Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Dundee United fans should read TalkCeltic. They believe they'll get Souttar, Armstrong and Gauld for £3 million combined. With Robertson for another £500k at most

Fortunately our youngsters seem like a very decent bunch of guys and appear to have ambitions beyond the OF. I would be stunned if they wanted a move to Glasgow and I would be even more stunned if Celtic offered us anything like decent money for any of them.

Also, perhaps Celtic should give their own youth players a chance to see instead of spunking money on their opponents' players. They've got nothing to play for in the league so I don't see what harm it would do them. There might be a couple of guys there that grasp such an opportunity and prove themselves worthy of more game time.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United fans STILL think these players will go for more than a million quid? :lol:

Utterly deluded.

Thompson himself has said these players will not be sold for less than seven figures if they do go. Whether you think they are valued at such a price is another question though.

Martinez is taking about not selling Barkley for even 85million, so I think we should be holding out for at least double that foot Gauld, and somewhere in the region of 30-50 million each for Armstrong, Souttar, Robertson and GMS. Rankin can go for 5 million, Paton for 4 million, Gomis for 3.99 million.

It's not jealousy, it's being realistic. It's quite scary how this all seems to have gone to some United fans heads. It just means the outrage when they don't go for huge amounts of money will hilarious.

Fans of most clubs would do exactly the same thing. We love our football team, we have young guys coming through who have shown unbelievable talent and have performed magnificently well so far, so f**k yeah we are going to get excited, it would be a right pisser if we didn't. Football is all about getting carried away is it not?

A sense of perspective is needed though. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely delighted that United have some excellent young Scottish players, it's brilliant for both the league and the national team. Id rather none of your players went for those very reasons.

However, it's highly likely they'll get snapped up by clubs down south and I genuinely don't think they are prepared to pay over the odds for non-OF players up here. You'll still make a tidy sum but nowhere near the ridiculous figures being bandied about.

Perspective is definitely import and thats why I am pleased it is our chairman doing the negotiations and not some of the fans. We are always guilty over overpricing many of our players because we see other transfers and go 'but if they got 4million for him, we should definitely get 6million for him', but in reality it never works like that. When (and it is when) some of our players do move I hope that the price is right for us as a club (right now we are in a good position to negotiate), and the move needs to be right for them as players. They need to end up at a club that will help develop them further because as you point out one of the best things about these guys is that they are Scottish.

Not in the slightest. I want our league to be exciting and entertaining. I want our national team to have a strong future.

Look at the excitement around our new year fixture, I can't remember the last time both our sets of supporters were so up for this fixture. I fucking love it.

You've already stated you'll be on here hamming it up when United sell these youngsters for less than the millions some expect. I for one believe you.

Of course I will, same as you would be if it was us. Surprised/disappointed you still haven't worked me out tbh. I genuinely want to see great young players at non-OF clubs no matter who they are. I want the national team to benefit and I want the league to be exciting, not just for who is going for second or Third but exciting games. You don't agree the new year game has potential for one of the best games between us?

It's certainly shaping up to be the most exciting contest between us since the semi-final at Tynecastle in 2008. Especially if both teams win the next two fictures going into this one.

Not in the slightest. I want our league to be exciting and entertaining. I want our national team to have a strong future.

Look at the excitement around our new year fixture, I can't remember the last time both our sets of supporters were so up for this fixture. I fucking love it.

I was supposed to be getting married on New Years day but had to postpone it due to a problem with our venue. Almost ejaculated when I realised I'd be able to make the Aberdeen game.

My fiance is now suggesting we 'go away for New Year'. I'm going to set fire to my passport then bury it.

When Jamie Langfield had missiles chips thrown at him? Disgraceful scenes

Yeah that one, tremendous noise inside Tynecastle for that one, turned into a no contest in the end, but would love a repeat of that kind of atmosphere.

I was supposed to be getting married on New Years day but had to postpone it due to a problem with our venue. Almost ejaculated when I realised I'd be able to make the Aberdeen game.

My fiance is now suggesting we 'go away for New Year'. I'm going to set fire to my passport then bury it.

This kind of reaction when you heard the news about the venue? (A bit more hidden in front of the fiancé of course)

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Yeah that one, tremendous noise inside Tynecastle for that one, turned into a no contest in the end, but would love a repeat of that kind of atmosphere.

StandFree was one of those impertinent yobs who launched snowballs at poor Nicky Weaver.

Scum. Sub-human scum.

You can replace a burned and buried passport. Just saying likes.

Of course I will, same as you would be if it was us. Surprised/disappointed you still haven't worked me out tbh. I genuinely want to see great young players at non-OF clubs no matter who they are. I want the national team to benefit and I want the league to be exciting, not just for who is going for second or Third but exciting games. You don't agree the new year game has potential for one of the best games between us?

The Atmosphere for one should be cracking. Good to see Arabs get excited about a game against Aberdeen. I'd still love us to take slightly larger numbers to Pittodrie though. However many Arabs just don't view a game against you lot as any sort of derby.

Archived