The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

Nicoll is signing for Stranraer apparently

I've been having a wee swatch at the SFL website and there's an article up there about a few of the clubs who have released players already;

The first batch of players being released by their clubs has been announced with First Division Champions Partick Thistle letting go 20-year-old former Motherwell midfielder Bradley Halsman as well as short term signing from Dunfermline Andy Dowie.

The Firhill club had already told striker Steven Craig that he was not going to be offered a new contract and Manager Alan Archibald said: “Bradley is unfortunate as he will just be too old to play for our under-20 side next season and I don’t want to keep him here next season when I don’t see him playing too often.”

Dowie is leaving Partick for a second time after an incident packed 5 weeks following being made redundant by Dunfermline with Archibald saying: “Andy of course came in and scored the goal at Falkirk on the day we won the League. That wasn’t his sole contribution as his performance against Morton in a high profile game, in amongst a defence he did not know, was terrific.”

“If we had not been promoted then I would have kept Andy but I feel that we need to strengthen for the SPL. Telling players that they are leaving is a horrible thing to do and has taken some of the gloss off our celebrations.”

Livingston have unloaded 9 players from their first team pool with the list headed by captain and record appearance holder Liam Fox. Also leaving West Lothian is Andy McNeil, Craig Barr, Iain Russell, Tony Andreu, Jesus Garcia Tena, Kevin McCann, Jordan Morton and Andy Russell.

In the Third Division Stirling Albion have parted company with Sam Filler, Scott Davidson, Joshua Flood, Richie Kirwan, Daly McSorley and Gary Thom with Clyde doing likewise with skipper Paul Hay, Daniel Fitzpatrick and Jack Sloss.

I wouldn't be upset if any number of players on that list decided to take the step up and sign for us. I also note that Jordan Morton has been released by Livi, a year after he was released by Hearts - I think he should re-sign for Clyde and start paying us back for that friendly he still owes us wave_smiley.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with previous Poster

Offer McCusker Training and if he looks back to his best after few bounce games I would sign him up in a min regardless of his luck

Just now I don't think many clubs will take a chance on him in current fitness

Great player and Great Lad

Unfortunately he was told on Saturday that his services won't be required for next season even if Dumbarton did release him (which we now know they have).

Shame.

When fit, he is a real handful for any defence, and would have loved to have stayed.

Anyway

Kevin Watt is a far better finisher.................................. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, he did absolutely nothing in the games he played. He didn't even look like he'd explode past a player once and without that he's nothing.

Yep, his injuries seem to have hit him hard, a real shame. He was absolutely unplayable in the games he featured in 2010/11.

A lot of released players I wouldn't mind us having a look at. Then again, very much anybody would be an improvement. Darren Gribben is one of the names I've saw that is a free agent that would be a quality, and not out the reams of possibility, addition.

Unfortunately he was told on Saturday that his services won't be required for next season even if Dumbarton did release him (which we now know they have).

Shame.

When fit, he is a real handful for any defence, and would have loved to have stayed.

Anyway

Kevin Watt is a far better finisher.................................. :rolleyes:

Thats i think is a mistake and i would definately have taken a chance with him in the hope he can get his fitness up, he played very little football since he left us obviously he was never going to come back and pick up where he left off, it was always going to take time.

Thats i think is a mistake and i would definately have taken a chance with him in the hope he can get his fitness up, he played very little football since he left us obviously he was never going to come back and pick up where he left off, it was always going to take time.

I agree, He was obviously not fit when he came to us and he defo didn't get enough game time to get his fitness up.

I know he was training daily as 2 hrs. twice a week wouldn't have been enough either.

I think a full pre-season, working on his own and training with us would have definately helped.

The decision to ditch him so soon was maybe a bit hasty. Why could we not have waited to see if he could have got himself "up to scratch" before making a decision?

Obviously he didn't fit into Jim Duffys' vision of how we will be next season.

I find it surprising that a lot of folks are saying that all of the players we have kept gives us the nucleus of a good team...................These guys are the nucleus of the team that has finished 41st 2 years in a row.

I'm all for a bit of continuity, but come on.

Then again

If we get Kevin Watt a striking coach things may be different.

If his conversion to sitters rate improved even 25% we could have been in the play offs.

We'll just have to wait and see who else Duffy brings in.

Josh Flood from Stirling Albion is a player that should be looked at. He's a young, quick, talented winger and shown that in games this season and previous, was also unlucky to score against the sevco this year.

Shame.

Anyway

Aye right :lol:

I see that self-styled wonderkid Steven Howarth - and Conor Stevenson as well actually - has just been released by Albion Rovers. His career has clearly blossomed since he left Clyde then! Does anyone know what Kevin Higgins is up to these days? Another player who got too big for his boots and made the short sighted decision to leave far too early

Howarth :Chucked football after Motherwell I'm led to believe for a while and only went to Albion rovers as their manager at the time was working on the same building site and invited him back (Shame as looked promising anytime I saw him)

Stevenson : Put in too early and too young and maybe could have made it with a bit of experience beside him,Led to believe he went junior with Cumbernauld for a short period and Vale of clyde according to few guys in Gymn and seemed to do okay for himself but maybe that's his Level ??!!

Higgins : Answers on a postcard right enough..

I've heard from one of my many insiders that Pat Scullion will be signing a brand new one-year deal. A good bit of business, as long as he can stay fit he is always a good option.

I hope my man Stuart McColm signs up soon. He's a personal hero - imagine my delight when I saw him at the Stirling game wearing the same shoes as me :wub:

Archived