Dundee United 2013/14 Season

just wait till you hear this one, a rumour going about that Gary Harkins is gonna sign for us :o

(it was on f/b so must be true) :P

No thanks, would only hold back Gauld. Would take Easton by far their best player, furthermore Douglas looks set to go to Lech Poznan so could work out well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read on facebook that Brian Graham has signed for Utd???

Hugely surprising - he looked pretty good against us in the 3-2 game at Firhill but I don't see him as anything other than a good 1st division level player.

Chose United ahead of a number of clubs, including Thistle, apparently. So that's at least two SPL managers who seem to rate him.

Can't be any worse than Rory fucking Boulding anyway.

Been on holiday so just kinda catching up on a lot of things. I`d heard Steven(Stephen?) McManus linked when I was away. Would certainly provide the experience for Souttar to work alongside. What about Souttar as a holding midfield player as well?

Been on holiday so just kinda catching up on a lot of things. I`d heard Steven(Stephen?) McManus linked when I was away. Would certainly provide the experience for Souttar to work alongside. What about Souttar as a holding midfield player as well?

He certainly seems to have the ball control for the position but pace and awareness? Definitely needs more game time for the latter and not sure about the former.

Stephen McManus as in the ex-Celtic captain? Surely we wouldn't be able to afford his wages. If we were to get him though it would give us extra options at centre-back that isn't Brian McLean.

I heard Scott Robertson was coming back due to Flood and Ryan going.

Aye right then :lol: Do you honestly think he will come back to you lot. He is at a much bigger club who are in Europe and will be on a lot more money that he would get at United.

Aye right then :lol: Do you honestly think he will come back to you lot. He is at a much bigger club who are in Europe and will be on a lot more money that he would get at United.

Perennial bottom six diddies Hibernian are welcome to such mediocrity. His performance in the semi final was fucking hilarious, definitely justified this supposed big wage he's on.

Brian Graham?! :lol: Was John Baird not better than him in the First?

Well, they played together in the Raith team in 11/12: Baird had much more game time than Graham due to the latter's hernia op, but by the end Graham was only one behind Baird. In terms of goal scoring you'd take Graham every day over Baird, who's finishing was always suspect, and was usually of the 'hit it as hard as you can' variety. Biard, I've always thought, would be much better playing in behind a striker as an attacking midfielder, he has the pace and engine to do it, and his link up play is good.

I think he's deifnitely big enough and ugly enough to do the job in the SPL, isn't a speed merchant by any stretch of the imagination but he isnt slow either.

Daly would've signed an extension at Tannadice had he been offered two years, he only got offered one. No brainer for him to take Rangers offer. Thompson citing that he's too old for a two year deal. Dillon 6 months younger got two.

Daly would've signed an extension at Tannadice had he been offered two years, he only got offered one. No brainer for him to take Rangers offer. Thompson citing that he's too old for a two year deal. Dillon 6 months younger got two.

I heard United were worried about his knee, hence the one year deal. With the wages they're paying, I reckon Daly would have been Sevco bound anyway.

I heard United were worried about his knee, hence the one year deal. With the wages they're paying, I reckon Daly would have been Sevco bound anyway.

He hasn't looked proper fit for 80% of the season, definitely carrying some long-term niggle. A good call by United I reckon..

From Spence:

"Three clubs from the top half of the Championship are believed to be interested in taking Dundee United striker Johnny Russell to England.

United chairman Stephen Thompson met representatives of a leading Championship club last week. A bid of around £700,000 has been mooted and United expect the club concerned to return with a definite offer in the weeks ahead.

Russell has a year left on his current contract at Tannadice."

Birmingham, Derby and Forest, according to my sources (the voices inside my head).

Archived