Dundee United 2013/14 Season

If we get 750k cash + add ons for Russell hes away. Goodwillie would be a more than adequate replacement and cant see why he wouldnt fancy it - all depends if Blackburn want anything in the way of a significant contribution towards his wages (which nobody outside Celtic in the SPL could pay).

FWIW he never actually appeared in court - the CPS kicked it whilst he was on police bail. Think he could probably take the stick considering he was playing for United when it was still outstanding.

If we got him and McManus, with Russell away, I would be happy enough with the squad going into next season.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What crime?

:lol:

^^^^ Rejects a central tenet of modern civilised democracies.

I was thinking the same today, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more opportunities next season. I don't remember him putting in many poor performances last season and he always looked lively and created chances when he came off the bench and the rest of the team looked bereft of ideas. He just needs to have more composure in front of goal and chip in more on the scoring front.

I'm all for Gardyne getting more opportunities if he demonstrates that he deserves them. Clearly he's got some talent but he produced very little when given the chance last season. He strikes me as a guy used to be being the best player in the team, expecting to be indulged by his colleagues. Too many selfish decisions, too many chances wasted by silly speculative shots. If he screws the nut and tries to play with his teammates and for his teammates then he could still do a decent job.

McNamara clearly prefers a 4-2-3-1 which suits the balance of the squad he's building (GMS, Armstrong, Gauld, Erskine, Gardyne and Connolly all competing for the three positions behind the striker) and should suit Gardyne if he can push himself forward.

Surely that monster isn't going to be allowed back in Scotland, hope that girl goes for it.

At least Biggie had the good grace to actually f**k off when he said he would. Fizzy pop league forum for you boy.

The crime that the victim passed a lie detector test and was subsequently paid £11,000 in compensation for. That crime.

Come now, let's not de-rail this thread any further with a discussion on the merits of tabloids using "lie detectors" to try a man in the court of public opinion and just accept the fact that legally, and as a matter of principle, the man is innocent.

£750 is poor business for derby. you camn buy a whole club lock stock and barrel for that these days * with change left over.

*please note whole club lock stock and barrel does not include stadium. stadium sold seperately

yeah £750 for Russell?? what a steal :P

that would be about right for buying a 1st division club tho ;)

Our squad looks really poor at the moment and I think we will be in a relegation battle next season. If we lose our only world class striker in Russell I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Graham will get you goals.

Dundee United saying a fee has been agreed with Derby for Russell.

And a deal with Goodwillie returning on loan seems alive. I'm happy with that. Hope Russell can follow Conway & Hunt and help his team into the EPL.

Archived