The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

You can argue all you like about Jim Duffy's record and managerial abilities but to say he suffers from his media duties is nonsense.

He is the only manager in the league who doesn't work monday to friday at another job. I think we can allow him a few hours a week to do media work.

Now I did not say anything about his managerial ability suffering due to his media duties. I said his media duties are more important to him.

But twist and spin.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I did not say anything about his managerial ability suffering due to his media duties.  I said his media duties are more important to him. 

But twist and spin. 

David's point still stands. Every other manager has a day job, which no doubt earns them a living and provides for their family. I'd wager that job means more to other managers than their managerial post does.

David's point still stands. Every other manager has a day job, which no doubt earns them a living and provides for their family. I'd wager that job means more to other managers than their managerial post does.

So my statement was right. His media work is more important than his manager job?

Only Clyde fans could argue that your statement is correct, so your wrong.

Duffy. Think he's done an OK job. He's made mistakes and some of his public comments are questionable, but overall not too bad considering he's not been given any money to work with.

Not to say there's not someone out there who couldnt do better with the same, but likely few & far between and then they'd need to be interested in coming into a situation like that. Argument to say, nothing to lose, everything to gain if its a new guy wanting a crack at senior football

When he did have money to work with, always saw Duffy as an Alex Smith type. Probably a better coach than manager, track record of both at various clubs would suggest that

He's at Clyde because he wants to be, simple as that. He'll have his reasons, but obviously he could walk away at any time. As far as I know he owned a pub in Dumbarton Rd, but I dont know if he still does.

What exactly has he done? I know he finished second bottom of the league, humiliated the team by saying we had no chance of reaching the playoffs while we were a few points behind. I am aware he got knocked out the cup by non-league opposition, and that he was a member of the Board during the utter shambles that was the "EK vote" that has split the fans. So what exactly does he deserve a medal for?

You can argue other managers would also struggle but twice now you have said he deserves

a medal. Why?

Ok your right.

You can argue all you like about Jim Duffy's record and managerial abilities but to say he suffers from his media duties is nonsense.

He is the only manager in the league who doesn't work monday to friday at another job. I think we can allow him a few hours a week to do media work.

Your wasting your time David but thanks for confirming

Some posters love turnin opinions into facts

This duffy garbage earlier to your post is just another

Your wasting your time David but thanks for confirming

Some posters love turnin opinions into facts

This duffy garbage earlier to your post is just another

Quite ironic given your last posts contained the "FACT" that no-one could do better than Duffy and he deserved a medal for not walking away, and then that some random attendance figures "CONFIRMED" gates were not going to be down this season...

And while David's point is fair enough, I didn't actually see anyone claim his managerial performance had suffered because of his media duties.

Quite ironic given your last posts contained the "FACT" that no-one could do better than Duffy and he deserved a medal for not walking away, and then that some random attendance figures "CONFIRMED" gates were not going to be down this season...

And while David's point is fair enough, I didn't actually see anyone claim his managerial performance had suffered because of his media duties.

Ok your right

Sounds like all the U19 squad are now signed up. That'll explain why Ferguson was listed as a trialist and why we didn't have a fifth sub last week.

How dare you talk about on the park related matters on this thread

• 1 month later...

We have seemingly signed a striker on loan from you guys, not got a name wondered if anyone can shed any light and advise what the guy is like?

edit obviously we will need to establish the nameof the player first before assessing what his contribution might be but hope one of you guys are ahead of me in this respect and know who it s in question.

We have seemingly signed a striker on loan from you guys, not got a name wondered if anyone can shed any light and advise what the guy is like?

edit obviously we will need to establish the nameof the player first before assessing what his contribution might be but hope one of you guys are ahead of me in this respect and know who it s in question.

It's a lad called Kevin Thacker. Great player.

It's a lad called Kevin Thacker. Great player.

Indeed it is.

Kevin is a winger come striker , not the most prolific in front of goal . But what he doesn't do in front of goal he makes up for with his great skills and will create plenty of chances . Sad to see him away .

Archived