Edinburgh or Glasgow?

I'm by far an Edinburgh man. I can't explain why but I've felt unsafe in Glasgow far more often than in Edinburgh and I live here.

I don't buy this nonsense that Glasgow is more friendly. Also someone said Edinburgh only comes alive during the festival? Edinburgh becomes fucking intolerable during the festival. Takes hours to get anywhere, full of tourists who either call it Edinberg or Edinborrow.

Plus from my flat I can see the crags and when the sun is setting, the view is glorious.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea. Let's find the best pictures we can of both cities, and then counter them with the worst pictures we can find of both cities.

Dat's the joke.

Although there are no bad photos of Glasgow, so they're bound to lose. And even if they found a grimmer looking housing estate, it only really serves to prove we're pure well harder than them n that.

I've experienced the horrible brewery smell of Edinburgh. It's awful and after a heavy night out the next morning waking up to an inescapable smell of a brewery is unpleasant to say the least.

I quite like the brewery smell you sometimes get around Gorgie.

I lived in Glasgow (Well, just outside) for my whole high school life and never really liked it. Hard to say why though, never felt at home there and part of that was through people having a bit of a chip on their shoulder over people that aren't from Glasgow.

I just don't believe the 'chip on the shoulder' bit. I was born and raised in Glasgow and to be honest, most Glaswegians don't even pay any attention to what's happening outside the city never mind have a grudge against people from elsewhere.

Glasgow is brilliant, as is Edinburgh in its own right. They're different, and both great.

But Glasgow's better. :P

For what it's worth having worked in both places I found Glasgow people to be more genuine and friendly.

When you say "more friendly" do you mean "more likely to latch onto you drunkenly in a bar and not take the hint to GTF with their oh-so-witty Glesga banter.

In my experience, this whole friendly image glasgow has given itself is a pile of pish.

When you say "more friendly" do you mean "more likely to latch onto you drunkenly in a bar and not take the hint to GTF with their oh-so-witty Glesga banter.

In my experience, this whole friendly image glasgow has given itself is a pile of pish.

I think the 'Glasgow's really friendly' thing comes from the fact that the place has a bit of a rough reputation, but when people go there they realise it's actually absolutely fine and are quite surprised.

I think the 'Glasgow's really friendly' thing comes from the fact that the place has a bit of a rough reputation, but when people go there they realise it's actually absolutely fine and are quite surprised.

Pretty much. Nothing against Glasgow or Glaswegians (some of my family are Weegies - the rough side of the family though ;) ) but I don't find them any more or less freindly than Edinburgh folk.

I'm a teuchter from Lewis so I'm neutral and thus should have the final word :lol:

Edinburgh is an absolutely beautiful city and I have my heart set on their when I move out of my current house.

Glasgow? Shitehole. Full of overly aggressive c**t's who support either side of the old firm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I got the bus in Edinburgh once and they don't give change. Wtf. I'm expected to have exact change or the bus company just robs you?

I have no idea if it's the same in Glasgow as I've never taken the bus there.

Aye it is the same. The first time I got a bus in Glasgow was for a training course in Paisley, slept in so ended up going without my mates. Got on the bus with £20 quid note and the boy says he can't give me change so I just ask for the most expensive ticket (was about £5.70). After about 40 minutes the boy says end of the road and I realised I was on the wrong bus, was pouring that day as well. Was a bad day and now I don't like Glasgow buses.

Edinburgh's very pretty, and I've had some cracking nights out there.

It's just a shame that the place is hoaching with Edinburgers.

Shitehole. Full of overly aggressive c**t's who support either side of the old firm.

You could say the same about any city or town in Scotland.

FWIW I love them both. Edinburghs visual appeal is more obvious. But Glasgow has a lot going for it as well. Also if you can't enjoy a good night out in these 2 cities you're the boring one.

Shitehole. Full of overly aggressive c**t's who support either side of the old firm.

You could say the same about any city or town in Scotland.

FWIW I love them both. Edinburghs visual appeal is more obvious. But Glasgow has a lot going for it as well. Also if you can't enjoy a good night out in these 2 cities you're the boring one.

Glasgow is the only city that I've been out in and had trouble. The place is full of vermin.

Edinburgh is the cream of the crop when it comes to, well, everything really.

Except Dundee of course, I think it's the best night out in Dundee.

Edinburgh is an absolutely beautiful city and I have my heart set on their when I move out of my current house.

Glasgow? Shitehole. Full of overly aggressive c**t's who support either side of the old firm.

Whereabouts were you in Glasgow that you found people overly aggressive?

Another reason I prefer Glasgow is that it feels like a Scottish city rather than an English one.

Archived