start of the season but I felt he did well against St. Mirren and Celtic (barring his miss which was awful admittedly). I was really happy with what he did on the pitch tonight and now Ciftci's injured it looks like he's going to get the run of games he's really needed.

I didn't notice Goodwillie doing anything at full time but we can't deny now that in terms of getting Goodie's career back on track, this loan has ultimately been a failure. I can't bring myself to write him off yet but he's going to need to get the hell away from Blackburn and be prepared to work very hard. I'm genuinely gutted that it has come to this. I would have struggled to have believed you if you had told me his career was going to turn out this way when he left.

Goodie's walk off was probably more depression/shame than being ignorant towards his teammates. Things just haven't gone right since he left United. In retrospect, Blackburn was not the right destination given their inner turmoil.

Should have went to Rangers for some stability...

LOL dinna think United would have been here had he gone to the Rangers. We probably wouldnt have received a penny of the fee and instead now United are flourishing and if hadnt been for our 2 points in 1st 3 games we would have been challenging for the league

Have been a United fan since aboot 1979 was a glory hunter as a barin. Saw us win the league and our great european teams. We had a mediocre spell in the 1990s apart from the Cup win. We werna much better in the 00s until Levein came boss and Housty got us our cup win in 2010 and we had a great team then but forced to sell our top players.

Tbh i thought Jackie McNamrra was a cheap option how wrong could i have been Steven Thompson deserves great credit for gettin in Jackie, Simon and Dazza in.... a top decision.. We are now the best team in scotland and soo exciting to watch. This is the best United team weve had since the mid 80s. So many brilliant players weve hit at least 4 goals in 7games. Roll on the rest of the season proud to be an Arab :)

If you were him and man united made a serious offer would you go

Hypothetical pish forum for this. Or go and watch his interview on the BBC website. Head screwed on, loving his football, only 17!!! GMS and Danny Wilson both went to Liverpool early and got lost. I'm not just saying this as an Arab, but lets just back off and enjoy! The redtops will hype him up regardless, but given their decreasing relevance, f**k them.

In the unlikely event that there is actually some truth in that Mirror article, £3m is a good place to start if that's their first offer. Better than an insulting £1.2m or something. If they're starting at £3m is shows they're serious and Utd could surely negotiate that up another mil or two.

Archived