Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ciftci downgraded to yellow and violent conduct charge not proven

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4642&cd=2013

The SFA's case for Notice 2 against Nadir Ciftci (Excessive misconduct at a match by seizing hold of an Assistant Referee, namely Gavin Harris, by the throat.) is to be heard on Thursday, November 21st.

Can we now get a 'he grabs who he wants' chant on the go? Excellent news for us, he has provided a physical presence to our attacking midfield and is incredibly versatile. We will suffer without him in the team. He should be given another go upfront on Saturday against Motherwell.

Really impressed with Dundee Utd this season, at the start of the season I tipped them to miss out on the top 6 due to believing that despite the quality of youngster they had, I felt they probably wouldn't be consistent enough, I've changed my opinion, what a really enjoyable side to watch, I was at Fir Park on Saturday and couldn't help be impressed, they should have been out of site at Celtic Park the week before too.

Jackie Mac is doing a wonderful job, you have to hope that he can hang onto the majority of this team until the end of 2014/15 Season, apart from the Scottish lads, Nadir Ciftci has been excellent, another top prospect.

I think alot of Utd fans had similar thoughts at the start of the season regarding consistency, and the first few results didn't do much to change our minds. Our attacking play has won the plaudits but one of the most pleasing things for me has been the much-improved defence - best in the league at the moment compared to second worst last season (it really was a shambles last year).

Keeping the squad together beyond this season would be fantastic, but if the team keeps progressing the way it is then I think we will be struggling to keep our manager aswell as the players.

Getting to take some classes of mine to Tannadice today for the whole day (a Show Racism the Red Card event). Part of the itinerary is a Q&A with players and autograph session, as much as I will be remaining professional and composed, inside i will be totally fangirling -

fangirling.gif

Edit: If I get a chance I will ask Gauld if he is 'Celtic class'.

Really impressed with Dundee Utd this season, at the start of the season I tipped them to miss out on the top 6 due to believing that despite the quality of youngster they had, I felt they probably wouldn't be consistent enough, I've changed my opinion, what a really enjoyable side to watch, I was at Fir Park on Saturday and couldn't help be impressed, they should have been out of site at Celtic Park the week before too.

Should Utd really have been out of sight at Celtic Park? From the highlights it looked as if Celtic missed a lot of chances. Sounds like an exciting team anyway, I might get along to tannadice to have a watch sometime.

Should Utd really have been out of sight at Celtic Park? From the highlights it looked as if Celtic missed a lot of chances.

Celtic had a number of decent half-chances. United (Graham) missed an absolute sitter late on at 1-0.

Is there any reason why the SFA couldn't have had Ciftci's last appeal this week? Surely it would have been better to have it done already rather than schedule it two days before our next game leaving us up in the air about whether we'll have Ciftci available for it when we've had this week free to do it.

Is there any reason why the SFA couldn't have had Ciftci's last appeal this week? Surely it would have been better to have it done already rather than schedule it two days before our next game leaving us up in the air about whether we'll have Ciftci available for it when we've had this week free to do it.

I doubt it's in the air at all, Arabzone have the footage which shows what Gavin Harris (the lino) has claimed is absolute bollocks.

Archived