The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

I agree Marsh and McColm should be kept on. I wouldn't object to keeping McGachie on next year, thought he's done well at times and even yesterday won a lot in the air when he came on.

I wonder if Ryan MacBeth will actually stay on, or leave by mutual consent. I like him as a player, and think he has more composure than most others, but he's had little opportunity this season and has been dropped after any good performance.

With Scullion I think it depends on how fit he can stay if he's not playing. As it's likely he won't feature as much next season I'd worry he may lose what little fitness he has found.

And, there's no way Gray should play ahead of MacDonald at left back. Though I must admit I don't like Iain Gray at all, have no idea what position he's supposed to play in, and wouldn't be sad to see the back of him.

Probably at right back as I'm pretty certain Brown's off.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For plenty of ££££££ I hope

Me too. Hopefully to be reinvested on a prolific goal scorer. Once again we have finished league's lowest scorers due to the defensive type football played.

Where's Brown off to? I thought he was one of the players that signed a 2 year deal last season, can't see anyone buying him going by his injuries over the past few seasons surely?

Only really disappointed that Fitzpatrick's away, I thought he would have been a good player for us next season after a full pre season but I wish him, Hay and Sloss well on whatever they do next season. Hay was great for us I thought, but we desperately need someone in that team to dish out orders and be more commanding on the pitch.

McDonald's probably one of our best players in the squad that's signed up for next season. Very comfortable on the ball and his set pieces have been great. Really good addition to the squad.

Where's Brown off to? I thought he was one of the players that signed a 2 year deal last season, can't see anyone buying him going by his injuries over the past few seasons surely?Only really disappointed that Fitzpatrick's away, I thought he would have been a good player for us next season after a full pre season but I wish him, Hay and Sloss well on whatever they do next season. Hay was great for us I thought, but we desperately need someone in that team to dish out orders and be more commanding on the pitch.McDonald's probably one of our best players in the squad that's signed up for next season. Very comfortable on the ball and his set pieces have been great. Really good addition to the squad.

He did sign a two year deal as one of the highest earners at the club. IMO he will now be sold to enable a return on that investment.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear that he has recovered from latest injury but has been wrapped in cotton wool for the last few weeks for fear of scuppering any proposed transfer.

Gavin Brown is one of the sponsored players so don't think getting him off the wage bill would be something we are worrying about. Our budget is more than 50% lower than this years budget though and I don't think we would easily replace a player of Browns quality with the money we have available.

Can't see a team willing to pay a lot of money for him if they only need to wait 6 months to get him on a precontract anyway. Saying that though, I'm amazed that Cowdenbeath paid us anything for Liam Cusack. The sponsorship agreement for Brown means that any transfer fee is split 50/50 with the sponsor so not much incentive for the manager to let him leave for a small sum of money.

Why do Clyde not fill their team with junior players? Plenty of really good players at that level that would be within the budget of Clyde.

But but but, the juniors pay hunners mere than wee shitey clyde

Would keep Marsh, McColm, Oliver and Scullion.

Would punt McGachie (decent enough but with Daly coming in and my preference for Scullion I dont see where he'd fit) and Lindsay (who?)

Unsure on Sharp (could be useful as back up and would be a decent leader when called upon especially as Hay's gone) and Neill (undoubtedly talented as we saw in his first season but is his negative attitude and laziness at times worth a contract?).

Juniors? We picked up McCluskey and Marsh last year and they've done ok. Sweeney is a now a club legend. :ph34r: We had Ross McMillan from Largs as well and he stepped up to Stenhousemuir. We missed out on Kilbirnie's Longworth and Anderson three years ago was it? They've done alright for themselves at QP. Had a few others that have been and gone as well. It's not like we're blind to the junior game it seems.

I think I'm pretty much agreeing with David W in terms of contracts.

Squad already looks OK - in terms of first XI I'd say the priority is the midfield - we need a Nicoll type player to allow Sweeney to play properly, although Gray could perhaps play that role - but then we'd need another good centre half (Marsh) of course - which given the injury records of both Gray and McQueen might be a good plan anyway.

Another couple of wingers couldn't hurt either.

Centre midfield has to be the focus of where we need to strengthen this summer. I'd like to see if we could get Nicol for another season and one more that could protect the defence a bit better than Sweeney (with him as back up). Doubtful that will happen with the financial restraints we have however.

I'd invite him to pre-season training but leave off offering a contract until we know what kind of state he'll be in. We know what he can do but everything physically seems to go against him.

If we can get him for peanuts then fair enough - but we are already looking alright striker-wise. I'd rather we pushed the boat out for a more expensive central midfielder.

Edit: or tie Sweeney down to a more lucrative 3/4 year deal. The big clubs are circling.

Archived