ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Right, so the next show is Edinburgh on August 25th. ICW have put on one of their best cards for this. Also worth noting that BBC will be there filming for a documentary. Right, the card...

ICW Champion vs. Zero G Champion

Title for Title

Mikey Whiplash vs. Wolfgang

ICW Fierce Females Championship

Last Woman Standing Match

Kay Lee Ray © vs. Carmel

ICW Tag Team Championships
The Bucky Boys © vs. Team CK ( Christopher and Kenneth ) vs. Joe and Mark Coffey vs. Fight Club

Bra and Panties Match

Nikki Storm vs. Lea Owens

Sabu vs. Jack Jester

Grado vs. Colt Cabana

Noam Dar vs. Andy Wild

NAK will be in the house.

Edited by DomDom

Updated the card up the page there.

Also, and this is brilliant, September 1st will see ICW return to Maryhill Community Halls for the first time since September 2010. Tickets will be a tenner and on sale from Rufus T's and Solid Rock from Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Right.

Grado beat Colt Cabana with a stunner. A really fun match with some cracking comedy in it. Cabana seemed to really enjoy himself.

Nikki Storm beat Leah Owens in a Bra and Panties match. I just ignored this one.

James Scott and Jimmy Havoc drew as one tapped and the other was pinned at the same time. They and Rhino go at it in a three way dance at the ABC as a result. Not a bad match. Crowd was a bit flat for it.

NAK won the tag team titles in the four way after attacking Team CK. Amazing match this with all four teams looking brilliant. All eight men just beat the shit out of each other and the action was fast and furious.

Andy Wild beat Solar in a really good match. Solar is over as f**k.

Kay Lee Ray beat Carmel in the Last Woman Standing in what was the best match of the night. An absolutely mental match and a proper war.

Mikey Whiplash beat Wolfgang to retain his own heavyweight crown and win the Zero G title. Not quite as good as I expected it to be, but a really good outing.

Jack Jester beat Sabu in a brutal main event which gave the fans what they were wanting.

So yeah, amazing show.

Right, so ICW return a week on Saturday at the old ICW Arena at Maryhill Community Halls. Two biggish matches confirmed.

ICW Zero G Championship

Mikey Whiplash © vs. Mark Coffey

Team MC Simon Cassidy ( Solar, David Campbell Thomson and Grado ) vs. Team MC Tommy ( Lewis Girvan, Mike Musso and Euan G. Mackie )

Sunday night was my first ICW event and have to say I really enjoyed it, pretty sure I'll be back. Colt Cabana V Grado was hilarious and was really surprised to see it on first. Really enjoyed Kay Lee Ray and Carmel, possibly my favourite match of the night. Brutal at times. Was impressed by Solar and thought James Scott carried himself well. Tag match was very enjoyable if a little convoluted at the end. Amazing to see Sabu in the flesh.

Couple of things I didn't like. Was that the Owens messing about on the landing during the championship match? Offering to flash the crowd while Whiplash and Wolfgang going at it hammer and tong? I thought their conduct was outrageously disrespectful to the guys in the ring and would like to think someone has had a word. Main gripe though was the time. While it was enjoyable and they were trying to squeeze loads in, 4 hours was far too long, especially with that Mark Dallas/ Dave bit. No need for the band either, intermission seemed to last forever. As a result of the show not finishing until half 11, half the crowd had left to get the last bus/train home to their mum's houses which had a definite effect on the atmosphere towards the end.

However, very enjoyable show overall and for those that have never been to an ICW show or are unaware of the product it's highly recommended, and a refreshing change from WWE/TNAwful.

Oh, and met Grado and got my photo taken with him :thumsup2

Oh aye, forgot about Leah Owens during that match! Can't say I was impressed with that. The band went on a bit long, but I enjoyed them a bit, so didn't really care. :P They also dealt with the impatient fans fairly well, just taking it on the chin.

ICW Zero G Championship

Mikey Whiplash © vs. Mark Coffey

ICW Tag Team Championships

NAK ( BT Gunn and Chris Renfrew ) © vs. Team CK ( Christopher and Kenneth )

James Scott vs. Any former ICW wrestler

Jack Jester vs. Joe Coffey

Wolfgang vs. Any former ICW wrestler

Team MC Simon Cassidy ( Solar, David Campbell Thomson and Grado ) vs. Team MC Tommy ( Lewis Girvan, Mike Musso and Euan G. Mackie )

This is for a week tonight at the Maryhill Community Halls.

Edited by DomDom

Results from last night.

Mark Coffey df. Mikey Whiplash to win the ICW Zero G Championship.

Team Smiddy df. Team Tommy

NAK df. Team CK to retain the ICW Tag Team Championships.

James Scott df. Rob Cage.

Wolfgang df. Red Lightning.

Jack Jester df. Joe Coffey.

A nostalgia show mainly, but it was a lot of fun, and Scott/Cage was stunning.