ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

One thing I would never have issue with is the Lionheart League. He was their champion at the time of his tragic death. Naming a number one contenders tournament after him can’t be criticised. The other stuff mentioned on here about them using his images I had no idea about and if that’s the case it’s actually quite harrowing they would hide behind that to minimise the criticism aimed their way.

I follow Sha Samuels on Twitter and I see he won the number one contender spot he has just signed with NXT UK too. Really really pleased for him he is a guy I’ve always liked and wanted to succeed. He looks in great shape too certainly been putting the work in.

Other than that the only other thing I’ve seen about ICW is the stupid rangers promos pop on my Twitter and couldn’t be any more against that shite.

I was an absolute ICW junkie straight after my first ever show which was the square go a few years back. I still want a lot of the wrestlers to go on to bigger and better things. As for ICW as a company though I still feel the way i did after the very first story about them came out. 

On 16/02/2021 at 09:07, diamond_for_life said:

One thing I would never have issue with is the Lionheart League. He was their champion at the time of his tragic death. Naming a number one contenders tournament after him can’t be criticised. The other stuff mentioned on here about them using his images I had no idea about and if that’s the case it’s actually quite harrowing they would hide behind that to minimise the criticism aimed their way.

I follow Sha Samuels on Twitter and I see he won the number one contender spot he has just signed with NXT UK too. Really really pleased for him he is a guy I’ve always liked and wanted to succeed. He looks in great shape too certainly been putting the work in.

Other than that the only other thing I’ve seen about ICW is the stupid rangers promos pop on my Twitter and couldn’t be any more against that shite.

I was an absolute ICW junkie straight after my first ever show which was the square go a few years back. I still want a lot of the wrestlers to go on to bigger and better things. As for ICW as a company though I still feel the way i did after the very first story about them came out. 

Me too. The worst thing is how they're going about their business after literally no consequences from #SpeakingOut. No list of wrestlers or talent who will no longer be booked by them, no safeguarding policy, no independent safeguarding or welfare officers, NOTHING about who's going to be running the training schools they're affiliated to despite an outed groomer training many of their talent and appearing on cards himself and no change whatsoever in who's running the show and ultimately the culture in and around the company. I suppose we won't really know how strongly they'll come back until attendances are permitted but the usual bootlickers seem to still be desperately hanging around judging by their Twitter and Facebook threads. They really could just wait it out until it all blew over eh? Sad. 

The all steel cage gimmick was a slog when TNA did it in front of fans, never mind in front of nobody. Really don’t see the point. 

Apparently the Progress show tonight (whilst built around a lot of new talent) was really dull. 

16 hours ago, airdrieman said:

The worst thing is how they're going about their business after literally no consequences from #SpeakingOut. No list of wrestlers or talent who will no longer be booked by them, no safeguarding policy, no independent safeguarding or welfare officers, NOTHING about who's going to be running the training schools they're affiliated to despite an outed groomer training many of their talent and appearing on cards himself and no change whatsoever in who's running the show and ultimately the culture in and around the company. 

I've just ventured into their socials for the first time in a fair old while and you're right, they've just ducked, hid and hoped it will blow over. Just crappy behaviour. Wonder what alias the usual ICW lurkers on this thread are using now?

18 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The all steel cage gimmick was a slog when TNA did it in front of fans, never mind in front of nobody. Really don’t see the point. 

Apparently the Progress show tonight (whilst built around a lot of new talent) was really dull. 

It seems almost like a practical joke at ICW and TNA/Impact's expense. And I know it's not really the point but ICW shows being produced purely for the WWE network and with no fans sounds absolutely soulless. It will be NXT UK-lite, which isn't a complement, but with even less talent that people give a shit about. Completely pointless like you say. 

Progress, quite rightly, were taking a lot of flak for not confirming or denying whether Paul Robinson (named in #SpeakingOut) produced the show. Progress have implemented some changes to be fair to them but it's depressing that guys like Robinson can still get work and we're not really much further forward than where we were last summer. Seems like there's no company you can trust. 

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I've just ventured into their socials for the first time in a fair old while and you're right, they've just ducked, hid and hoped it will blow over. Just crappy behaviour. Wonder what alias the usual ICW lurkers on this thread are using now?

The worst thing is, Dallas, Toal, Scott Reid et al, obviously don't give a f**k about what happened or about what people like us are saying about them. Knowing that they've got away with it and that people are talking about shit about them probably just boosts their egos and adds to their sense of notoriety and edginess they think they and ICW have. 

On 22/02/2021 at 17:41, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Progress finally admit that Robinson was a producer at the tapings.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/02/22/progress-wrestling-confirms-paul-robinson-worked-recent-tapings/

7 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Can’t even go one show without booking  a literal nonce. The industry really never will get better will it? I don’t blame the talent and f**k Progress for throwing them under the bus. One of the main problems in the industry and why abuse has been so rife is the power dynamic between abusers and the abused and also talent with clout vs younger talent. I mean, if it came down to it - who were Progress going to book? Paul Robinson or somebody like Big Guns Joe or Alexxis Falcon? I don’t blame them and A) having talent decide whether or not somebody should be there is not a robust safeguarding policy (or one at all) and B) they obviously weren’t comfortable what with the news of Robinson being there being leaked. 

There’s a number of concerns there. Firstly, they don’t even apologise or say they won’t be using Robinson going forward. Secondly, if a child groomer is passing your vetting process then your vetting process isn’t stringent enough. And lastly, if Paul fucking Robinson (of all people) is getting booked less than year after #SpeakingOut then how many others are going to slip through the radar? 

Somebody raze British wrestling to the ground please. And aye that statement definitely reeks of Briley...

• 1 month later...

Did anyone ever give this mob another go? 

Only reason I’m asking is because it popped up on my Twitter that Kez Evans cashed in the briefcase to win the Zero G title from  Craig Anthony? 

Sorry but nae idea who Craig Anthony is and since when did the briefcase get cashed in for that? I haven’t been watching it I forgot Kez Evans won the Square Go that was the last show I ever went to. Hated that show too with shitey feign injury 

Edited by diamond_for_life

Craig Anthony was pretty impressive in more than just ICW before the shut down tbh, and had an absolute beezer with Daz Black at that time. Not seen nearly as much of Daz Black. I've not seen THIS match though.

My only real curiosity at this point lies with what happens with the main title, because I'm certain Kez Evans cashed in this one because there wasn't another option.

23 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

No, and won't in the future. Horrible roster now on top of the roll call of problems at the top of the company. They've had all the money and interest they will ever get from myself. Would also be happy to see this thread binned or changed to a general British Wrestling one.

Edited by cb_diamond

On 15/04/2021 at 21:26, cb_diamond said:

No, and won't in the future. Horrible roster now on top of the roll call of problems at the top of the company. They've had all the money and interest they will ever get from myself. Would also be happy to see this thread binned or changed to a general British Wrestling one.

Likewise. Not to mention they've made no effort to clean up their act at all and clearly hold those that want them to in contempt. I'll be curious to see what the effect of everything that's gone on has on their crowds. They were already on a sharp decline but they haven't really got much blowback at all online (apart from initially) and a lot of the usual sycophantic die-hards still seem to hang on to every word Dallas says. I expect they'll still be quite low but hold relatively steady (sadly). 

On 14/04/2021 at 21:46, diamond_for_life said:

Only reason I’m asking is because it popped up on my Twitter that Kez Evans cashed in the briefcase to win the Zero G title from  Craig Anthony? 

Sorry but nae idea who Craig Anthony is and since when did the briefcase get cashed in for that? I haven’t been watching it I forgot Kez Evans won the Square Go that was the last show I ever went to. Hated that show too with shitey feign injury 

On 14/04/2021 at 21:50, Andre Drazen said:

Craig Anthony was pretty impressive in more than just ICW before the shut down tbh, and had an absolute beezer with Daz Black at that time. Not seen nearly as much of Daz Black. I've not seen THIS match though.

My only real curiosity at this point lies with what happens with the main title, because I'm certain Kez Evans cashed in this one because there wasn't another option.

I don't know much about Craig Anthony but a few people I know who are/were mad into the Scottish indy scene rated him highly. I do know, however, that he is the brother of Chris Millar (ex Morton and St Johnstone) if you want some useless trivia/a Scottish football link. 

I obviously don't know the storylines or backstage situation anymore but cashing in on the Zero-G seems a waste of the Square Go concept. If there's a reason for it (the pandemic and Dar's WWE commitments ?) then fair enough but, if not, and you just don't want Kez to be your champion or even challenging for it, then.. don't give him the briefcase? Or if you do, I'm sure you could have waited a few months until you could play out a story with the top title. 

• 3 weeks later...

PCW's first show back - poster with Bram front and centre. Never change British wrestling! The amount of 'he's a good guy really' rehabilitation ICW and other British wrestlers across the scene used to do still pisses me off.  

6 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Anywhere I can find this poster? Interested to see if there's any other questionable shit going on there. There's certainly been names that I've worried about them in particular using given enough time.

I think they night have taken it down. The new one put up still has Kamille on it, so people are asking if they just took him off the poster but still on the card.

EDIT: original and updated version

Edited by FairWeatherFan