Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about strengthening the defence for me. We have been woeful, bordering on inept at times. Partly down to lack of confidence with zonal marking, but also because of injuries we have seen way to much of McLean for my liking. He doesn't exude confidence and the others pick up on it.

Douglas has got better but again during the first part of the season he didn't look that confident when he was being run at, ( and annoyingly kept falling over)

I wonder whether we could play Gardyne up front as a replacement for daly ? Seems happier up there from what I have seen.

Don't know if you can read too much into this but daly has just enrolled his kid into Inchture primary for next term . He could of course commute to The Rangers .

How the f**k you know that? Are you a dinner lady ?

• 2 weeks later...

The Courier's Ian Roache has just tweeted that we're signing Brian Graham from Raith and Flood is going to Aberdeen.

Saw Graham at Starks Park pre-season and he gave our defence a hard time that day, although that might say more about the fragility of our defence.

Not going to lie, I'm gutted Flood's going to Pittodrie. He's been tremendous this term. Next season might be a struggle.

The Courier's Ian Roache has just tweeted that we're signing Brian Graham from Raith and Flood is going to Aberdeen.

Saw Graham at Starks Park pre-season and he gave our defence a hard time that day, although that might say more about the fragility of our defence.

Not going to lie, I'm gutted Flood's going to Pittodrie. He's been tremendous this term. Next season might be a struggle.

All I can say is thank f**k for St.Mirren!!

Next season could well be a bit of a slog - looks like we are going to lose Flood (gutted if its to another SPL side, hes been our best player the last 6 months), Daly (regardless if hes looking like injuries are catching up with him, hes a great captain and will be a huge loss up front and at the back) and probably Russell (£1m on the table and hes away). Wouldnt be particularly disappointed if Ryan and/or Millar leave.

Replacing them with lower league players untried at this level will always be a gamble, especially when the rest of our squad is so young. As good as Souttar has been, theres a reason you dont see 17 yo centre halfs playing week in week out - he just hasnt had enough time to learn the game, essential IMO for that postion. Dont want to hype him up, over rely on him and produce a new Gary Kenneth.

We need another CH, unless Gunning gets back to his best when he returns. Would love to see Gomis or Buaben back, finances wont allow it though.

I reckon UTD have a good chance of landing Gomis, you'd have to fear he'd possibly hold Gauld back a bit (who looks a fantastic prospect) .. I don't see Ryan week in week out, but from what I have seen he looks a decent enough deep lying midfielder.

Ryan started the season really well but then hit a poor patch from which he's not recovered. Rumours of fall outs with Houston but has done nothing under McNamara when given the chance.

Archived