bendarroch and tedi tomorrow.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right - I was in hospital, on the docs table, having what's known as a doppler test. This was the last test of two immediately prior to seeing the surgeon who was to tell me what and when my op would be. As this was going on, I wondered why the doc was leaning on my chest and asked as much.

He wasn't leaning on my chest at all - my heart had fucked up again. Next thing I'm in another hospital in the casualty dept and just got out again last night. The problem that arose resulted from the underlying heart disease. I've also now learned that it's heart bypasses for me and, thankfully, not a transplant.

However, they managed to get the test data they need and I'll now finally meet the surgeon who'll operate on me this coming tuesday and find out when he and his team will do that.

A step closer to getting fixed up. Thanks again to all for both the encouragement and the humour - it really helps.

Right - I was in hospital, on the docs table, having what's known as a doppler test. This was the last test of two immediately prior to seeing the surgeon who was to tell me what and when my op would be. As this was going on, I wondered why the doc was leaning on my chest and asked as much.

He wasn't leaning on my chest at all - my heart had fucked up again. Next thing I'm in another hospital in the casualty dept and just got out again last night. The problem that arose resulted from the underlying heart disease. I've also now learned that it's heart bypasses for me and, thankfully, not a transplant.

However, they managed to get the test data they need and I'll now finally meet the surgeon who'll operate on me this coming tuesday and find out when he and his team will do that.

A step closer to getting fixed up. Thanks again to all for both the encouragement and the humour - it really helps.

Best of luck mate.

Mate, my dad got a by pass about ten years a go and it was a new lease of life for him. He's as healthy as a horse and it really changed his life.

Good luck with it.

Hail Hail ;)

:) can't wait for the bralt now Bendarroch after hearing that bit of good news :thumsup2 bring it on ^_^ Rangers are shite bty.

Mate, my dad got a by pass about ten years a go and it was a new lease of life for him. He's as healthy as a horse and it really changed his life.

Good luck with it.

Hail Hail ;)

Second this (apart from the Hail Hail bit) my dad had a heart attack about 4 years ago, he had a bypass thing and now he's much better than he was before. He can do all sorts of things that he used to be out of breath/feel bad doing and looks 10 times healthier in general . He did have to make a few smoking and dietary changes afterwards though.

Take care and good luck when you get it.

Sounds good Bendarroch. Glad to hear it.

Bendarroch and (yes even) tedi having "difficulties" and awra even getting his internet paid in Polmont and will live till 105 if the dole still exists...

Life is a mystery......

For Tedi who is going through his OP probably tomorrow morning,

ALL THE BEST TEDI AND HASTE YE BACK :wub:

I thought it was today?

Awrabest anyway, when you get round to reading this, Tedi. We're all missing your input.....

One poster in particular. ;)

I thought it was today?

Awrabest anyway, when you get round to reading this, Tedi. We're all missing your input.....

One poster in particular. ;)

I thought you go into hospital the night before your OP and then have it the next day WRK :huh: been a long time since I have had an OP and was to remove a plate and screws from my broken ankle 25 years ago and had to go in the day before the OP :lol: .Maybe things are different these days and I'm sure Tedi will fill us all in.

I thought you go into hospital the night before your OP and then have it the next day WRK :huh: been a long time since I have had an OP and was to remove a plate and screws from my broken ankle 25 years ago and had to go in the day before the OP :lol: .Maybe things are different these days and I'm sure Tedi will fill us all in.

When I had my hernia done 6 years ago, I went in at 9 in the morning and was home in time to watch the footy that evening - they don't f**k about in today's NHS!

When I had my hernia done 6 years ago, I went in at 9 in the morning and was home in time to watch the footy that evening - they don't f**k about in today's NHS!

Just spoke to my daughter who is training to be a nurse and passes her exams this year.She says it all depends on the extent of the hernia and underlying problems it may have :unsure2: .

Just spoke to my daughter who is training to be a nurse and passes her exams this year.She says it all depends on the extent of the hernia and underlying problems it may have :unsure2: .

You'll now have Rico asking for pics of her, well done.

Archived