Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Tbf to Gunning he's 23 tomorrow, if he work on his positioning and the mental side to his game he would be a top Premiership defender. God knows what you see in Kenneth.

Anyway differences in opinions.

We really need to win Monday night now!

That's a big 'if'!

The boy has talent, of that there is little doubt, but he doesn't seem to care. The work ethic to make himself the best he could be appears to be lacking, he switches off too often, makes very odd decisions at time. He also seems like a big fanny to me - whereas most defenders are big hard fuckers, he is always nursing some sore point!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seemingly accepted £300k in the Summer, but it fell through due to how much would be paid initially it seems. And we were last quoted as apparently wanting £800k, but since then our manager has been pretty vocal in saying his price is rising every week. I do think his price will struggle to get much higher than what it is, but if he wins a Scotland cap and maybe even a trophy with us then it might sneak up a bit

I've a lot of time for the hippy c**t. Hopefully St Johnstone will hold out for a decent offer; the lad's worth it.

Just heard from a very reliable source Gunning has been caught betting against United.

If this is true we should terminate his contract immediately.

:lol:

Was he playing in that game? He can probably expect a lengthy ban if he was.

27 January 2014
We have been advised that our home game versus Motherwell, originally scheduled for Saturday, 22 February has been moved to Friday, 21 February (7.45pm) and that our away match versus Hibernian, originally scheduled for Saturday, 1 March has been moved to Friday, 28 February (7.45 pm) due to selection for TV live broadcast.

Friday Night football at Easter Road :thumsup2

Just heard from a very reliable source Gunning has been caught betting against United.

Is this a Mad rumour by any chance?

If true, would there not be UEFA-y repercusions?

I really hope this isn't true. If it is I hope United take legal action against him.

This is not a United mad rumour, this is from a very good source. The story should be public in the next few days.

It seems Gunning has got himself in a bit of bother with a Glasgow firm and this firm has supposedly told him he better sign for Sevco in order to bring his debt down. Gunning supposedly has huge gambling issues.

:lol:

Was he playing in that game? He can probably expect a lengthy ban if he was.

I don't know the ins and out of it all yet, however I'm hearing the club are fully aware, have fined him, however haven't sacked him as they are trying to sell him before the window closes.

ETA: Sacking hasn't been ruled out.

I don't know the ins and out of it all yet, however I'm hearing the club are fully aware, have fined him, however haven't sacked him as they are trying to sell him before the window closes.

ETA: Sacking hasn't been ruled out.

Let's assume for a minute this is true. If they sack him they may play right into his hands. Equally I can imagine they wouldn't want to be continuing to pay a wage if they felt they couldn't play him.

If football clubs do not have a mechanism for clawing back cash from a player who does something like this then their contracts must be rubbish. I don't know what the situation would be in terms of common law, but surely the clubs should be protecting themselves contractually.

Is it just me that thinks fining a player with a gambling and debt problems a little bit insensitive? What if he's got payments to make, but can't reach them and he ends up 'falling down the stairs' because of it?

Heard a couple of rumours, i don't know if either are true. But i've heard from a few people about the alleged gambling debts so nothing would surprise me.

He's a decent player but he doesn't have a fucking brain. I heard he was very lucky to get into Russia for the Dynamo Moscow game after pulling faces at the Russian customs officers etc. A total brain donor by all accounts.

If the betting rumours are true and can be proven so then by any employment contract i've ever had that would be gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

What was the price on tonights match getting postponed?

Apparently there were decent odds on a waterlogged pitch postponement. As such there probably should be some investigation by United into the rumours going around that Gavin Gunning was seen running at approximately 13:30 towards Tannadice armed with a big Lidl bag full of water balloons and a couple of super soakers.

Apparently there were decent odds on a waterlogged pitch postponement. As such there probably should be some investigation by United into the rumours going around that Gavin Gunning was seen running at approximately 13:30 towards Tannadice armed with a big Lidl bag full of water balloons and a couple of super soakers.

That's just a normal Monday afternoon for the daft twat.

Suspicious.

Heard a couple of rumours, i don't know if either are true. But i've heard from a few people about the alleged gambling debts so nothing would surprise me.

He's a decent player but he doesn't have a fucking brain. I heard he was very lucky to get into Russia for the Dynamo Moscow game after pulling faces at the Russian customs officers etc. A total brain donor by all accounts.

If the betting rumours are true and can be proven so then by any employment contract i've ever had that would be gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

But contracts for football players and contracts for most other occupations are not compatible. There must be a fair few football players who would like their clubs to terminate their contracts.

As Gavin Gunning's legal representative I would wish to advise you that this allegation is defamatory and that you should desist from repeating it.

I would also like to add Fleet Rule.

Archived