Dundee United 2013/14 Season

GMS live in Edinburgh or did I just see his stunt double?

Definitely his stunt double, or;

Maybe the real thing having a day out in Edinburgh, or;

Could be mistaken identity, or;

You're havering a lot of pish.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, can anyone help?

I've been moved to a new base at work, one of my service users is a United supporter, however he can only access Dens Park with his entitlement card.(Discounted obviously.) A colleague mentioned he had been in touch with the club and they said they were looking to change their policies. Yet it seems there has been no follow up. Does anyone know who I would contact to discuss this matter?

Out of curiosity, can anyone help?

I've been moved to a new base at work, one of my service users is a United supporter, however he can only access Dens Park with his entitlement card.(Discounted obviously.) A colleague mentioned he had been in touch with the club and they said they were looking to change their policies. Yet it seems there has been no follow up. Does anyone know who I would contact to discuss this matter?

Spence Anderson would be my guess. Although I've not really much of a clue what you're actually on about.

Spence Anderson would be my guess. Although I've not really much of a clue what you're actually on about.

I didn't understand the question either, but at least I had the decency not to try to give an answer.

I’m basically needing to speak with someone about getting a discount for someone with a Dundee Council entitlement card. It’s for the elderly and/or vulnerable adults, Dens Park offers a discount to the holders of these cards however United doesn't. Who would I contact about trying to get this changed?

I’m basically needing to speak with someone about getting a discount for someone with a Dundee Council entitlement card. It’s for the elderly and/or vulnerable adults, Dens Park offers a discount to the holders of these cards however United doesn't. Who would I contact about trying to get this changed?

I'd just contact the club at first via phone or email and ask them to point you in the right direction. Spence Anderson is club secretary IIRC, that's why I mentioned him. My old man had various dealings with him and was very approachable.

I'd just contact the club at first via phone or email and ask them to point you in the right direction. Spence Anderson is club secretary IIRC, that's why I mentioned him. My old man had various dealings with him and was very approachable.

Thanks mate.

I didn't understand the question either, but at least I had the decency not to try to give an answer.

Yeah, could not make head nor tail of the post either, but seemed sincere enough to disqualify any friendly pish-ripping.

You would hope that with all the warm and fuzzy feelings going on at the club we would sort something out quickly like that, this is the time to try and keep fans happy, we have the potential of encouraging some extra fans along to tannadice right now and we should be doing all we can to ensure that happens.

Thanks mate.

keep us updated please, I was raging at the hertz game as the stewards ,at the GF, were telling us the stand was nearly full and the JK was open for cash,I quickly pointed out that that was all very well but there was no concession gates which was no use to me and my FTS card :(

would be pretty good if they decided to open more concession gates as per the cup game v killie

(got my early xmas present,half season ticket on wednesday :D )

Already posted this in the match thread, but Jim Spence implying GMS is going to sign an extension next week.

Yeah I heard yesterday he was on the radio saying it was all but done.

Hopefully he signs a FOUR-year deal.

Yip, excellent news if GMS extends.

He also said Gunning is not prepared to extend (common knowledge I know) but think he also said Rankin wasn't prepared to extend either. This was said during open all mics and there was a fair bit of squawking going on in the background so hoping I picked this up incorrectly. Did anyone else hear this?

Would be a real shame if Rankin didn't extend.

He also said Gunning is not prepared to extend (common knowledge I know) but think he also said Rankin wasn't prepared to extend either. This was said during open all mics and there was a fair bit of squawking going on in the background so hoping I picked this up incorrectly. Did anyone else hear this?

Would be a real shame if Rankin didn't extend.

Indeed. I'd be really surprised and very disappointed if Rankin didn't want to extend his contract with us further. He's been immense for us this season.

If you need a nickname for Gauld then I suggest The Gaulden Wonder. I've been thinking this for a while and had to put it somewhere.

Bookmark this btw because I'm not having anyone else take credit for the nickname. When the Tartan Army are talking about The Gaulden Wonder's appearance at France 2016 I want everyone to know that I came up with the name.

So there you go and good luck this season United.

I think Rankin is a shoe in to stay at United to be honest. He's an important part of a very good team. Where would he go if he were to leave that could offer him more money/better players than united? Unless rangers came in for him, I suppose.

I think Rankin is a shoe in to stay at United to be honest. He's an important part of a very good team. Where would he go if he were to leave that could offer him more money/better players than united? Unless rangers came in for him, I suppose.

That's what I'm worried about tbh. He's turned 30 so he's definitely a player in the age region that McCoist looks for in order to build for the future. There's no other team in Scotland other than them who would offer him more than us surely. Obviously Aberdeen and Hibs could offer more but I can't see Aberdeen going for him with their midfield and we can rule out him returning to Hibs after how his last spell there ended.

The way he celebrates our goals certainly doesn't give the impression of someone who isn't enjoying themselves so I'm hoping that if low-life heard Spence correctly on the radio tonight then it was just an instance of Jim Spence talking a load of nonsense. Except when he was talking about Mackay-Steven potentially renewing his contract of course. :P

This may seem a big leap in logic* but I think Rankin sees his post-playing future in football. Whether it is. Coaching, managing, being an agent or in the players' "Union". Given this, staying with United for another couple of seasons won't do him any harm; being a bit player at Sevco might.

* ETA Partick Thistle fans should lookup the word prior. To making any responses.

Archived