Gordon EF

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn't convinced to start with that they could continue without Ragnar, but this 2nd half of the season has been pretty good so far.

Bjorn's mannerism's are now more and more morphing into Ragnar's (maybe as a consequence of Rollo's news) and Ivar is still a brilliant character, but its a bit disjointed as a dont see where Flokkie in Iceland fits in with everyone else

Spoiler

And Lagertha better turn up again soon, as she is still one of the highlights of the show!!

• 3 weeks later...

So the latest season drew to a close the other night. Whilst I still enjoyed the season I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by it all. The characters are still great and the acting is really quite good but I can't help but feel it's the right decision to end things after season six.

Spoiler

Good to see the end, at least for the time being, of Ivar's reign in Kattegat. I assume that Bjorn's vision means there will be another big battle next time round. The battle itself was one of the few action sequences throughout most of this season and it seemed to be over pretty quickly. Initial attack repealed, "Oh wait there's a secret door, let's go in that way!" I didn't even care that Magnus died in the fighting. Shame we never got to see more of Rollo either after his very brief arrival at the end of the previous season and then he just left. Bizarre. And the whole Iceland tale was just a big meh to me.

Shame to see some decent characters heading out. Bishop Heahmund and Floki met their ends (or maybe not in the case of the latter). 

I enjoyed the season as a whole, not everything hit, but was generally pretty strong throughout. Especially enjoyed the Vikings and Star Wars crossover, which I didn’t see coming:

IMG_8552.jpg

Sons of Ragnar v Darth Maul would be a sensational way to end season 6, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Had watched the first 3 seasons then gave it up for whatever reason.

Started watching it again and last night the Ragnar episode came up. Holy f'ck. I knew what happened to him but it didn't make it any easier to watch.

Is it wrong that Ivar is my new favourite character?

Hopefully finish off part 2 of season 4 shortly and then beast into season 5.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
On 26/01/2018 at 23:03, G_Man1985 said:
Last episode was a good one . I enjoyed it

When I posted this what season would I have been on in january ?

1st half of season 5 (ep 11 "The Revelation" should be the next one)

• 3 months later...