ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

What a waste of the Square Go contract 😂  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the suspense of the moment and it was the right result but they could have at least got a decent story or even a match out of it. 

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's show. The pre-F&L shows have tended to be some of the best Fight Clubs the last few years and, while I wasn't sure how good it would be leading up to it, last night's show was another good one. 

Nothing (apart from Aaron Echo) bores me more in ICW than the Kinky Party (though Sha Samuels crowd-surfing and the crowd collapsing under him was very funny). Hope the Kings of the North, and Adam Maxted, beat them and they finally split up. 

Could watch Mark Coffey v Josh Terry regularly. 

I liked the story of the  Viper match, and the result, and I rate Angel Hayze a lot. This match and the women's title segment shows how desperate ICW are for new women's talent though. 

More than Hype are class and that was an excellent 6-man tag, even if I'd have much preferred MTH to go over. 

Cannot believe Andy Wild was jobbed to Iestyn Rees. Fucking hell. 

The 10 man tag was some chaotic fun. Looking forward to all their respective matches at F&L. 

Coach Trip and Jason Reed's 'We are the People' gimmick could be thoroughly entertaining if done right. 

Grado v Ravie Davie's lumberjack match has the potential to be comical or a complete disaster. Probably the match I'm least looking forward to this weekend. 

Luca De' Pazzi v Ian Skinner felt very misplaced being on the go-home show for the biggest event of the year. It was 'fine' but could easily have done without it. 

Kenny v Noam was really good until the shenanigans at the end. 

Very much enjoyed the Stevie Boy and Joe Coffey shenanigans too. 

As others have said, the crowd was desperately small but thought it was actually one of the best shows in terms of atmosphere for a while. Crowd were up for it and less wanks in the crowd than normal. 

My first F&L this weekend despite being an ICW regular for about three years now. Looking forward to it! 

Edited by airdrieman

13 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Maybe a daft question here but what’s it like at an ICW event? Thinking about going on Saturday and dragging along the wife who isn’t really a wrestling fan. Never been before so haven’t a clue what to expect.

Not a daft question!

It's like being a gig, but with more fan interaction. 

20 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Maybe a daft question here but what’s it like at an ICW event? Thinking about going on Saturday and dragging along the wife who isn’t really a wrestling fan. Never been before so haven’t a clue what to expect.

At the bigger show the absolute roaster content can be quite high, but you'll suss who they are pretty quickly. If you're standing tell the Mrs to wear comfy trainers as you'll be in your feet for a good 4 hours or so. It, flows pretty well though and you'll always get pretty much a few guaranteed bangers of matches. Just remember to boo Aaron Echo...

Grado had a huge run to the top in 2015 and the crowd (including me and @Stellaboz) went fucking mental for him and we were both close to tears when he won (to be fair we were both incredibly drunk; our pal drove us home, and I had to ask him to pull over not long after to spew then passed out in the back seat until I was dropped off on the Kingsway, and seemingly Boz stayed out until Aberdeen, including staying unconscious when I was dropped off; that weekend was amazing and genuinely one of the best of my life) werwere mental for him.

Since he lost the title (I was seething; Boz and our pal bet me at the Square Go he would lose it; I said otherwise and ended up our £20) he hasn't been near the top of ICW. 

I know he's done loads in TNA but why has the crowd been so apathetic to him since? I realise the lack of 'Like A Prayer' has affected him but it's been back recently.

Anyway, the guy should win the Square Go.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Grado had a huge run to the top in 2015 and the crowd (including me and @Stellaboz) went fucking mental for him and we were both close to tears when he won (to be fair we were both incredibly drunk; our pal drove us home, and I had to ask him to pull over not long after to spew then passed out in the back seat until I was dropped off on the Kingsway, and seemingly Boz stayed out until Aberdeen, including staying unconscious when I was dropped off; that weekend was amazing and genuinely one of the best of my life) werwere mental for him.

Since he lost the title (I was seething; Boz and our pal bet me at the Square Go he would lose it; I said otherwise and ended up our £20) he hasn't been near the top of ICW. 

I know he's done loads in TNA but why has the crowd been so apathetic to him since? I realise the lack of 'Like A Prayer' has affected him but it's been back recently.

Anyway, the guy should win the Square Go.

Maybe just a bit stale? He's being doing the same schtick for a long, long time now. He's a great performer, but maybe not a credible threat to the top lads.