Dundee United 2013/14 Season

The more I think about the names being dropped this week and the more I sign on facebook and see buy a United season ticket, in the last week of the early bird deal...

We are being conned into buying season ticket's, well played Thompson :lol:8)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about the names being dropped this week and the more I sign on facebook and see buy a United season ticket, in the last week of the early bird deal...

We are being conned into buying season ticket's, well played Thompson :lol:8)

If it turns out that this potential transfer talk has all been BS to get us to buy our season tickets early and we don't end up with McManus, Berra and Goodwillie by the end of the early bird sale period then frankly, I will be livid and will be taking the following actions.

First, I will: Buy, drag, kindly invite over a Thai bride and get her to buy a season ticket.

Second: I will then write a very strongly worded letter which shall start thusly, "Dear Thompson Jnr, ye tightfisted, slapheid b*****d" and will explain that I'm pure bloody raging about the conduct of the club and that I'll no be back ever again until Jim McLean is chairman once more. To prove it, I will include my season ticket with this letter.

Third: I will use the wife's season ticket to continue going to matches. I'll also be jumping on any opportunity to go to hospitality like a homeless man on a packet of Monster Munch that still has a few crumbs left at the bottom, secure in the knowledge that I've made a stand and put Thompson in his place.*

* This method was derived from the book, A Dummies Guide to Protesting by Fifespud.

You would certainly think so, although I'd have said the same for Boyd, Thomson, McFadden and Danny Wilson so who knows.

Boyd is shite. Thomson and Mcfadden needed a few month in the shop window after bad injuries.

Wilson is still a young lad who would've benefitted from first team action but Berra an experienced CB in his prime coming back to Scotland for anybody other than Celtic would amaze me.

Here's a question for you lads. Who would you prefer to have next season, Badwullie or Russell?

Boyd is shite. Thomson and Mcfadden needed a few month in the shop window after bad injuries.

Wilson is still a young lad who would've benefitted from first team action but Berra an experienced CB in his prime coming back to Scotland for anybody other than Celtic would amaze me.

Here's a question for you lads. Who would you prefer to have next season, Badwullie or Russell?

TeckleTadger!

See I think Russell's a better player. U boys did well to get the money u did for that cretin.

Aye Russell is maybe a better all-round player, however I think Goodie will be better in JMc's system, that is what swung it for me.

Aye Russell is maybe a better all-round player, however I think Goodie will be better in JMc's system, that is what swung it for me.

What signings have you guys made so far? I also think Russell would be better with Graham too.

What signings have you guys made so far? I also think Russell would be better with Graham too.

Graham, Erskine, Paton, Robertson and Connolly. Graham is a complete unknowing to me, all I know is he had a dece season with Raith, never seen him play. I was hoping he was for depth to be honest.

Graham, Erskine, Paton, Robertson and Connolly. Graham is a complete unknowing to me, all I know is he had a dece season with Raith, never seen him play. I was hoping he was for depth to be honest.

Are you trying to get relegated?

Are you trying to get relegated?

Come on Matthew, you know fine and dandy that if the Peeeel was in charge, the SPL would be running scared ;)

Both please.

Difficult to compare the two. Goodie's an instinctive player, Russell plays more with his head.

Surprised things haven't worked out for Goodwillie in England. Wrong club perhaps, and he possibly should have spent time in the Championship first rather than going directly to the Premier League.

Russell's temperament will probably see him make a better fist of things.

Both please.

Difficult to compare the two. Goodie's an instinctive player, Russell plays more with his head.

Surprised things haven't worked out for Goodwillie in England. Wrong club perhaps, and he possibly should have spent time in the Championship first rather than going directly to the Premier League.

Obviously the boy is talented but his head is up his arse and he's thick as pig-shit, IMO you're right in saying Russells temperament will take him further.

I'd like to see Russell get a move to the EPL along with Griffiths instead of them stagnating if they stay up here.

Both please.

Can't disagree with this. Going straight to the premier league wasn't ultimately the best move for him, especially as Blackburn were fighting against relegation throughout the whole season, so they couldn't afford to give him much experience and game time, outside of some cup games. It probably didn't help having the complete mess of Blackburn's behind the scenes troubles with the fans and owners going on either.

I don't know what went wrong when he was at Crystal Palace on loan this year. I saw a couple of people were saying around the time his loan was cancelled that his attitude was stinking or that he was unfit and they had no use for him. If we do get Goodwillie on loan then I hope he'll have given himself a shake and do his absolute best to put himself back in the shop window in a years time when his contracts up.

From the BBC's footie gossip today :-

The agent of Dundee United striker Johnny Russell says Celtic could still scupper Derby's move for the striker. The Championship side have had a £700,000 bid accepted for the 23-year-old but he has not yet signed a contract.

Viola still desperate to squeeze another £1 out of Russell - if he hadn't been such a pr*ck and seen the sense of Russell signing a contract extension at Utd both parties (Russell and Utd) would have got a better deal in the long run. Couldn't give a toss if Viola would get more or not. Pretty sure Celtic no-where in this, haven't heard of them seriously considering a bid through this whole saga.

Maybe Celtic away to swoop in with a cool £1M

Archived