ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

59 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Scottish wrestling needs a reboot and a load of these need a criminal record.

Hopefully some people have actually followed up on these allegations with the police. Both on the victims side and the police becoming aware from social media if they hadn't been contacted.

When it comes to training i've seen people say that trainers should be in the PVG scheme. PVG doesn't need convictions to rule out people from working with children or vulnerable groups, but there does need to be some level of investigation (police, social services etc) that would be vetted against and determined if that information would be disclosable for the job role.

Its also going to help keep these predators from working in other areas outside the wrestling business. Its one thing blackballing *insert gimmick name here* from wrestling and them going off to work with kids in another environment under their real name for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I've missed anything but are ICW pretty much the only company in Scotland (maybe the UK) who has people involved in what has happened and haven't publicly distanced themselves from them? I've not seen a peep from them about Kid Fite/Girvan etc . They've had a mare with this.

21 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Don't know if I've missed anything but are ICW pretty much the only company in Scotland (maybe the UK) who has people involved in what has happened and haven't publicly distanced themselves from them? I've not seen a peep from them about Kid Fite/Girvan etc . They've had a mare with this.

Was just about to post the same thing. 

As far as I know they are the only company, or at least major promotion, who haven't said ANYTHING about the steps they are taking going forward to protect wrestlers, performers or fans, what safeguarding measures they will put in place or which talent they are letting go with immediate effect. Given the number of ICW wrestlers and personnel that were named and the scale of their crimes and indiscretions, that is absolutely pitiful. I know Progress came out to bat early and made a hash of things, but to say nothing after this length of time is disgraceful. Kid Fite, Joe Coffey and Lewis Girvan have all been emptied by various other promotions. Given that accusations are still coming out about ICW, the radio silence from the company and all their top brass, is a disgrace and speaks volumes. 

Edited to add: I know they mentioned installing talent as safeguarding officers but that's piss poor IMO because talent policing themselves has been part of the problem in the first place. 

Edited by airdrieman

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Was just about to post the same thing. 

As far as I know they are the only company, or at least major promotion, who haven't said ANYTHING about the steps they are taking going forward to protect wrestlers, performers or fans, what safeguarding measures they will put in place or which talent they are letting go with immediate effect. Given the number of ICW wrestlers and personnel that were named and the scale of their crimes and indiscretions, that is absolutely pitiful. I know Progress came out to bat early and made a hash of things, but to say nothing after this length of time is disgraceful. Kid Fite, Joe Coffey and Lewis Girvan have all been emptied by various other promotions. Given that accusations are still coming out about ICW, the radio silence from the company and all their top brass, is a disgrace and speaks volumes. 

Edited to add: I know they mentioned installing talent as safeguarding officers but that's piss poor IMO because talent policing themselves has been part of the problem in the first place. 

Agree that Progress ballsed it badly initially, but then did the right thing with both their new setup and by emptying Ligero, Banks etc.

It's maybe for legal reasons that ICW are keeping schtum at this point as by the sound of some of the accusations doing the rounds a few of them could be in serious bother and it seems the police are aware of allegations. When there are some of the absolute dyed in the wool cliquey front row fans turning on them, particularly on twitter, you know it's curtains for them as the core of the fan base is gone and the likes of Grado, Dar etc unless they are implicated will (I imagine) not work for them again. Christ, I saw the snapmare necks fella accusing someone of sexually assaulting him. That's how bad this whole thing is.

It just keeps going ffs. Really poor they’ve been dead quiet since the original “statement”. Not really kept up to date with wrestling at all in the last few years but disgusted at the names involved.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

By all accounts he's done a cut and run on ICW, so doubt you'll be getting a reply anytime soon!

Just came on to say that this is exactly what I heard too. As well as a petty "this is what you wanted" type thing.

The Bedlam Report: WTF ICW!!!

By Dr Bedlam

Greetings my loyal readers, different place, same old doc. 

When I started this I vowed to only focus on the I ring product, storylines and such, for

the most part I stuck by that promise (except for some notable exceptions) 

Now for a bit of a disclaimer, everything that follows is merely my opinion and how I personally

see things and not presenting any of this as fact, this is first and foremost, as always only my opinion

I have been an ICW fan for almost a decade, I seen it turn from a small promotion in a community

hall to holding events at the Hydro and everything inbetween. Dallas was living the dream many of us had (including myself) this is what is making the companies attitude over the years, especially lately even harder to bear

Other companies have dealt with the allegations arising from the speaking out movement in

various ways, some doing more than others, ICW, supposedly one of the big players in the scene and one that has accusations against not just wrestlers but staff too has remained strangely silent save a couple of very vague posts that uses alot jargon that

sounds really good but in reality means very little, infact the statement that basicly said they will not and have never tolerated that type of behaviour rang hollow when you consider what I know, especially about the saga involving their graphic designer

as you will soon see for youself later

Now Dallas I fully understand this is a difficult time for you, you have a young family, I'm

a parent too, your only one of many promoters, the most you can do with some is not book them again, but it's not just the in ring talent as we will see that's the issue here and simply telling someone just go to the police with accusations, that's a dangerous

road to go and you know it, just because they don't go to the police doesn't automatically mean its untrue, indeed it might have been difficult enough for some to speak out at all and the prospect of going to the police, potential court appearances may still

be a daunting prospect and other companies, from small ones like discovery to even the big ones like WWE have taken action, named people, sacked/ suspended/ rehabbed/ refused to work with particular wrestlers so what makes ICW so bloody special and different

in this regard? Are you genuinely saying you have looked at all these accusations and not seen one person you have thought "well not booking or employing them anymore"? Really? Not one? 

I remember the first time I really started to question how the company was being run was with

the apparent firing of the main graphic designer (I refuse to use his name) for some pretty horrible things I won't say what, others have covered this way better than I would, I know of a few other designers who were superior in talent and moral compass he

could have brought in.. Instead the guy they just sacked is brought back in quietly under the guise of a new company, the whole situation stunk and tbh that you could get lost down the rabbit hole with that one incident, but I have serious suspicions I will

keep to myself.. For the time being but I will say this even if only a fraction of what the guy was accused of was true, he'd have no business being in the company, backstage or even in the ring. My personal opinion.. And it is only my opinion, the guy is

a shit stain on arse of ICW and if I had my way he'd be gone from not just ICW but wrestling in general

When I complained about the state of ICW's security, I was meaning their apparent inability

to protect fans from errant blows from wrestlers, not that one of the senior members of it was apparently preying on fans and trainees, this was someone put in a position of trust and to abuse that for his own gains.. Unforgivable, how he and the shit stain

mentioned above even still have jobs is shocking in my opinion 

Now as for talent bully/abusing and generally being nasty to other talent, one esample is

varied reports there is quite the clique in what is laughingly called ICWs women's division, ( I was actually going to do a special on this asking why so few women featured and why some talents like Nikki Storm didn't get a title run or at least consistent

pushes… Well now we all know.. Don't we?) of course this isn't just a women's division problem, it's just a very fresh example but you need to remind them of the famous words of Mr Spock "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.. Or the one" take

command, your the bloody boss and if they don't like it fine, no one wrestler is bigger than the company, sure some fans may be disappointed but they will get over it. Same for talent who can't wait till after their match to indulge in whatever vices they

wish be it drink or drugs, crack down on them, remind them who is in charge and that this is a business which relies on all competitors having trust in each other, does there need to be a serious accident in the ring before real action is taken? 

The rumors and accusations that go on at after parties, especially at the asylum is shocking,

yes Dallas is but one promoter and could argue after any ICW event he has no real control over them but if these things are happening at parties hosted or promoted by ICW so you'd have to think there is still some accountability, there has to be, its not like

they have came into contact with these wrestlers at a random pub or club and surely he must hear about what some of the wrestlers have done/been accused of and he seems to have not done much, yes you can argue he stopped booking Whippy but this seems the exception

not the rule judging by the accusations, one swallow doesn't make a summer as they say

Now I am aware some wrestlers may be proven innocent, and I am not saying every wrestler is

a sexual predator or a bully and I am aware that some wrestlers and fans engage in.. Mutual activities, be they casual or serious, I am aware of this. While first and foremost I am imploring you to take action about all this mainly for the victims, if that

doesn't get you to spring into action then think of the wrestlers and employees who are innocent or have never been involved in this in the first place, silence is not helping them either, they may be tarred with the same brush the longer things go on the

way they are the worse it gets

In short we as fans need to see some true decisive action.. And now

I am addressing you, the people in charge of ICW, not just Dallas, directly, I would offer

to help rebuild and help the company back on its feet and to where it belings but I got a snowballs chance in hell of an offer like that coming my way but I Will give you some advice on how to handle this situation 

First thing, Now obviously I am open to the fact that some accusations many not be 100% and

some guys may be innocent but in most of the cases the evidence is overwhelming/been building up for years/ etc..basicly these are not isolated incidents so heres how I'd deal with, what I would do is any wrestleror any other worker who has accusations that

include underage stuff in any way, they are gone, forever same goes for sexual assault, repeated bullying and hazing, manipulation, etc these are not the people you want in your company. you can always find others who will fill these positions in the ring

and outwith (better in talent and in moral compass) These forms of various abuse leaves mental scars take a long time to heal if at all and deserve to go to an ICW event knowing that the person or people who caused this are not anywhere near that building

or affiliated with the company, so all these people should be gone, never again to return.. ever and in the cases where illegal things have happened, forward it to the police

For the other incidents like nuisance texts and calls and the likes, yes you look at the situations,

if they are trying to deny or pass the buck despite strong evidence, they are gone, the ones who are genuinely sorry (as opposed to just being sorry they were caught ) they will be gone too and only IF they have proven themselves deserving of another chance

will they even be considered, and only then it would be a probationary period, stuff like not allowed to attend official after parties for a set period as one example if any new provable accusations that happen after the re-hiring come up, they are gone too

and any one coming back is publicly announced.. Even if they are not in ring talent, be open and transparent about it

As for those proven innocent.. Well they are innocent, no need to do anything there

If you have an after party try and make sure you hire an independent company for security,

maybe actively support things like the ask Angela scheme (.maybe have that info printed on the rear of tickets or something) , something to make people feel as safe as possible, maybe have a confidential way of communication set up so if a fan feels uneasy

but scared to put their name to something they have an outlet like an e-mail or something set up just to handle such things

Another thing, for a few years at least no more tours no trips to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Newcastle

or anywhere else, Glasgow is where we stay, rebuild not just your hometown fan base but rebuild their faith in you, I know this sounds an odd and trivial advice but you use that time to rebuild, get the ICW house in order again it will take time I know this,

I seen ICW at Maryhill and the hydro, infact I said when it was being built, that could be to ICW as Madison Square Gardens is to WWE, even in these dark times I have faith ICW could be there again, but not in the way it is currently going, it needs change,

big change

There would be other changes but these are the biggest ones I feel will help ICW move forward

and the ones needing addressed the soonest

I know some fans will read this and think I'm being too hard on ICW, this isn't new, for years

after my reports I'd get messages saying why am I pointing out and focusing on the negative I should be happy scottish wrestling is doing "so well" and promoting the positives, to be honest it would all get "leave Britney alone" levels of sillyness

The fact is I love ICW, I want to to continue and to succeed but if it keep doing that it's

doing I fear for its future, fans may and in some cases already turning away from you, be the company the fans need in this uncertain time, show we can put out faith in you, I know it's a hard time and there are tough decisions but they need to be made,as

I said before, you are living the dream of many a fan (including me) you have a successful wrestling company, don't like that dream become a nightmare, please

You know, a while back Mark Dallas himself offered to let me interview him, I'm surely tempted

to say yes after all this time but would need to be alot of garruntees first and we sure as hell ain't doing it at the Asylum, my twitter is @bedlamdoctor or email me at doctorbedlam@outlook.com at least lets start some dialogue

I hope you enjoyed my report, as always please remember, its just my opinion, thank you

received_269277374355044.jpeg

Jesus wept. I've got a migraine from reading that. Forget the content, that was just stream of conscience word vomit. I think there's a snowballs chance in hell of you getting hired to rebuild a company that won't even exist in the near future. 

You sir, are to use a phrase I actually dislike a "mark for yourself".

On 08/12/2016 at 16:40, MarkDallasICW said:

Ok to elaborate arrogance and confidence are very similar.  I act confident in the way act online or in person because perception is reality.  I'm the figurehead of a buisness and I need to carry myself as such so outside entities perceive ICW as a company they want to watch/do buisness with.  

As for my so called arrogance I make a point to never act like a p***k to anyone who wants to stop me for a chat or photo.  And I'm always very respectful to anyone who wants five minutes of my time so I don't get where that perception has came from.  

There, that a better answer for you? 

Where is this confident head of business character you speak of?

Oh he's fled like a shitebag.

19 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Just incase anyone is expecting anything from the other folk who helped run it? They're all nonces so... probably not gonna get much. 

I did notice Toal had deleted his Twitter before the #SpeakingOut movement went public. 

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I did notice Toal had deleted his Twitter before the #SpeakingOut movement went public. 

Toal is an unpleasant man generally and had been for a long time. For a while our social circles overlapped the best part of twenty years ago and there were frequent moans from people about how he carried himself and his behaviour in clubs.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Toal is an unpleasant man generally and had been for a long time. For a while our social circles overlapped the best part of twenty years ago and there were frequent moans from people about how he carried himself and his behaviour in clubs.

Oh mate I mind seeing him in 30s in Coatbridge a few years back he was an absolute tit. Not one likeable feature.