Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed in Flood in choosing to go to our biggest rivals in the SPL over staying with the only club he has done well at, a big fu to the club and fans imo, but a good signing for the sheep, our best player last season and was very good the second half of the season before that

Hopefully the club pulls off the Goodwillie deal to bring him home, would give the whole club and support a much needed morale boost and instant benefit of extra ST and shirt sales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z13INp0dus

Disappointed in Flood in choosing to go to our biggest rivals in the SPL over staying with the only club he has done well at, a big fu to the club and fans imo, but a good signing for the sheep, our best player last season and was very good the second half of the season before that

It's not any sort of f**k you. The guy's a professional and is perfectly entitled to go where he'll get more money. I'm sure if we'd offered him a deal commensurate with what he's going to get at Aberdeen then he'd have been happy enough to stay but we didn't. The deal we offered was, by all accounts, a substantial paycut. You can't blame a man for turning down a paycut.

Aberdeen are a bigger club, offering more money. The fact that they're also currently shite doesn't mean that they're not above us on the food chain.

Have to agree with my Vandals lyric-posting friend Pull My Strings on Flood choosing Aberdeen. It's not a "f**k you" to the club or the fans. Suggestions to the contrary are utterly moronic. He was offered a pay cut, he's perfectly entitled to move on.

From a football fan's point of view I can see why Flood leaving does leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth. I did think 'hang on a minute, did we not give your career a leg up a couple of times when nobody else was giving you a chance?', and to see him move to Aberdeen isn't great, but from a personal professional point of view he has made the decision that's best for him and you can't blame him. I love my job and love the school I teach in but if someone told me that my salary was being cut but that another school was willing to give me a big payday to move to them I would be out the door in a shot, and that's in a career that will hopefully last 35 years not a footballers (Flood has maybe 5-6 years left?). It isn't anything about loyalty it's about looking after yourself.

I won't be booing him or anything, always think that is just a little bit sad when fans do that.

United have managed to save probably a couple of grand a week because of this, and that is the important bit, its the way it has to be.

It's not any sort of f**k you. The guy's a professional and is perfectly entitled to go where he'll get more money. I'm sure if we'd offered him a deal commensurate with what he's going to get at Aberdeen then he'd have been happy enough to stay but we didn't. The deal we offered was, by all accounts, a substantial paycut. You can't blame a man for turning down a paycut.

Aberdeen are a bigger club, offering more money. The fact that they're also currently shite doesn't mean that they're not above us on the food chain.

Bang on the money PMS. Some Arabs need a reality check.

I for one won't be booing Willo.

He's been a great servant to the club over his various spells and no-one can doubt his effort for United. Last season he was one of our top performers but, as a top earner he was always likely to go. All the best wee man.

Garry kenneth was in planet bar last night seemed a decent guy says he is out of contract at bristol rovers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'd be most happy to see Garry back at Tannadice. I suspect I'm in a minority.

I'd be most happy to see Garry back at Tannadice. I suspect I'm in a minority.

I reckon the voices in your head would agree with you.

Then again maybe not.

I'm going to put you down as a 'yes'. Now we just need another 3,000 like-minded individuals and we can start a petition.

You're never lonely with schizophrenia. :)

I'm going to put you down as a 'yes'. Now we just need another 3,000 like-minded individuals and we can start a petition.

If we actually did that we'd make those Dundee fans who wanted to take the Texan money no questions asked and planned to protest about their club not accepting the offer, look like well adjusted and sensible individuals.

Seriously though. As bad as things were last season defensively, I never found myself thinking "I wish we still had Garry Kenneth around." Even having Kenneth as back up would have meant John Souttar probably wouldn't have got his chance and earned his place at the back when the injury suspension crisis hit. I really wouldn't take Kenneth back tbh.

Can't see us getting Goodwillie on loan either frankly. Blackburn will surely expect the club to pick up some of the wages and that would likely rule us out (and likely Hearts as well seeing as he's been linked with them too) meaning he'll go to Aberdeen in all probability.

Archived