The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

Can't believe McColm's work rate is actually being questioned here. Even harder to comprehend how he's being blamed for not digging in and lacking bravery. He's a fucking winger :lol:, and his defensive work rate was much improved last season. If the 4-3-3 rumour is to be believed then he won't have to do as much defensive work so can play to his strengths. There's a big difference between hiding and being bereft of decent service; on the opposite flank Ferguson is tricky and is brilliant receiving it to feet and taking men on, whereas McColm is stronger when he's got room to use his pace to knock it past/run in behind. The issue has been that, apart from when Janczyk was with us, we didn't have anyone capable of playing passes in behind for him on a semi-regular basis.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing for kilbirnie

Money talks right enough

one of the boys in works pal signed for ayrshire junior outfit 400 a week :unsure2:

that s better than part time in the championship

add that to your wages each week no bad for two nights training and a game on saturday :thumsup2

So bravery is an essential attribute for you to be a good footballer, whether you play in defence or attack?

Not essential but it does help aye.

Well then, in that case someone better tell Messi and Ronaldo that they're nothing but shitebags and that the greatest player on the planet is actually Iain Chisholm :lol::1eye

Someone better tell Messi and Ronaldo that they're nothing but shitebags, and that the greatest player on the planet is actually Iain Chisholm :lol::1eye

I think we should just sign a bunch of grossly overweight Sunday League type players. At least they'll be hard as nails, not shirk from any challenges and win most of their aerial battles.

I think we should just sign a bunch of grossly overweight Sunday League type players. At least they'll be hard as nails, not shirk from any challenges and win most of their aerial battles.

We'll need to get the finger out to catch up with Queens Park then

McColm is real marmite player I don't think he is a good as some fans, think flatters to deceive and certainly doesn't use his physical atributes might be his size works against him in terms if opinion big guy should be able to put himself about if he was small probably wouldn't expect the same.

That said would have chased him and gray for holidays during the season ,I'm an old dinosaur as far as these things are concerned

Stuart McColm provided the joint highest assists tally last season (tied with McCluskey on 11) and scored 4 goals. He's a constant threat on the left hand side with his pace and direct approach. Not to mention his crosses...

Key Player.

Stuart McColm provided the joint highest assists tally last season (tied with McCluskey on 11) and scored 4 goals. He's a constant threat on the left hand side with his pace and direct approach. Not to mention his crosses...

Key Player.

BUT HE DUSNT LEAVE THE BOOT IN

McColm is real marmite player I don't think he is a good as some fans, think flatters to deceive and certainly doesn't use his physical atributes might be his size works against him in terms if opinion big guy should be able to put himself about if he was small probably wouldn't expect the same.

That said would have chased him and gray for holidays during the season ,I'm an old dinosaur as far as these things are concerned

Gray maybe, not so sure about McColm he had probably arranged his wedding and honeymoon years in advance maybe even before he became a Clyde player.

This thread is a fucking joke! I stopped using P&B years ago, but have gradually been coming back to keep up to date with Clyde activity because the OS is shite for news... But what am I finding? Pathetic squabbling between fans on whether a player is a shitebag or not... f**k sake man! McColm is a cracking player but suffers from inconsistancy, but hey! We are in the 3rd Division, paying shite wages, what do you expect?? McColm can easily be playing 2nd Division Fitbaw therefore happily see him as an asset at Clyde.

Some fans need to realise where we are again, but looking at some posters on here, I know they are consistantly grumpy b*****ds with players no matter what level we're playing in... As some have already said, Support the Team or f**k off!

Now can we get this thread back to what it is meant to be??!!

Here Here

S.T.O.F.O

Archived