Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly a chance, not a chance. Same thing. For me, a chance is when Mackay-Steven was through on goal; Brian Graham's sitter of a miss from Ciftci's; or the goal from Armstrong having been played on goal.

Not a beautiful header that came from nothing.

Hardly a chance, not a chance. Same thing. For me, a chance is when Mackay-Steven was through on goal; Brian Graham's sitter of a miss from Ciftci's; or the goal from Armstrong having been played on goal.

Not a beautiful header that came from nothing.

So was it a chance they created or not? Obviously it was as it went in! The point is you said Celtic created SFA chances in the game, when it's pretty obvious they created a few.

That's like saying Ciftci against Wigan or Gauld against St Mirren is a chance. 

The bottom line is: we deserved to win.

No the bottom line is we didn't win. Conceding late goals away from home has been a problem, hopefully rectified at Motherwell. What does it matter if a goal is a screamer or one of your "chances" anyway?

Celtic dominated us for most of the match, yet we hit them effectively on the break several times. One of those games where we are going to insist we should have won due to our resiliant defence and quick breaks but one that Celtic fans will insist they might have won due to sheer pressure and posession. The correct answer? Who gives a f**k it was weeks ago now, move on.

I spent the day in the comapny of Robbie Winters yesterday and he is a very friendly guy and was happy to chat about loads of football stuff (although he did say the side he played in at Brann was better than any United side). The other ex-pro that was there doing the 'Show Racism the Red Card' event was 'brother of Barry' Derek Ferguson, and to be honest he was actually brilliant. Very candid and very funny and all through the day I was thinking 'I should hate you, but for some reason I don't'. Also United didn't have the heating on and it was freezing, cheapskate b*****ds.

Celtic dominated us for most of the match, yet we hit them effectively on the break several times. One of those games where we are going to insist we should have won due to our resiliant defence and quick breaks but one that Celtic fans will insist they might have won due to sheer pressure and posession. The correct answer? Who gives a f**k it was weeks ago now, move on.

I spent the day in the comapny of Robbie Winters yesterday and he is a very friendly guy and was happy to chat about loads of football stuff (although he did say the side he played in at Brann was better than any United side). The other ex-pro that was there doing the 'Show Racism the Red Card' event was 'brother of Barry' Derek Ferguson, and to be honest he was actually brilliant. Very candid and very funny and all through the day I was thinking 'I should hate you, but for some reason I don't'. Also United didn't have the heating on and it was freezing, cheapskate b*****ds.

And to think we are sponsored by Calor :wacko:

Off topic, but a few pals and run the @sfaquizzes twitter account and we've just updated this quiz on United's opening day XIs so try it out if you please

http://www.sporcle.com/games/AndrewScottMuir/dundee-united-opening-day-xis

Had a go at this, did embarrassingly badly in terms of my score.

That embarrassment turned to a sense of pride when I read some of the names I had forgotten - I recall many games where I had hoped to wipe those players from my memory!

Had a go at this, did embarrassingly badly in terms of my score.

That embarrassment turned to a sense of pride when I read some of the names I had forgotten - I recall many games where I had hoped to wipe those players from my memory!

I got stuck at question one when I couldn't spell Rado's name :ph34r:

The Directors of Dundee United today approved a change of ownership as majority shareholder Mrs Cath Thompson transferred her entire shareholding to son Stephen Thompson and daughter Justine Mitchell.

The Directors of Dundee United today approved a change of ownership as majority shareholder Mrs Cath Thompson transferred her entire shareholding to son Stephen Thompson and daughter Justine Mitchell.

Yeah it was reported a couple of weeks back this would happen. It was my understanding that Justine Mitchell took much more of an interest in the club than Stephen Thompson. She did of course suffer the tragic loss of her husband at the same time Eddie Thompson passed on. No surprise to me to see her a little more involved.

I got stuck at question one when I couldn't spell Rado's name :ph34r:

I spent far too long attempting that too! Even tried "Rado" just in case :whistle

Wonder if this will have any real longterm effect.

Hopefully an older Arab can help me out here.

I just read on FB that United tried to sign Josimar in 88. Was this just a pish rumour or was there a genuine interest there?

Cheers.

Archived