ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

32 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Add Joe Coffey to those now being called out.  Good few people talking about the ICW "boys" generally also.

Screenshot_20200618-221431~2.png

Maybe an unfair accusation but it does make you wonder how much the top brass in the company, or at the very least the top wrestlers knew, and how much people got away with. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

ICW getting widespread pelters on several comments threads now. Mark Dallas has deleted his twitter.

If it turns out the majority or a significant proportion of their roster were at it, and especially if Dallas and other higher-ups knew about it, it could be curtains. And justifiably so. 

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

If it turns out the majority or a significant proportion of their roster were at it, and especially if Dallas and other higher-ups knew about it, it could be curtains. And justifiably so. 

Have seen several things to suggest ICW were well aware of the "boys" culture. Having said that have also seen people pointing out that people were previously punted in swift order for their behaviour. It'll all come out on the wash, if it transpires that even some of it is true at the very least an already severely depleted roster will be even more threadbare and if its all true it'll be hard to come back from I'd imagine.

Edited by cb_diamond

On 18/06/2020 at 10:44, airdrieman said:

Maybe I shouldn't open this can of worms again but, while I know the gimmick is meant to be lighthearted and that football is a massive part of Glasgow's history and culture, loyalism and fascism is absolutely the worst facet of Glasgow's history and football doesn't really have anything to do with it - which I am sure you know. We can call it 'staunchness' and pretend we're being ironic but we all know what it really means. 

Last night fascists attacked a demonstration demanding better conditions for asylum seekers (which women and children asylum seekers attended). We all know who these people are and which part of society they come from. It's about fucking time politicians, those in public institutions and those prominent in Scottish society - including ICW given how big its platform is - called it out and worked to stamp fascism out of society for good instead of ignoring it, excusing it and pandering to it as society has done for decades now. I like Jason a lot and don't think he, Coach Trip or anybody in ICW actually believes in any of this sort of nonsense but the gimmick does not do him any favours and only panders to the worst people in Scottish society who are genuinely dangerous. I know there hasn't been any trouble around the gimmick so far but make no mistake, the far right are well organised and I would hate for them to attend an ICW show and strongly latch onto a gimmick they would so obviously identify with. Wrestling is meant to be a safe space (I know it's not unfortunately but that's a discussion that needs to be had elsewhere amongst wrestlers and promoters) and the sort of people this gimmick panders to would very much threaten that safe space. 

For what it's worth, I think Joe Coffey should also drop his pretending to be in the Green Brigade shite as if he's not a private school boy from Giffnock. 

I know that at the end of the day you're an entertainment business and one which is very much 'low brow' (no offence!) escapism but, a lot of people in Glasgow and the west watch wrestling to escape from this shite which infiltrates every other part of life in the west of Scotland. You also do have a platform which can be used to influence the public narrative and discourse in Scotland. That is important. I don't think ICW should necessarily shy away from talking about these issues. As I've said, they should use their platform to help dismantle this poison, and I think if Jason's gimmick was tweaked to be very obviously satire and a pisstake out of this part of society it could maybe work well but it just doesn't work for me at all in its current incarnation. 

Big thank you for all the new content on OnDemand btw. It's a cracking service. 

About 12 hours before all the shit hit all the fans.

Foreshadowing as f**k.

I’m just reading up on whats been unfolding over the last few days and whilst I always knew the wrestling industry would be rife with absolute c*nts this has been a harrowing insight to the levels of abuse victims have suffered. Words won’t ever do justice for the victims of abuse. 

With ICW itself Dallas is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t speak out more right now. Whilst his silence is painting things in a very bad light if he comes out condemning things and more stories like Aivil’s come to light he’s finished. Some organisations who are posting about it like progress show me why ICW is staying quiet. Me personally think ICW is finished as a brand with a lot of people and I don’t see them coming back from this with a strong product ever again. If you look at a lot of the names mentioned it’s “the lads”. Joe Coffey, Davie Blaze, Kid Fite, Wolfgang, Whiplash to name a few. Even members of the crew are being named. These are long-standing ICW wrestlers and workers who have appeared in the media and on documentaries as friends of Marks on and off screen. How Mark can prove he was oblivious to all the goings on in his company and distance himself from this seems almost impossible. The Wolfgang story on twitter is no longer there but by all accounts it’s one of the most sickening and shocking. The Coffey stuff really does not surprise me as I always felt he was never a character and never doing promos. I felt he really was the arsehole he portrayed himself to be. The amount of people that will have turned a blind eye to this just to be a “lad” and be part of the gang is so saddening. Whiplash doesn’t surprise me either nor will it surprise most of you.

One other thing that is absolutely frightening is the amount of absolute fuckwits that hang on every word of their favourite wrestlers. The ICW hardcore who won’t ever criticise a thing and tell you the company is amazing. You all know the ones I’m on about. The problem was these people put ICW on a pedestal for years and I truly believe they hated criticism from outsiders. They are still defending it now with pish like “oh people hold grudges”, “we need more proof” and “there’s two sides to every story”. f**k me do these people not realise the victims putting themselves forward are now more vulnerable than ever and will be going through the hardest times of their lives. The wrestlers are not your friends and never have been take off the tinted glasses ffs. 

I have absolutely no doubts the ICW roster will be full of good people. I’m in no way tarring everyone with the same brush and I have an idea who will come out of all of this with absolutely nothing to fear. 

If it survives do you see yourselves ever back at ICW? It would take a hell of a lot of changes before I would even consider it and that’s if no more comes to light. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'd imagine I'm not the only person who will have wondered in the last 48hrs with all that's happened if the big Renfrew "hush hush" disappearing act was due to some shady behaviour on his part. It, looks the case with a few people in twitter giving him pelters, albeit from what I've seen he's not at the David Starr/Wolfgang level accusation wise.

Screenshot_20200621-191653~2.png

Screenshot_20200621-191753~2.png

Don’t know the guy but Renfrew always seemed to believe his own hype that he really was an untouchable rockstar. I wondered how long before his name was mentioned as being a tit. As you say not at the levels of some but not a surprise to see his name mentioned either 

Edited by diamond_for_life

On 21/06/2020 at 11:51, diamond_for_life said:

I’m just reading up on whats been unfolding over the last few days and whilst I always knew the wrestling industry would be rife with absolute c*nts this has been a harrowing insight to the levels of abuse victims have suffered. Words won’t ever do justice for the victims of abuse. 

With ICW itself Dallas is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t speak out more right now. Whilst his silence is painting things in a very bad light if he comes out condemning things and more stories like Aivil’s come to light he’s finished. Some organisations who are posting about it like progress show me why ICW is staying quiet. Me personally think ICW is finished as a brand with a lot of people and I don’t see them coming back from this with a strong product ever again. If you look at a lot of the names mentioned it’s “the lads”. Joe Coffey, Davie Blaze, Kid Fite, Wolfgang, Whiplash to name a few. Even members of the crew are being named. These are long-standing ICW wrestlers and workers who have appeared in the media and on documentaries as friends of Marks on and off screen. How Mark can prove he was oblivious to all the goings on in his company and distance himself from this seems almost impossible. The Wolfgang story on twitter is no longer there but by all accounts it’s one of the most sickening and shocking. The Coffey stuff really does not surprise me as I always felt he was never a character and never doing promos. I felt he really was the arsehole he portrayed himself to be. The amount of people that will have turned a blind eye to this just to be a “lad” and be part of the gang is so saddening. Whiplash doesn’t surprise me either nor will it surprise most of you.

One other thing that is absolutely frightening is the amount of absolute fuckwits that hang on every word of their favourite wrestlers. The ICW hardcore who won’t ever criticise a thing and tell you the company is amazing. You all know the ones I’m on about. The problem was these people put ICW on a pedestal for years and I truly believe they hated criticism from outsiders. They are still defending it now with pish like “oh people hold grudges”, “we need more proof” and “there’s two sides to every story”. f**k me do these people not realise the victims putting themselves forward are now more vulnerable than ever and will be going through the hardest times of their lives. The wrestlers are not your friends and never have been take off the tinted glasses ffs. 

I have absolutely no doubts the ICW roster will be full of good people. I’m in no way tarring everyone with the same brush and I have an idea who will come out of all of this with absolutely nothing to fear. 

If it survives do you see yourselves ever back at ICW? It would take a hell of a lot of changes before I would even consider it and that’s if no more comes to light. 

Feel exactly the same. Scores of their roster and even management have been named and implicated in several cases of abuse, manipulation, harrassment, gaslighting and sexual assault. I fully believe and stand with the victims. There's no way ICW should run shows. And a lot of them should be locked up let alone blacklisted from wrestling. It has obviously never been a safe place for women fans and wrestlers to be involved in. 

(CW: Sexual assault, non-consensual sex, drugged, manipulation) 

On 08/12/2016 at 16:40, MarkDallasICW said:

Ok to elaborate arrogance and confidence are very similar.  I act confident in the way act online or in person because perception is reality.  

Turns out that he was right then, the perception of a bunch of arrogant, full of their own importance, cliquey wrong uns was both the perception and the reality...

58 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Just shut the thing down. Was a load of shite anyway. Just an excuse for unemployed virgins (ironically) to go out and get pished on a Sunday night and chant a load of nonsense.

I don't recall being unemployed or a virgin any of the times I went.

Although aye, I can't see how it can survive this and should probably be closed down.

Edited by DA Baracus