Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news. Although I can't help but fear something bad has to happen to us now. We're got it too good at the moment :P

Also agree with the shouts for Rankin's contract as the next priority, been great this season.

Exactly, you can tell a sucker punch is just around the corner

Agree about Rankin, i'm sure he'd sign in a heartbeat, has played the best football of his career at Utd, has been appreciated fully by the staff and fans

Good to see Dundee Unt tying down some of their young players on longer term deals. I'd really like to see how well they would do in the Europa league next year. If they can keep their current team together they could be capable of emulating the Hibs league cup winning team of a few years ago.

Don't see why not. In my opinion you have a better team than others that have won the league cup in recent years and on your day I think you are capable of beating anyone in Scottish football. (Celtic included). I expect it to be a fight between you and Aberdeen for second this season, with maybe Inverness in the mix as well depending what happens with their management.

I find myself getting rather excited at United signing these youngsters up on longer deals. This is clearly a special team they have and when they inevitably do leave, i'd like to think Dundee United will receive proper transfer fees instead of the raping they and other SPFL teams usually get.

Good to see Dundee Unt tying down some of their young players on longer term deals. I'd really like to see how well they would do in the Europa league next year. If they can keep their current team together they could be capable of emulating the Hibs league cup winning team of a few years ago.

I doubt this team can reach the heights of Andrew McNeil, Chris Hogg, Lewis Stevenson, Ivan Sproule and Abdessalam Benjelloun tbqh.

Whats the word on cifti is up tomorrow

Don't know yet but the word is that Gavin Harris(the linesman involved) who's neighbours with a work colleague and stays not far from my folks, was initially scheduled to be on the line at the Real Madrid game tonight but has had to pull out. After initially being told he was a Dee, I've now been told he was an Arab!

Stephen Thompson speaks about our talent and potential sales. Given the current 'warm and fuzzy' feeling around Tannadice just now I don't know if this is the best time to be saying anything about this. I don't disagree with what he says, he is indeed trying to balance our books and has done an exceptional job so far in trying to do that, but silence is sometimes a good thing.

Stephen Thompson speaks about our talent and potential sales. Given the current 'warm and fuzzy' feeling around Tannadice just now I don't know if this is the best time to be saying anything about this. I don't disagree with what he says, he is indeed trying to balance our books and has done an exceptional job so far in trying to do that, but silence is sometimes a good thing.

The quotes are taken from an extended interview with Jim Spence. He obviously has no control over how the BBC decide to spin it and, if you listen to it in context, he doesn't really say anything at all of any significance.

The quotes are taken from an extended interview with Jim Spence. He obviously has no control over how the BBC decide to spin it and, if you listen to it in context, he doesn't really say anything at all of any significance.

Didn't realise that, not surprising that the BBC are looking for a story from nothing if that is the case. Is that on today's Sportsound podcast? Usually listen to them a day late on the way to work so will get a chance to listen to it in the morning.

Didn't realise that, not surprising that the BBC are looking for a story from nothing if that is the case. Is that on today's Sportsound podcast? Usually listen to them a day late on the way to work so will get a chance to listen to it in the morning.

It was on tonight's Sportsound, so presumably on the podcast.

Fittingly for this long drawn out case it turns out Ciftci's hearing won't until 5pm today as the SFA agreed to push it back in order to allow McNamara to take training for tomorrow so we have still have a bit to wait until we'll find out if he's going to get punished.

Fittingly for this long drawn out case it turns out Ciftci's hearing won't until 5pm today as the SFA agreed to push it back in order to allow McNamara to take training for tomorrow so we have still have a bit to wait until we'll find out if he's going to get punished.

Maybe it's one of those things that will finally go ahead after it's unforgettable.

Archived