The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

I've heard from one of my many insiders that Pat Scullion will be signing a brand new one-year deal. A good bit of business, as long as he can stay fit he is always a good option.

I hope my man Stuart McColm signs up soon. He's a personal hero - imagine my delight when I saw him at the Stirling game wearing the same shoes as me :wub:

High heels going by his attempts at competing in football matches.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was speaking to one of Declan Gallagher's relatives a couple of weeks ago, and he was saying that one of the reasons JD can attract players to the club to play for a pittance is to promise them to use his contacts to help get them into full time football. He got Gallagher his move to Dundee last year and it looks like he's doing the same for Gav Brown just now. Fair play to him.

Really hope that Scullion does sign a new deal, he's been an absolute revelation since the turn if the year. Looks much fitter, has scored a good few important goals and has generally played the target man role superbly well. Very useful player to have

I was speaking to one of Declan Gallagher's relatives a couple of weeks ago, and he was saying that one of the reasons JD can attract players to the club to play for a pittance is to promise them to use his contacts to help get them into full time football. He got Gallagher his move to Dundee last year and it looks like he's doing the same for Gav Brown just now. Fair play to him.

Really hope that Scullion does sign a new deal, he's been an absolute revelation since the turn if the year. Looks much fitter, has scored a good few important goals and has generally played the target man role superbly well. Very useful player to have

Would explain how we got players like Gallagher,McQueen,Brown,McDonald to name just a Few ...

Heard Marsh has now been released but has been invited for pre season training and to prove his fitness before new contract on table

Heard Marsh has now been released but has been invited for pre season training and to prove his fitness before new contract on table

Aye from what I understand JD isn't offering him a new contract until he can prove his fitness. It's a bit of a dangerous game though, because there are a couple of other clubs interested in him. Need to wait and see what happens with that one

John Kane (easily the most pathetic player we've had in the 20 years I've watched us - though with that surname it wasn't a surprise) and Lee Sharp away as well (thought he was a coach?).

It just goes to show what a fine player he is if he can provide more assists than anybody else in our squad whilst wearing high heels :wub:

:lol: Agreed!

I'd love to see Stuart McColm back at the club next year. Yes he can be inconsistent, but most wingers are by their very definition. You could see how much he was missed when he was injured fir the last few weeks of the season and we were treated to a series of spectacularly awful performances on the left wing from Fitzpatrick, Fitzharris and the young lad who's name escapes me just now

He still lives down in Stranraer and travels up here 3 times a week for training and matches, and all the thanks he gets for that dedication is completely unwarranted abuse from the usual greeting faced fuds amongst the support. Wouldn't blame him if he just chucked it for that reason, but I hope he sticks around because he's a good player

I'm actually pretty gutted that Lee Sharp is leaving - just as it's a tradition to have a ginger lad who never plays and gets released, so too is it a tradition to have an octogenarian left back who hoofs the ball up the line. It won't be the same seeing Kieran MacDonald take the ball past a defender with a piece of skill that he actually means. :(

I saw the Daily Record reporting Kane, Neill and Sharp as away.

Kane left weeks ago though didn't he?

Would be surprised if Sharp left as a coach, even if he's not going to cut it as a player anymore - although even this season he did still have his moments.

They also spelled Neill with one L.

Top notch journalism.

I thought john kane was released to sign for Pollok as oppose on Loan but i'm sure both parties will be happy and It just never worked for him but you got to wonder would he have turned out to be another knoxy (Pish to start with and a legend to End?!)

John Neill defo didn't look the same player and talking to a source during the week it seems him and Duffy never seen eye2eye though neither set the heather on fire at Irvine Meadow according to a poster on here so maybe he's fed up with the game and as far I know he doesn't need a wage from football

Lee Sharp - Will be remembered for his wonder free kick away to Berwick in Feb and another I would like to thank for his services & I'm sure he'll be glad to see the back of some Queens Park players, But I'm sure in his fitter days he was a decent player at our level or above

I thought john kane was released to sign for Pollok as oppose on Loan but i'm sure both parties will be happy and It just never worked for him but you got to wonder would he have turned out to be another knoxy (Pish to start with and a legend to End?!)

John Neill defo didn't look the same player and talking to a source during the week it seems him and Duffy never seen eye2eye though neither set the heather on fire at Irvine Meadow according to a poster on here so maybe he's fed up with the game and as far I know he doesn't need a wage from football

Lee Sharp - Will be remembered for his wonder free kick away to Berwick in Feb and another I would like to thank for his services & I'm sure he'll be glad to see the back of some Queens Park players, But I'm sure in his fitter days he was a decent player at our level or above

Heard Lee Sharp was offered the 19's again. Also heard he was in the frame for the Albion Rovers job.

Archived