The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

Marsh has re signed

Marsh was still listed as a trialist on Sat as was the number 14 who I thought was one of our under 19 players. McGachie was a named sub as well. Would be good know what's going who has and hasn't signed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed on OS , Marsh and McGachie have resigned

Would have liked McGachies wage to go towards a central midfielder or two as were not short up front but VERY short in CM

dept

Maybe a loan signing or two could be the answer to my worry otherwise were going to struggle big style in that postion

Confirmed on OS , Marsh and McGachie have resigned

Would have liked McGachies wage to go towards a central midfielder or two as were not short up front but VERY short in CM

dept

Maybe a loan signing or two could be the answer to my worry otherwise were going to struggle big style in that postion

Unless money has been found since the Fans Forum then those 2 will be on amateur contracts like Ryan Frances.

Not mentioned on OS they have signed as an Amateur unless I've misread and if they have fecking fair play to All 3 of em

Someone asked about Marsh and Oliver at the Fans Forum and Duffy answered that there was no money left to sign them and he would have to discuss with the players if they were willing to sign on the same terms as Frances.

We may not be in great shape financially, but it gives me confidence for the season coming up that players of a decent standard are willing to sign on amateur contracts. There is obviously a good atmosphere amongst the players and a great respect for Duffy and the supporters. Frances apparently turned down a good junior offer to take the chance of league football with us.

A week is a long time in football so I could be wrong, money/sponsors may have been found since Monday night. Them signing as amateurs seems more likely to me though.

Someone asked about Marsh and Oliver at the Fans Forum and Duffy answered that there was no money left to sign them and he would have to discuss with the players if they were willing to sign on the same terms as Frances.

We may not be in great shape financially, but it gives me confidence for the season coming up that players of a decent standard are willing to sign on amateur contracts. There is obviously a good atmosphere amongst the players and a great respect for Duffy and the supporters. Frances apparently turned down a good junior offer to take the chance of league football with us.

Total agree David

Club in a financial state as we all know though on the park it wouldn't show and apart from a couple of centre midfielders we actually have a decent Squad

Duffy and Charnley derserve a medal for wanting to hang around as no other manager would want the job with no funds available and I take it duffy is maybe helping them get a move (Thinks D Gallacher and possibly G Brown this season) which works well for both parties

The 00s of stay away fans should hang theirs heads in shame and its hilarious they question why the club may be changing their name slightly while they sit in their houses and expect the club to continue running the same with crowds and income down 50% from bums on seats to League sponsorship

"For Ever and Ever we'll follow the clyde they sang" I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total agree David

Club in a financial state as we all know though on the park it wouldn't show and apart from a couple of centre midfielders we actually have a decent Squad

Duffy and Charnley derserve a medal for wanting to hang around as no other manager would want the job with no funds available and I take it duffy is maybe helping them get a move (Thinks D Gallacher and possibly G Brown this season) which works well for both parties

The 00s of stay away fans should hang theirs heads in shame and its hilarious they question why the club may be changing their name slightly while they sit in their houses and expect the club to continue running the same with crowds and income down 50% from bums on seats to League sponsorship

"For Ever and Ever we'll follow the clyde they sang" I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde not EK Clyde. His dad changed it with his plans. Daddy goes and EK Clyde go and we will be back.

Clyde not EK Clyde. His dad changed it with his plans. Daddy goes and EK Clyde go and we will be back.

You still banging the same drum, John?

I'm a Clyde fan, and I'll be there to support my team when they need it.

Instead of putting a personal vandetta ahead of my team - who are still called Clyde FC, as far as I can work out.

So, on the one hand there's Frances and possibly Marsh recognising the financial realities at the club and willing to play for free on Saturday alongside others in the team who are being paid. On the other hand you are sitting at home over a move that might never happen. I know whose attitude I prefer.

Oh jeez...... i thought we had heard the last of this clown !

Poor you. Any way JR I aint. Not an ex board member, not even an ex owner (owner :lol: , pay what £30 and say your an owner).

I do admire you EK fans though. You think your board are doing a great job and its everyone elses fault. Council, ex boards, managers, players. Never those at the club. Soon you will turn on the current regime (but not till they are gone) and they will join the list of those at fault.

The Board put forward the proposal without any consultation at all of the people who pay through the gate. We have heard time and time again that the owners make the decisions and so they were the only people who deserved any information.

Most businesses would take into consideration how their customers would react before any major new initiative such as this name change. If the gates have dropped it is down to the Board, either because they didn't bother to consider how fans would react, or they did but felt it had to be done anyway. Either way, it is ridiculous to "blame" the stay-away fans or to claim they should be ashamed.

Guest The Phoenix

Somewhat misleading thread topic heading!

Be good if the bickering about what is (or isn't) happening behind the scenes was taken elsewhere, instead of making a abomination of this one.

Just saying.

Somewhat misleading thread topic heading! Be good if the bickering about what is (or isn't) happening behind the scenes was taken elsewhere, instead of making a abomination of this one. Just saying.

Fair point however when posters continually talk about the fact we have no budget, it is worth considering why that is.

Also, there was a thread on the EK move, which contained some great quotes from the pro-EK lobby. For some reason this was locked and then deleted.

Fair point however when posters continually talk about the fact we have no budget, it is worth considering why that is.

It was maybe worth considering about 3 months and 19 pages ago. Now, as always, you're just being a repetitive bore and completely ruining what is supposed to be an annual thread of pre-season festivity and transfer nonsense

Poor you.  Any way JR I aint.  Not an ex board member, not even an ex owner (owner :lol: , pay what £30 and say your an owner). 

I do admire you EK fans though.  You think your board are doing a great job and its everyone elses fault.  Council, ex boards, managers, players. Never those at the club. Soon you will turn on the current regime (but not till they are gone) and they will join the list of those at fault.

You assumed that of me cos i thought you are a clown ???

It was maybe worth considering about 3 months and 19 pages ago. Now, as always, you're just being a repetitive bore and completely ruining what is supposed to be our lighthearted annual pre-season and transfer nonsense thread

Very good. I hadn't mentioned it since you or someone else moaned about it a few pages ago. But if someone is going to come on and suggest people like me should "hang their head in shame" then I am going to reply. Ok?

Sorry I spoiled your light-hearted fun. jesus christ.

The Board put forward the proposal without any consultation at all of the people who pay through the gate. We have heard time and time again that the owners make the decisions and so they were the only people who deserved any information.

Most businesses would take into consideration how their customers would react before any major new initiative such as this name change. If the gates have dropped it is down to the Board, either because they didn't bother to consider how fans would react, or they did but felt it had to be done anyway. Either way, it is ridiculous to "blame" the stay-away fans or to claim they

should be ashamed.

The disappearin fans im afraid were long before the proposed name change

Take the hint

Archived