Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Showing your lack of knowledge here. It's a well established P&B fact that no Arabs reside west of Dobbies.

I suppose you could could go east to get to my hoose in Casper. via Russia, China and over the Pacific. Some might say that that is easier than getting to New Bayview!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showing your lack of knowledge here. It's a well established P&B fact that no Arabs reside west of Dobbies.

I had been holding out but I moved East of Dobbies last month.

Life imitating art Biggie.

If Utd continue to play the football they've been playing lately, then whether we win anything or not won't mater to most fans at the end of the season. We've already seen some of the best stuff played at Tannadice for years so another 5 months of that would do me. A cup win would be fantastic, European qualification would be great, but the reality is we could go out of the cup in the next round and finish 4th or 5th, such is the way the league is shaping up. Unfortunately you still only get as many points for 4-0 as 1-0!

If we didn't qualify for Europe with this squad, Jackie may as well kill himself!

Ok, so I know nothing about Dundee (only went there once, visited Broughtyferry Castle when I was like 8 years old). What is Dobbies and what is its significance?

Ok, so I know nothing about Dundee (only went there once, visited Broughtyferry Castle when I was like 8 years old). What is Dobbies and what is its significance?

Dobbies garden centre is on the Eastern extremity of Dundee.

Not living in the city myself and being a newbie on P&B, I am guessing there's some myth that people living in the city support Dundee and Utd fans all live outside.

Dobbies garden centre is on the Eastern extremity of Dundee.

Not living in the city myself and being a newbie on P&B, I am guessing there's some myth that people living in the city support Dundee and Utd fans all live outside.

Yeah, various P&B Dees claim all the support comes from Angus. And I think it was Biggie (Bigmouth Strikes Again) who coined the phrase "East of Dobbies". Ironically he lives in Carnoustie. :lol:

Yeah, various P&B Dees claim all the support comes from Angus. And I think it was Biggie (Bigmouth Strikes Again) who coined the phrase "East of Dobbies". Ironically he lives in Carnoustie. :lol:

Seems a common complex that the wee teams' fans get, they like to lay claim to their city. Like Man City, Everton etc.

Seems a common complex that the wee teams' fans get, they like to lay claim to their city. Like Man City, Everton etc.

What irks Dundee fans is they were once the city's big team. Haven't been for years and no prospect of it happening again in the foreseeable future. Though I've seem some deluded posts in other threads where they think footballing dominance is just around the corner.

The power of wishful thinking.

Archived