ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

ICW are in a bit of a trough at the moment, and they know it. 

The talent they had from 2014 until the biggest names were signed up was mental. Drew, Damo, Tommy End, Lionheart, Noam, Kenny Williams, Whiplash, Wolfgang, Joe Hendry,  Polo, Sha, DCT, Jimmy Havoc, Grado, Joe Coffey, BT Gunn, Renfrew, Darkside, Kid Fite, Jester, Liam Thomson, Bucky Boys, Kay Lee Ray, Viper, Carmel, Nikki Storm; a ludicrously talented roster that culminated in Fear and Loathing 2015. Remember as well the talent that came in for shows, such as Devitt, Kurt Angle, Ricochet, Rhyno, Mysterio, Foley, Nash etc.

A lot of those wrestlers are still here, but many aren't as over as they were, which in part is due to the company not being as over as it was. It's a bit of a down for them now, due to the WWE shit, which is affecting all wrestling in the UK. I think folk need to be patient for a couple of years while ICW builds up new stars. It's so hard for any company to lose so many of its top talents in such a short period. ICW need to build more guys. They have a lot coming through so hopefully a lot of them will get over.

Would love to see them running the SECC again, and I think that should be their goal to do so within 2 years.

If you get the chance make sure you check out Stevie Boy v Andy Wild from last night's Fight Club. Was fucking superb. Kings of Catch v Kings of the North was (unsurprisingly) excellent too. Some brilliant announcements for F&L - looking forward to all three matches that were announced last night. Especially Good Housekeeping 3! And looks like we'll be getting Kings of the North v Kinky Party at Fear & Loathing also. 

The place was dead though. I got in just as Billy Kirkwood was finishing his usual spiel and ended up in the second row behind the barrier. Would never have happened a couple of years ago. 

23 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Will be a class match but utterly pointless. Why have a guy who works full time for another company in the title match. 

He's still in ICW a fair bit tbh. Certainly hasn't stopped them putting the title on someone before. 

Don't see it happening this time though. Can see them keeping the title on Stevie for a while.

1 hour ago, Warren Mears said:

He's still in ICW a fair bit tbh. Certainly hasn't stopped them putting the title on someone before. 

Don't see it happening this time though. Can see them keeping the title on Stevie for a while.

I concur, imagine hell still have it at the square go. He's a great talent and sadly unlikely to be picked up by a bigger company despite being miles better than many "signed" wrestlers.

Leyton Buzzard is on the verge I think. Really popular and has it all at the moment. Kez Evans can be a top heel if booked right, as he's a great bad guy and a good wrestler. Liam Thomson's popularity probably means he's close to the top spots, and he's main eventing night one against Wolfgang. If Alexander Dean is a regular from this point, he'll be a tremendous bad guy and really needs to be beating Aaron Echo at FNL. They're doing their best with Andy Wild. As good as he is, I've never really got behind him. He just lacks something character wise.

There's a group of guys who could break through really.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this poster and thought that looked pretty good for a card. Of course it's over two nights so a tad misleading not knowing what night's what.

image.thumb.png.75be77d329330906404baaf24383e8fe.png

Night 1

Zero G Championship/Good Housekeeping Match: Liam Thomson (c) v. Wolfgang
Tag Team Championship: Kings of Catch (c) v. The Purge
Women's World Championship: Kasey Owens (c) v. #1 Contender Winner (Aivil or Isla Dawn)
BT Gunn v. Sami Callihan
Grado v. Ravie Davie
The Kinky Party v. The Kings of the North
Aaron Echo v. Alexander Dean
Noam Dar appearance

Night 2

World Heavyweight Championship: Stevie Boy (c) v. Joe Coffey
Glasgow Street Fight: Kid Fite v. Paul Robinson
Noam Dar v. Kieran Kelly v. Leyton Buzzard
The Nine9 v. The Fite Network
2/3 Falls Match: Mark Coffey v. Andy Wild
Square Go Qualifying Match: Sam Barbour v. Alexander Darwin Macallan v. Levi Justice v. Jason Reed and 6 others

Viper and Kay Lee Ray announced with no matches yet.

EDIT: To add Mark Coffey v. Andy Wild 2/3 falls match on Night 2. 01/10/2019

Edited by FairWeatherFan

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

What went down with Joe Coffey?

He attacked Stevie Boy and went after his leg after coming through the crowd. Loads of people came down, including Mark Dallas, who Joe Coffey slapped. Canny do the angle justice and the crowd was MOLTEN for it.