Dundee United 2013/14 Season

It's too early to suggest that he will definitely be a £5M player. You'd have to be slow as f**k to not realise that he'll be a million pound player. Just for posterity's sake, is it too early for you to realise that he'll be a million pound player?

He said over a million. He will go for around a million, which is what a Scottish non-OF player is worth in the eyes of the big clubs down south. 1.5 tops.

^^^ Slow as f**k.

Prove it. Hes not even played 40 games for Dundee United. I can show you more quotes about Keigan Parker when he made his breakthrough if you want

Gaulds looked good whenever I've seen him too. But the simple fact that so many United fans seem to be of the belief hes the biggest talent in the country and will easily move for a couple of million is laughable when hes done virtually nothing in his career so far except have a run of nine or ten games of good form

He could easily be a million pound player, but not yet. Maybe if you want to include clauses and the like but until he actually proves something then no English club will pay that amount

Ones a proven goalscorer with 114 games under his belt (including European games), was reported to be scouted by Man United by the same paper who claim Gauld was scouted by EPL sides, and is valued by his club at around £800k. He's been subject of bids from Championship sides.

Ones an unproven youngster with less than 40 games under his belt and has never been under any sort of bid by anyone.

Theres a difference alright. I'd say our valuation of May is correct, and I wouldn't say Gauld deserves much higher a fee at the moment

^^^^^ Slow as f**k.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure who you're classing as great but most of out of our young Scottish players in the first team squad; Souttar, Gauld, Watson, Armstrong and Dow have only ever been at United. Like Goodie and Russell before them. Andy Robertson was signed from Queens Park, Aiden Connolly too but can't class him as a great yet which leaves GMS who has been a product of a few clubs but it's not true to say that we poach our young players from elsewhere.

Dow was at Dundee

Gauld's got more potential than Goodwillie and Russell had, he's younger and now tied down to a long contract. He's tipped for the very top level - not just a very good Championship/lower Premier League player. I think he'll go for anything £3.5m and above (plus add-ons such as sell on percentage). Wouldn't be surprised if it was around £5-6m when he leaves...

That's just my opinion though.

Not far off...

Yes he's was. He joined United at 15 or 16.

ETA : 15 it was he signed for United. It's on your own clubs site too :lol:

I defer to the wisdom of the official site - he moved to United once he hit puberty at age 14. Another in a long line of sensible young chaps crossing to the righteous side of the great divide.

It seems I was right, United have got £1.5million from the deal.

:lol:

f**k off.

It is funny reading back on all the experts thoughts about Gauld, some absolute belters in there. Jealousy from other clubs supporters Arabs dont worry about it, sure Robertson will get you a million plus, Armstrong not far off a million aswell. And if Souttar gets his act together then you could be laughing with him aswell.

All is looking rosey in the Arabs garden.

Hopefully this is a massive incentive for other Scottish clubs too, producing good young talent can help clubs massively. Hopefully other teams try and follow in your footsteps for the sake of the Scottish game.

Delighted with the Gauld move.

^^^^^ Slow as f**k.

Yeah, I take it you completely missed the point where I said "He could easily be a million pound player, but not yet.", Which I still stand by, as I said it over 6 months ago now

Yeah, I take it you completely missed the point where I said "He could easily be a million pound player, but not yet.", Which I still stand by, as I said it over 6 months ago now

It's good to have the courage of your convictions, however wrong they are, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's good to have the courage of your convictions, however wrong they are, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise.

I was proven right by the way :P

Archived