The Hibernian FC European Tour 2013

Lyle Lanley

If anyone doubts what Sodje's saying RE the jury still being out on Fenlon then take a look over on hibs.net. Some right seethers on there have decided he should be out already and are raging. Hard to see how Jambos and others can say that we blindly believe he's amazing as we clearly don't.

Still positive for the new season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone doubts what Sodje's saying RE the jury still being out on Fenlon then take a look over on hibs.net. Some right seethers on there have decided he should be out already and are raging. Hard to see how Jambos and others can say that we blindly believe he's amazing as we clearly don't.

I can only assume the jambo idea of what Hibs fans think and say is decided by some committee first. I can't think of any other feasible way of them coming out with the exact same fantastical, deluded pish all the time :lol:

It worries me that someone at the club chose this guy when you say stuff like this. Worry about stuff like this but he does have his good sides. What else could he have done? Can we put it down to injuries?

I don't really know what he could have done but it looked a shambles. My thoughts are that last season was acceptable to be behind certain teams as their starting base was so much higher. Motherwell had a great squad that had players much better than ours that they had signed before Fenlon arrived on lower money for instance. However its now got to the stage that most teams in the league have had to have a major overhaul. So we can judge Pat Fenlon as we pay the 3rd amount in wages in the league.

I was not expected to beat Malmo over two legs but we should be competing with them. A part time team from ireland took 95+44 mins to concede a goal. Was completely unacceptable tonight. I watched st johnstone lose 2-0 away from home last year and they were really unlucky. Tonight we should have been buried by 5 or 6.

I can only assume the jambo idea of what Hibs fans think and say is decided by some committee first. I can't think of any other feasible way of them coming out with the exact same fantastical, deluded pish all the time :lol:

Haha it's pretty impressive tbh so you have to give them some credit. There are elements of it that are true but if we properly lived up to that image it'd be absolutely brutal.

I don't really know what he could have done but it looked a shambles. My thoughts are that last season was acceptable to be behind certain teams as there starting base was so much higher. Motherwell had a great squad that had players much better than ours that they had signed before Fenlon arrived on lower money for instance. However its now got to the stage that most teams in the league have had to have a major overhaul. So we can judge Pat Fenlon as we pay the 3rd amount in wages in the league.

I was not expected to beat Malmo over two legs but we should be competing with them. A part time team from ireland took 95+44 mins to concede a goal. Was completely unacceptable tonight. I watched st johnstone lose 2-0 away from home last year and they were really unlucky. Tonight we should have been buried by 5 or 6.

Fucks sake that's bad. Well let's hope we can pick this up in the 2nd leg. Remember what happened against Falkirk eh? These things do happen.

No point in sacking him now. The board have to stick with him till his contract runs out. When have hibs fans got a manager sacked/appointed. The board should make that decision based on you would think the extra knowledge they have about the situation. I liked seeing the young players come through last year. LG was good for instances of brilliance. Enjoyed watching Cairney for a while. But most of the football last year was dire.I don't see the point in playing a boring hoof it game. Utterly baffling that at home he would sometimes have 3 holding mids and what seemed like 4 centre halfs.

I feel quite positive about some of the player for next year such as Craig/Harris. I have no faith left in Pat Fenlon now after what I saw tonight.

I'm not Paulo Sergio. I made it clear in my first post I'm Greggy Wallace. I have never had an alias and created this account to respond to a thread about me, and I haven't been banned so I'll continue to post if I'm welcome.

Paulo Sergio has had about 100 different usernames not only on here, but on Kickback. I fear the lad is mentally ill, which is a shame really. :(

You talk fucking mince, chief. :lol:

Yep, it's called Jambos Kickback. I personally think people wanting Fenlon out now are jumping the gun a bit. Let him finish his team and get into the spl games first. If we're sitting 11th and a good few games in then fair enough. His contract is up at the end of the season and I'm not sure he'll be staying any longer than that (unless we somehow finish well in the league/cup win).

He's got to sort out his midfield. We can't go into the season playing with three defensive midfielders, that's been a massive problem since last season ffs! No creativity in the middle means we can't create chances or sustain any pressure on a team and when we go get a break away there's only one or two around or in the box. Mcpake needs benched as well.

Breidablik (Iceland) or Sturm Graz (Austria)

Swansea City (England)

FC Zurich (Switzerland)

FC Honka Espoo (Finland) or Lech Poznan (Poland)

Vitesse (Holland)

FK Jagodina (Serbia) or Rubin Kazan (Russia)

Swansea please :D

Malmø looked the fitter, faster and more skilful side. Vine and Thomson seemed a bit slow, although Thomson showed some class. Read that the team was a bit makeshift. Fans were great though. We were across from them and they sang and danced (bounced) especially in the last 15min right up until the whistle. My missus thought they were better entertainment than the team :D

Hibs will need a big improvement all round to progress. Punting it up to Vine certainly didn't work yesterday. Running at their defence with a noisy home crowd roaring the lads on might help!

Good luck next week.

I honestly think we will win next week. Swansea v Hibs would be fucking tremendous

I admire your optimism mate but it wont happen, replacing a class act like Griffiths with that donkey Rowan Vine shows where Hibs and scottish football is at just now.

Good luck all the same though.

I admire your optimism mate but it wont happen, replacing a class act like Griffiths with that donkey Rowan Vine shows where Hibs and scottish football is at just now.

Good luck all the same though.

Thought Vine was decent last night mate. If we were to end up signing Leigh. Vine and Leigh upfront would be quality :)

Breidablik (Iceland) or Sturm Graz (Austria)

Swansea City (England)

FC Zurich (Switzerland)

FC Honka Espoo (Finland) or Lech Poznan (Poland)

Vitesse (Holland)

FK Jagodina (Serbia) or Rubin Kazan (Russia)

Swansea please :D

Odds are against us to even progress from the current round but if we wanted a winnable tie in the next round if we were able to progress, I'd think Zurich or Lech Poznan would be the 2 best bets although we'd almost certainly lose to any of them... Swansea would provide that "Battle of Britain" aspect and more money than the likes of Rubin, Sturm Graz or Vitesee who'd all hump us.

But it's an uphill struggle to progress anyway.

@bbcsportsound: Hibernian will face Swansea City should they progress to the next qualifying round of the Europa League. #BBCSportsound

Yassssssssss

Come on to f**k Hibs. Please get through

Archived