Edinburgh or Glasgow?

There is not even a slight chance nearly 90,000 people live in the city of Stirling. You're looking at 40,000, tops.

Can only assume that's going by council area, which will include Bridge of Allan, Fallin, Cowie, even Dunblane which is six or seven miles away.

Just what I was saying about Edinburgh. You come off the Forth Bridge to see a sign saying 'welcome to the City of EdinbVrgh' so they're probably including that area, probably all the way over to Musselburgh.

I thought the council area was Midlothian though - am I wrong here? (You have welcome to 'City of Aberdeen' signs at Cove, Kingswells and Blackburn up this way but that's actually because they're in the council area of that name).

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what I was saying about Edinburgh. You come off the Forth Bridge to see a sign saying 'welcome to the City of EdinbVrgh' so they're probably including that area, probably all the way over to Musselburgh.

I thought the council area was Midlothian though - am I wrong here? (You have welcome to 'City of Aberdeen' signs at Cove, Kingswells and Blackburn up this way but that's actually because they're in the council area of that name).

Musselburgh's East Lothian. The city of Edinburgh extends to Portobello and Joppa, but not beyond.

I'll be out having a few beers in Leith tonight, any recommendations?

There's a cracking wee bar next to Easter Road Stadium called Scorpio Leisure. It's always lively, the locals will drink you under the table.

Musselburgh's East Lothian. The city of Edinburgh extends to Portobello and Joppa, but not beyond.

Not historically. Musselburgh should be in Midlothian or Edinburgh really.

Musselburgh was part of Edinburgh wasn't it?

Sure Fisherrow was a separate village as well.

The older generations in Musselburgh seem to make a distinction but its all the same to young people in my experience.

Musselburgh was part of Edinburgh wasn't it?

Sure Fisherrow was a separate village as well.

The older generations in Musselburgh seem to make a distinction but its all the same to young people in my experience.

No. It was Midlothian up until the 1970s.

The shore area. The granary and the cameo especially.

There's a cracking wee bar next to Easter Road Stadium called Scorpio Leisure. It's always lively, the locals will drink you under the table.

Nobles used to be a favourite of mine some years ago. Don't know what it's like now.

I would say go for the beer.

I ended up doing a mini pub crawl along Easter Road, can't remember the name of the pubs, but it was enjoyable, good to try something different, ended the night going to Liquid Room rather pished. only downside to the trip was watching Celtic getting pumped in Robbie's on Leith Walk

I spotted this monstrosity today.

In fecking Glasgow.

If you want to pollute your chips in such and fashion, then so be it, but please don't advertise this sordid practice through here.

Salt and sauce is one of the main plus points of Edinburgh tbh. I mean, they have a castle and a big monument too, but you get those in Stirling.

What is the sauce btw? Is it just like ketchup or something?

Never tried it so won't make any rash judgements but just can't see it beating the glory of having vinegar on a chippie.

Vinegary broon sauce.

Archived