Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Agree with this. Giving Wilson an 18 month deal isn't a step forward in terms of squad quality and development. How long has GMS's present contract got to run?

I believe he's contracted until May 2015. If he doesn't sign an extension and we want to get anything for him he'll have to go in either this transfer window or in the summer one. But like Johnny Russell's sale this past summer, the buying club will have the big advantages in any deal as they know we can't hold out for a lot of money.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure on the Wilson one. I was delighted when he came in but he has been massivley exposed when playing against any semi-decent wideman with pace, and Watson would be my first pick. Add to that we have Dillon who wont be playing regular, and if in desperate trouble we have Paton or decent youngsters capable.

Big time 'meh' news (especially that it's 18 months), been ripped by guys like Forbes, Chris Johnston and Walker of Hearts, Watson and Dillon are better

Think teams target that side when he starts, leaves us with very little pace on that side given Paton is slow

It will make the FifeSpud season ticket debacle seem like a storm in a teacup.

Don't visit the Dundee threads often but the Spudster seems to have vanished. Pity too because he seemed a right good guy.

I do hope not

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38993-roma-linked-with-double-dundee-raid.php#.UuFcw_pFB0s

"Roma are reportedly lining up a double raid on Dundee United for two of their most promising youngsters Ryan Gauld and John Souttar."

Should demand our rightful place back in the 84 European Cup Final before even thinking about talking to them. Final to be replayed with the squads of that time.

I do hope not

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38993-roma-linked-with-double-dundee-raid.php#.UuFcw_pFB0s

"Roma are reportedly lining up a double raid on Dundee United for two of their most promising youngsters Ryan Gauld and John Souttar."

Never forget Ryan, never forget.

8384romadundee_neladitomedio.jpg

This recent spate of former players returning to us hasn't worked out incredibly well so far, nobody apart from Wilson has had consistent game time, and none of the returning players have played particularly well. Another thing that bugs me is that it smacks of pretty lazy 'scouting' on our behalf. We managed to get Ciftci and Robertson out of the blue during pre season but more recently the targets being talked about have mostly been ex-United players, which isn't exactly very inspiring.

I've never been overly impressed with Kenneth (apart from maybe when he first broke through into the team), but if he does sign then I will reserve any judgement until he plays a few games. I hope we wouldn't be offering him anything more than a six month deal.

This recent spate of former players returning to us hasn't worked out incredibly well so far, nobody apart from Wilson has had consistent game time, and none of the returning players have played particularly well. Another thing that bugs me is that it smacks of pretty lazy 'scouting' on our behalf. We managed to get Ciftci and Robertson out of the blue during pre season but more recently the targets being talked about have mostly been ex-United players, which isn't exactly very inspiring.

I've never been overly impressed with Kenneth (apart from maybe when he first broke through into the team), but if he does sign then I will reserve any judgement until he plays a few games. I hope we wouldn't be offering him anything more than a six month deal.

What's Erik Pedersen doing these days? :rolleyes:

If any United player is ever good enough to sign for those Roma b*****ds, I swear to GOD I will not give a f**k as long as the terms are good for United.

Is it them or Lazio that are the fascists? Who are the nazis?

If any United player is ever good enough to sign for those Roma b*****ds, I swear to GOD I will not give a f**k as long as the terms are good for United.

I agree with this, other than the demented speaking to sky fairies bit obviously. :lol:

Only three things that I would look for for any player we sold on at any point in the future:

1. We get the best possible deal for the club including sell on clauses.

2. If the player is Scottish, the deal allows them to develop and contribute to the national team.

3. Irrespective of 2 above, they don't sign for Celtic or the Rangers.

Archived