ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Agreed. I remember he did several dark matches for WWE but actually got a wee buzz when him and Joe Hendry trapped on Monday night Raw as Rusev's Russian embassy to give him his award.

What a fucking tragic shame - you always got the impression his entire career was a legit rollercoaster from top, to rock bottom, to career threatening injuries and eventually his redemption back to the top of ICW. 

Terrible for the guy's family and terrible that his life has been cut so short.

We may have said he was a fanny, but by all accounts he seems to be very widely regarded as a good c**t.  

Unbelievably sad situation and I really feel for the guys at ICW. They really are a family. 

Hopefully he is a peace now from whatever was troubling him, poor bugger. RIP Lionheart. 

4 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

We may have said he was a fanny, but by all accounts he seems to be very widely regarded as a good c**t.  

Unbelievably sad situation and I really feel for the guys at ICW. They really are a family. 

Hopefully he is a peace now from whatever was troubling him, poor bugger. RIP Lionheart. 

Guys like Lionheart, Kid Fite, Lightning, BT Gunn, Galloway, Jester and Wolfgang were and are the foundation of wrestling here and inspiration for just about every wrestler to come out of Scotland in the last decade. They built what has become a thriving scene in this country. 

As you said, you always get the feeling that they are such tight knit guys. 

Absolutely beyond heartbreaking. Found out last night in work and I've felt numb since then. I didn't know him personally but he always came across as a cracking bloke.  The way everybody has spoken so highly of him, both on a personal and professional level, only goes to illustrate that. Not only a terrific performer but an excellent coach and lovely person as well and someone who always reached out to the others in the locker room and did what he could to help them. I really feel for all his friends and colleagues in ICW and the wider wrestling business. They're a tight-knit bunch and they must be feeling tremendous pain and loss. 

Anything I'll say sounds hollow in comparison to what those who knew him will be feeling but I only got back into wrestling in late 2016 and made my first foray into Scottish wrestling then too. His feud with Joe Hendry (and this promo) hooked me on ICW and this story and these two guys in particular. It felt real, visceral, violent, emotional and passionate. Exactly everything you'd want in a wrestling feud to build towards the match(es). Lionheart was one of the best on the scene at getting you invested. If it wasn't for him I genuinely still might not be as big a fan as I am today. His feud with Jackie Polo/Just Justice too was also top-drawer. 

RIP Adrian. My thoughts and love are with all of your family, friends and colleagues. 

Been seeing stuff like this all day. Heartbreaking but sit with a smile watching these guys just enjoying themselves and being mates.

This has hit me a lot harder than any wrestling death I can remember and it's hard to put into words but here goes.

I first started going ICW back in the Classic Grand days and guys like Noam Dar, Wolfgang, BT Gunn and Lionheart were some of the big guns. Looking back on it and the talent in that tiny wee building with 150-200 people in it, it was like lightning in a bottle to get so much talent in such a small venue and you couldn't help but be emotionally invested in them.

You felt a bit of pride when guys like Dar, Damo, Nikki Storm, Wolfie etc all got to move on to bigger audiences and reap the rewards of their work. I remember feeling dreadful reading about Lionheart's injury vs AJ Styles and honestly, that level of emotional investment in these guys and girls isn't something that you get nearly as often whilst watching guys on WWE. Where you are genuinely delighted for their successes and genuinely gutted about their setbacks.

Me and my mates, ICW was our thing, once a month on a Sunday, in the Grand or the Garage before it really caught on big time and when it started gathering momentum, you were just over the moon as it fucking deserved a bigger audience, it deserved recognition and you would be chuffed for every single one of them. It sort of ran it's natural course for us after FAL9 and we sort of fell away but we had 4 brilliant years of entertainment.

So to see a guy like Lionheart gone so young, in such awful circumstances...a guy who was one of many stories (in and out the ring) that you followed, loved, hated, cheered, booed but ultimately always wanted to see go as high as possible, is really, really painful in a way that I didn't think could be for someone I don't actually know.

Noam Dars Twitter post is heart breaking yet beautiful. Hard to read, but lovely.

Seems the guy touched a lot of people over the years. Having been away from Glasgow I missed the ICW boat, though, I was a few years above Drew at school so always kept my eye on what was happening and who was who.

My pals who have gone to ICW over the years have, to a person, taken this hard. Very very sad.

On 26/06/2019 at 23:03, diamond_for_life said:

interesting partnership 

E259F0A5-3B4F-407F-91FE-4F167BF1A3AC.jpeg

I think Dallas is vice-chairman or has at least some role on the committee. Not sure exactly what his role will entail though. I guess he could help to bring in sponsorship and find, maintain and improve new and current revenue streams.  I'd seen that Maryhill had been in a bit of bother and Dallas and some of the other ICW originals shared a link to a GoFundMe page to help them out. They'll have obviously paid money for the sponsorship itself too so that's a nice touch. Show at Lochburn Park coming soon IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...