Dundee United 2013/14 Season

Aberdeen can beat us three teams this season. I would not give a toss as long as we finish ahead of you.

Lol at saying £1m at most for Gauld. We got over £2m for Goodwillie who was four years older, shorter time left on his contract and when we were in a poorer financial state.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I heard aswel,26k holy shit shows the difference in spl and championship,that's someone who can't even make bench

To be fair, he signed when they were playing premiership football hence the massive wage

What? Hes on 26k a week at Blackburn of which we are paying between 5/6000

My mate was saying that most signings by Rovers at that time were on around 30k and Goodwillie was around that figure. Rovers will be looking to offload him because those wages are unsustainable for them in the championship.

I hope Utd keep this team for a while and achieve something with it rather than make some dough.

Celtic are by no means strong and the other mob will be lucky to see the SPL for a while the way they spend. Even if they do I don't expect them to be good for a while.

There is definite signs that Celtic is getting weaker over the past few years. Personally I think a few lucky results this season has kept them further ahead in the league than they should be. If United can keep the same players together, then they could be a real threat in a couple of seasons time. However, I think the money men will probably break them up :angry:

Gauld's got more potential than Goodwillie and Russell had, he's younger and now tied down to a long contract. He's tipped for the very top level - not just a very good Championship/lower Premier League player. I think he'll go for anything £3.5m and above (plus add-ons such as sell on percentage). Wouldn't be surprised if it was around £5-6m when he leaves...

That's just my opinion though.

About half that.

Its incredible irony that on the last page of this thread people were claiming Scott Allan showed brilliant potential but was a "flash in the pan" type player who hadn't actually proven himself, yet they also claim Gauld is worthy of a bid worth well over £1m

Just checked, and hes played 39 games in his entire career, hes only started 25 of them, and has completed the full ninety minutes seven times

EDIT: In the league hes played 26 games, started 16 of them and completed the full ninety minutes four times

He's played 30 games. Not bad for someone who has just turned 18 and was out for three months with Glandular Fever last year...

Nowhere near worthy of over £1m though, hes barely played in the SPL and has only come to prominence in the last few months, theres no danger an English club will actually be willing to fork out a massive fee considering the career hes actually had

All that based on 25 league appearances?

Hysteria.

He's just turned 18 and has been tearing teams (mine included) apart. People pay big for potential and he's got bags of it. I could be wrong but personally I've not seen someone as promising as Gauld for so long in this league. He's very, very good.

So he's managed 7 full games in his pro career? Does he have an injury he's keeping very quiet? He's played a blinder if he does and he's signed these two extensions for good money.

Yeah, seven. And only four of them have been in the top flight

He's just turned 18 and has been tearing teams (mine included) apart. People pay big for potential and he's got bags of it. I could be wrong but personally I've not seen someone as promising as Gauld for so long in this league. He's very, very good.

It might sound unbelievable but Keigan Parker once scored five goals before November, signed a four year contract, got touted for Scotland call up and was rumoured to be getting tracked by EPL sides...

St Johnstone striker Keigan Parker has signed a new deal which will keep him at McDiarmid Park until 2004.

The 18-year-old has scored five goals this year, including the opener in the 2-1 win over Rangers from the penalty spot, and has earned rave reviews.

However, Parker sees no imminent reason to leave the Perth club and said: "My career has been progressing well here so why move?

"If a bigger club does come in for me and Saints get an offer they're happy with, things might change. But I'm in no rush.

"I can't believe how good a start I've had to the season and this new deal is a boost to my confidence.

"I want to keep learning my trade here. I can't imagine moving away unless it means a dream move to the Premiership."

Just a few days ago, Saints skipper Jim Weir was predicting a bright future for the youngster and he reckoned a big money move for Parker would happen sooner rather than later.

And look what happened to him

Yeah, I watched him play my team and he was completely ineffective and we won. Ciftci was a better player on the day.

When was the other time? Because I only remember him playing against Aberdeen twice and the first time you lost 1-0 and were sent packing into the bottom six - again. :)

"Survival"? We have £3m in debt, or so, and have lots of assets. Remind me how much Aberdeen are in debt again?

And look what happened to Goodwillie. Nobody will be rushing to make that mistake again. Johnny Russell is a better player than Goodwillie IMO and you got 600k.

I think some United fans need a bit of a reality check. English clubs will just not pay that kind of cash for a non OF player. Around a million, possibly 1.5 for Gauld.

Dinnae greet btw, it's just my opinion.

Firstly, as above he wont go for around a million as Utd will tell them to GTF with that offer and there will be plenty of competition for him.

Secondly, you can't make a fair comparison with Russell as his contract was running down and he made it clear he wouldn't be extending (and it was £750k).

Thirdly, there is plenty of precedent for big money moves from non-OF clubs. Even before Goodwillie look at the price Brown, Fletcher and Thomson went for.

Archived