Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have Garry Kenneth back no problem. He played in a defence far better than the one we had last season.

Pished at 10.33 in the morning type post.

Kenneth was a bomb scare who had one good season when he was playing alongside Webster.

Fortunately I can't see McNamara wanting him back.

Goodwillie on loan would be fucking tremendous. Still seems unlikely, though. Surely Blackburn would be looking for United to meet some of his wages? Could we pay much more than 10 per cent of a reputed 20k per week salary? And he's in the final year of his contract, I believe. I'd doubt if even the Venkys would agree to such a deal.

Garry Kenneth. I asked a question about whether he stays in touch with Goodwillie as he's down south to which he responded 'Nah, not really. He likes telling people he's on £25k a week too much to have a laugh with now'

McInnes seems to want to create a United team of five years ago up in Aberdeen. Robson & Kenneth will go there. Mark Kerr will be back as well.

Yes and I'm still pished, Monday club up and coming. Kenneth is better than McLean every day of the week. The odd howler agreed. McLean has howlers weekly.

Got to agree with this. Gary was "agricultural" in terms of his football but he generally knew what he was doing and got the job done. Simple and effective. I'm just not a fan of McLean. Lack of confidence, coordination in our back 4 and can't help but feel he contributed to this.

What we doing about a left back? Dillon going to be playing there next season?

Got to agree with this. Gary was "agricultural" in terms of his football but he generally knew what he was doing and got the job done. Simple and effective. I'm just not a fan of McLean. Lack of confidence, coordination in our back 4 and can't help but feel he contributed to this. What we doing about a left back? Dillon going to be playing there next season?

We've just unveiled Andrew Robertson and Aiden Connelly at Tannadice and McNamara has said he expects them to make an immediate impact. Unless we sign another left back it could be likely that Robertson will be playing at left back now.

I've said on here before that Kenneth is decent as long as he has someone smart and solid alongside him. If he were to come back, he would need a Webster type too, of which we currently have none. Rather than get Kenneth and a leader, we'd be far better just getting the leader and playing him alongside Souttar.

Would love Goodwillie back, but very much doubt we can afford him.

I've said on here before that Kenneth is decent as long as he has someone smart and solid alongside him. If he were to come back, he would need a Webster type too, of which we currently have none. Rather than get Kenneth and a leader, we'd be far better just getting the leader and playing him alongside Souttar.

Would love Goodwillie back, but very much doubt we can afford him.

This.

Really hoping we bring in someone with a strong personality who isn't afraid to get in people's faces and can bring some shape to the defence.

Harkins confirmed on twitter that yous couldn't afford him.

did he not regularly confirm he was happy at dundee and wanted to stay?

anyway bathered.we will field a team of 17 year olds next year unencumbered by fear. prob have league won by february.

Our squad looks really poor at the moment and I think we will be in a relegation battle next season. If we lose our only world class striker in Russell I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Goodwillie would be a massive boost - better suited for playing on his own through the middle than Russell if J Mac chooses to persist with his 4-3-3.

Stephen McManus is the other name that keeps cropping up - might get slaughtered for it but IMO hes exactly the type of CH we need. We are still looking a bit short at LB/RB unless Gunning is going on the left when he returns. Sure Paton can play RB too.

Archived