The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

One of the most ineffectual players?

Have you forgotten about Mickael Marsiglia, Paul Jarvie, Romuald Bouadji, Paul Hilland, Andrew Dick, Roddy Hunter, Gordon Parks, David McGowan, Andy Ferguson, Iain Campbell, Craig Potter, Andrew Traub, Shaun Fagan, Christian Smith, Scott Gemmill, Scott Findlay, Mark Casey, Scott Gair, Robert Halliday, Neil McGowan, Alan McFadden, Paul Stewart, Adam Coakley, Willie Sawyers, John Stewart, Murray Henderson, Craig Tully, Mark Archdeacon, John Kane and Craig Wedderburn?

and that's just since 2003-04, and the wikipedia article for 10-11 is incomplete.

McColm's decent enough. I'd keep him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone raised a good point in a match thread a few weeks ago: If Watt and McCluskey were a bit more clinical in front of goal, McColm would have double the assists he was credited for last season. He put it on a plate for them on countless occaisons only for Watt to fluff his lines. He can also chip in with a few goals himself. A very important player for us IMO, and I'd love to see him signed up.

Then again, I wouldn't blame him for rejecting a contract offer after some of the abuse he got last season; all of which, was quite frankly embarrassing.

Someone raised a good point in a match thread a few weeks ago: If Watt and McCluskey were a bit more clinical in front of goal, McColm would have double the assists he was credited for last season. He put it on a plate for them on countless occaisons only for Watt to fluff his lines. He can also chip in with a few goals himself. A very important player for us IMO, and I'd love to see him signed up.

Then again, I wouldn't blame him for rejecting a contract offer after some of the abuse he got last season; all of which, was quite frankly embarrassing.

Yeah, and if I played with Ronaldo and Messi I'd score 30+ a season. Great argument. If he is that good why is he playing in a team second bottom of the league.

If this is the level of footballer you are content to watch then we will be down here a very long time.

And he scored less than half of Sweeney's total, less than Scullion who played 50% of the games McColm played and Gilfillan scored and assisted almost as much in half the games. He also tackles like a pussy - he's a gutless diddy! Like Div McGowan was!

Well then, surely the fact Brown and MacDonald both play for the same team should say the same thing about them?

Sweeney - takes penalties and plays centrally, McColm is clearly told to stay on the flank. Against QP, when he actually came inside, he scored two cracking goals.

Scullion - plays predominantly up front, centrally.

Gilfillan - played predominantly up front, centrally.

Surely the fact you're in the minority should tell you something?

Yeah, and if I played with Ronaldo and Messi I'd score 30+ a season. Great argument. If he is that good why is he playing in a team second bottom of the league.

If this is the level of footballer you are content to watch then we will be down here a very long time.

And he scored less than half of Sweeney's total, less than Scullion who played 50% of the games McColm played and Gilfillan scored and assisted almost as much in half the games. He also tackles like a pussy - he's a gutless diddy! Like Div McGowan was!

He played over 90 times for a Stranraer side that were always up the top end of the division. His job is to get good balls into the box, and he did that on countless occasions last term - but the a lack of composure from our strikers meant the ball didn't end up in the net. That's hardly his fault, is it? He had bad games last season, aye - but then again, so did every player.

It's also interesting that you should mention his tackling and call him a 'gutless diddy' in the same sentence you praise John Sweeney, a player renowned for shying out of tackles. :lol:.

He played over 90 times for a Stranraer side that were always up the top end of the division. His job is to get good balls into the box, and he did that on countless occasions last term - but the a lack of composure from our strikers meant the ball didn't end up in the net. That's hardly his fault, is it? He had bad games last season, aye - but then again, so did every player.

It's also interesting that you should mention his tackling and call him a 'gutless diddy' in the same sentence you praise John Sweeney, a player renowned for shying out of tackles. :lol:.

Mentioning Sweeney's far superior goal tally does not mean I praised him.

And as far as being in the minority - the majority of people are not who I would want to agree with, follow or behave like. Happy to be in the minority.

Think SLW needs a lie down. Why you attempt to talk about the quality of player is beyond me it's the 3rd division and for a 3rd division player he gives us loads & for us to improve in anyway we need a player like McColm who fires in plenty of crosses, can actually beat a man, tracks back and gets a few goals. Name a better winger we'll be able to lure to the club at this level?

Have you forgotten about Mickael Marsiglia, Paul Jarvie, Romuald Bouadji, Paul Hilland, Andrew Dick, Roddy Hunter, Gordon Parks, David McGowan, Andy Ferguson, Iain Campbell, Craig Potter, Andrew Traub, Shaun Fagan, Christian Smith, Scott Gemmill, Scott Findlay, Mark Casey, Scott Gair, Robert Halliday, Neil McGowan, Alan McFadden, Paul Stewart, Adam Coakley, Willie Sawyers, John Stewart, Murray Henderson, Craig Tully, Mark Archdeacon, John Kane and Craig Wedderburn?

and that's just since 2003-04, and the wikipedia article for 10-11 is incomplete.

tumblr_lzexflogc91r3ro6ho1_500.gif

For the benefit of SLW.......

Over the season Higuan scored 14 goals, Benzema scored 10 and Ozil scored 9 while playing with Ronaldo.

Fabregas scored 10 and Villa scored 9 while playing with Messi.

You must be SOME PLAYER if you can score 30 and if so I hope Duffy gets you signed up quick before Man Utd etc find out about you. :lol:

For the benefit of SLW.......

Over the season Higuan scored 14 goals, Benzema scored 10 and Ozil scored 9 while playing with Ronaldo.

Fabregas scored 10 and Villa scored 9 while playing with Messi.

You must be SOME PLAYER if you can score 30 and if so I hope Duffy gets you signed up quick before Man Utd etc find out about you. :lol:

For the benefit of the clyde man who has time to do research -

I meant playing for Clyde against East Stirling and Montrose.....

But thanks for the effort

Think we need to stop directing this at SLW. He has an opinion, which he is entitled to. Even though I'm at the completely opposite end of the scale from his opinion and thinking that mccolm has the most potential at the club doesn't make his opinion less valid.

In my opinion Iain Gray had an appalling season yet won a POTY award. In my opinion Kevin Watt is quite possibly the stupidest player I have ever seen, in my opinion Scullion only started playing decent - no more than that - when his contract was due up!

Pretty boring if we all had the same opinion, but no one should be shot down for theirs.

Think we need to stop directing this at SLW. He has an opinion, which he is entitled to. Even though I'm at the completely opposite end of the scale from his opinion and thinking that mccolm has the most potential at the club doesn't make his opinion less valid.

In my opinion Iain Gray had an appalling season yet won a POTY award. In my opinion Kevin Watt is quite possibly the stupidest player I have ever seen, in my opinion Scullion only started playing decent - no more than that - when his contract was due up!

Pretty boring if we all had the same opinion, but no one should be shot down for theirs.

Good post

In SLW defence McColm aint a Nevin,Willock,Gerry mccabe or Carrigan

Though hes Far Better than Jamie Fairlie,Barry Strain and John Dickson who have also graced the jersey somehow

Personally i think mccolm has talent just lacks a bit of courage and with both he could have played at much higher level

tumblr_lzexflogc91r3ro6ho1_500.gif

I was wondering if you'd pick up on that :lol:

For the benefit of the clyde man who has time to do research -

I meant playing for Clyde against East Stirling and Montrose.....

But thanks for the effort

Nae problem, and by the way, dae ye think if you were playing for Clyde alangside Ronaldo and Messi in the 3rd Div. ye wid get a sniff o' the baw?

However if Duffy kin sign they 2 then ah'll accept you tae. :lol:

I'd offer Marsh and Oliver new deals. Don't know why we need to look at Oliver over pre season unless he's went mental but Marsh is understandable. I don't see the point in keeping McGachie, offers nothing different and we've enough forwards as it is.

In true Clyde style:

Barclay

Brown McQueen Gray MacDonald

Sweeney MacBeth

McCluskey ---------- McColm

Scullion

Daly

subs; Rajovic, Graham, Fitzharris, Watt,

I see Kevin Motion is wanting an SFL club; I seem to remember him scoring a few for Stenny and the SFL site says he's a midfielder. Any other info about him? we could do with an experienced head in the middle of the pitch.

Does anyone else not feel slightly concerned that we have almost retained the same squad from last season that finished as the 2nd worst team in Scotland. I really can't see us being anywhere near the playoffs again this season unless some new and better players are introduced.

Archived