ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

- The owner announces 4 shows at the fringe in August on consecutive Sundays, all featuring Colt Cabana

I arrived a bit late and missed the announcement's details but assumed it was to do with Colt after the Irn Bru/Star of David picture they posted. I'm gutted it's in Edinburgh again, bringing Sabu back for a Glasgow show was genius but bringing Cabana back only for the Fringe sucks a bit.

Surprised they haven't booked any Glasgow shows for the tour. Might need to see about going because missing him again would suck.

Cabana would be doing fringe shows either way so that's why he'll be there there.

Was going to say, it's probably costing them a pittance.

I'm going to try and get one of these in soon as well, I've known about it since the start but been skeptical until I saw the BBC documentary. I'm out of love with wrestling in general but Grado is brilliant and has got me interested again.

The thing is, once you get there Grado almost feels like a side act and everything else takes over.

That might be the best bit Dallas seems to have done with it. He's got someone that will start people off in Grado, who seems like an absolute legend. From there on in, people might say "He looks fucking hilarious, I'll go check that out" and before you know it they're along going mental. It's good to see something which started so small seems to be bringing in some well known names from the past, while keeping its identity.

It'll be interesting over the next 6 months or so to see how the BBC documentary has an impact on how they do in terms of attendances.

That might be the best bit Dallas seems to have done with it. He's got someone that will start people off in Grado, who seems like an absolute legend. From there on in, people might say "He looks fucking hilarious, I'll go check that out" and before you know it they're along going mental. It's good to see something which started so small seems to be bringing in some well known names from the past, while keeping its identity.

It'll be interesting over the next 6 months or so to see how the BBC documentary has an impact on how they do in terms of attendances.

With the normal mental British fans attending WM and Raw the night after, it'll be interesting to see whether there are any Grado/ICW chants.

If they keep going to the ABC, then it'll be straight sellouts from here on out.

I'm not sure where the next venue up is. Academy tends to be the one for normal gigs but would that work for wrestling? If there's a place that could host it and do 1500 tickets then they could certainly get most of that if they booked a couple of the big American wrestlers.

If they keep going to the ABC, then it'll be straight sellouts from here on out.

I'm not sure where the next venue up is. Academy tends to be the one for normal gigs but would that work for wrestling? If there's a place that could host it and do 1500 tickets then they could certainly get most of that if they booked a couple of the big American wrestlers.

We were discussing this last week. The Barrowlands was touted but is surely far too small. The Academy seems to be the next logical step in terms of size, but after that, the jump up in venue size within Glasgow is far too big.

We were discussing this last week. The Barrowlands was touted but is surely far too small. The Academy seems to be the next logical step in terms of size, but after that, the jump up in venue size within Glasgow is far too big.

I'm sure for gigs, the Academy is double the size of the ABC (or at least that's what I've heard). I'm pretty sure the Barrowlands is smaller than the Academy (no idea if it's bigger than the ABC).

Are any of the halls at the SECC not huge? Apart from those, the only ones I can think of is the Hydro, Braehead Arena which are obviously massive.

With the normal mental British fans attending WM and Raw the night after, it'll be interesting to see whether there are any Grado/ICW chants.

That would be brilliant! It would be fantastic to hear an "It's yerself" chant!

On a similar note, I wonder where they'll do their shows for Edinburgh this summer. The Picture House closed earlier this year to be turned into the glory that is a Wetherspoons pub :angry:.

That would be brilliant! It would be fantastic to hear an "It's yerself" chant!

On a similar note, I wonder where they'll do their shows for Edinburgh this summer. The Picture House closed earlier this year to be turned into the glory that is a Wetherspoons pub :angry:.

It's in Studio 42. A nightclub. A smaller venue than the PH, but will draw a far larger aggregate audience over the 4 weeks, I'd imagine.

Studio 42 was not big enough. Could barely do moves from the top rope as it was so near the roof.

Surprised it's going back there tbh considering how successful the product has become.

Studio 42 was not big enough. Could barely do moves from the top rope as it was so near the roof.

Surprised it's going back there tbh considering how successful the product has become.

I'd imagine it was relatively short notice given that they were relying on the PH being available and almost everywhere else will be booked out for Edinburgh during the fringe.

• 4 weeks later...

Gutted I've missed the past couple of shows due to travelling through to Glasgow and back for them, but I've caught up through ICW Worldwide. Gutted that I couldn't see Devitt again, the boy is shit hot, will be disappointing if he does sign for WWE and doesn't do indies anymore. BT Gunn's chops just seem to be getting nastier and nastier every time I see them, he's f***ing relentless with them!

Got my tickets for Up and Atom and will definitely be getting the season ticket for the Fringe to see Cabana again.