ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

41 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Where did you read the results mate any chance of a link

Here you go bud.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/icw-fear-loathing-xii-night-one-results-11-2-19-sami-callihan-in-action/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's the notes bit at the bottom that make it sound like an absolute clusterf*ck

Edited by cb_diamond

I have absolutely no time for the likes of Scot Squad, Still Game or Burniston being involved in any type of decent match. 

Night 1 actually doesn’t appeal to me what so ever. That full card is not fitting of the biggest event of the year. That’s why I was dead against it being a weekend event. Diluted it ti f**k in my opinion and same again next year. Still won’t learn. 1 big night at the SECC go back to that how hard is it. I’m just not a fan of the weekend stuff leave that to once a year at shugs. 

How has the venue been for folk who went? I expect tonight to be decent in comparison. 

Davie Blaze back he is actually someone I liked to see around in some way or another. Wonder if we will ever see Renfrew back or if that’s still fucked. 

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Here you go bud.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/icw-fear-loathing-xii-night-one-results-11-2-19-sami-callihan-in-action/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's the notes bit at the bottom that make it sound like an absolute clusterf*ck

Three Burnistoun sketches at your biggest show of the year. That really is the drizzling shits.

They've been doing these shows for a while now so it's not exactly a big deal that they're making it some sort of official deal. They tend to keep away from the likes of PBW and SWA with them as well.

EDIT: Next year's shows are exactly the same kind of dates and venues as this year, other than the Ayr shows which will be filling PWE's void.

Edited by Andrew Wells

The booking is still haywire. Brilliant in some places, weird in others.

I didn't mind the use of Burnistoun in the main event because Good Housekeeping III was always going to be stupid as f**k, so it just added to the daftness. The thing with Ravie Davie was needless though.

Sami Callihan and KUSHIDA are now the only two "one shot" type imports to win their first match in ICW I think.

There was plenty of good matches across the weekend and night one actually turned out much better than I suspected it would be. Think the big shock was Echo and Dean being as good as it was. Grado vs. Ravie Davie was pretty good for what it was too. Davie's evolving pretty well and would have liked to have seen him win this one. Especially with the way they were building him up before it.

On the good side of booking, Kenny Williams joining Mark Coffey to beat up the trainees was great. Completely fit with everything that happened, both in Wild/Coffey and with Williams in the past.

The huge highlights match wise Kings of Insanity, Good Housekeeping III and Stevie/Coffey. I'd say the six man tag, Dragunov/Evans, Noam/Kelly/Buzzard ran them quite close as well. But nowt really bad or really boring on there, outside of fucking Iestyn Rees.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say how much I absolutely hate this Jason Reed/Coach Trip Rangers/Masonic gimmick. Like genuinely detest it and not in a "any heat is good heat" way as in a "won't be putting another penny into ICW in the near future" way. One of the main reasons I've went right off Joe Coffey is his constant green brigade/St Pauli pish in the last couple of years. This is even worse. This sectarian bile is a cancer in the West of Scotland and while nothing has ever been off limits in wrestling, I'm choosing to vote with my feet on this one.

Really disappointing and just as an aside the latest promo from outside of Ibrox isn't only piss poor for the reasons above, it's actually beyond piss poor from a terrible wrestling promo standpoint. 

Edited by cb_diamond

On 06/11/2019 at 23:09, diamond_for_life said:

Not much chat about fear and loathing from anyone was it that forgettable?

I looked at night 2 results. Kez Evans won that was enough for me 

On 09/11/2019 at 06:19, Andrew Wells said:

The booking is still haywire. Brilliant in some places, weird in others.

I didn't mind the use of Burnistoun in the main event because Good Housekeeping III was always going to be stupid as f**k, so it just added to the daftness. The thing with Ravie Davie was needless though.

Sami Callihan and KUSHIDA are now the only two "one shot" type imports to win their first match in ICW I think.

There was plenty of good matches across the weekend and night one actually turned out much better than I suspected it would be. Think the big shock was Echo and Dean being as good as it was. Grado vs. Ravie Davie was pretty good for what it was too. Davie's evolving pretty well and would have liked to have seen him win this one. Especially with the way they were building him up before it.

On the good side of booking, Kenny Williams joining Mark Coffey to beat up the trainees was great. Completely fit with everything that happened, both in Wild/Coffey and with Williams in the past.

The huge highlights match wise Kings of Insanity, Good Housekeeping III and Stevie/Coffey. I'd say the six man tag, Dragunov/Evans, Noam/Kelly/Buzzard ran them quite close as well. But nowt really bad or really boring on there, outside of fucking Iestyn Rees.

On 09/11/2019 at 14:45, Doctor Bedlam said:

https://oswtv.wordpress.com/2019/11/08/the-bedlam-report-icw-fear-loathing-xii-analysis/

Seeing as you guys already read my stuff might as well post this

I enjoyed the show too and like yourself some of the matches were a lot better than I'd thought they'd be. Maybe didn't have quite as big night feel as other F&Ls in the past but think that was mostly down to the venue and running two nights rather than one. 

Devlin vs Williams was a good opener and probably one of the best matches of the weekend from a technical standpoint. Thought the buildup was a little cold going into it but the match was of a sufficient quality that it didn't really matter. Thought this might be the where where Williams' would get his comeuppance at the hands of a trainee but given what happened later on I'm sure that's still to come. 

Agreed that Echo vs Dean was a lot better than I expected. Brutal at times (that finish). I really like Dean so I hope they go on to do more with him. 

Agree with the Doctor here, just split the Kinky Party up already FFS. It's long overdue and I really can't be bothered with them getting a tag title shot next month. That being said this was a very good match and the Kings of the North are superb. Hope they (and Maxted) remain regulars in ICW. 

I feared the worst for Grado vs Ravie Davie but it was actually much better than I thought it'd be and I fair enjoyed it. Popped huge for Davey's return. The Burnistoun stuff was fine I thought and worked well where it was placed throughout the night but I could see why people wouldn't like it (or if you didn't know what Burnistoun was you'd have no clue what was happening). 

Sami Callihan isn't my cup of tea but enjoyed his match with BT. The grogging can GTF though. 

I liked the women's tag match, and it was a good showcase for Xia Brookeside and Angel Hayze, but thought this was an example of strange booking. Viper and KLR are stars and are always going to be super over with the ICW audience. But they're not going to be around as often and the ICW women's division badly needs re-built so why not put Angel Hazye over? She's already beaten Viper and is clearly someone they're planning to use long term so I don't think that would have egregious at all. And this is maybe unimportant but if her and Isla Dawn are going to become a team, why not put Dawn in the match instead of Brookeside especially seeing as she was there anyway? Strange. 

Night 1 was my first time seeing Good Housekeeping live and it was tremendous. Some excellent spots, great wrestling and the right result. Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend. 

Did anybody catch the pre-show battle royal on Night 2? 

Looking forward to seeing the Fite Network get their tag title shot. A thoroughly entertaining team who more than deserve it. Good opener to night 2 between them and the Nine9. 

Thank f**k Aivil vs Kasey is finally over. Excited for Aivil's title reign though and hopefully both go on to some fresh and interesting feuds. 

Andy Wild vs Mark Coffey was decent. Feuds came to its natural end but I really hope Andy has a big year in 2020. Glad Mark turned on the trainees and aligned with Kenny and I hope it's a moment that actually goes somewhere. Power Forward have been a bit shite but this could make them into something if it's done right. 

Kings of Insanity was brilliant. Probably the right combination of wrestling and mental spots. Possibly the match of the weekend. Sad for Kings of Catch but The Purge are fantastic. Given how strong the ICW tag division is there could be some absolute scorching matches in 2020. 

The triple threat was another contender for match of the weekend but again, I thought this one was strangely booked. I know Noam is coming back 'full-time' but he didn't need the win. Kieran Kelly or Leyton could have really used the rub of going over Noam (I know they're both still over but it would have made more sense). 

Kez Evans v Dragunov was really good. You can argue about the result but I'm glad Kez went over TBH. Hope we see more of Dragunov though. 

Iestyn Rees was as boring as ever and I'm not sure why his match was even booked on the show but I'd like to see Scotty Davis in ICW a lot more often. 

Stevie Boy v Joe was cracking once it got going though I could have done without the worked injury angle at the start. 

Overall though it was a very enjoyable weekend. The action was good and the booking for the most part was sensible and logical. Stories came to an end and people are set and ready to go in different directions. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2019 at 12:32, cb_diamond said:

Can I just say how much I absolutely hate this Jason Reed/Coach Trip Rangers/Masonic gimmick. Like genuinely detest it and not in a "any heat is good heat" way as in a "won't be putting another penny into ICW in the near future" way. One of the main reasons I've went right off Joe Coffey is his constant green brigade/St Pauli pish in the last couple of years. This is even worse. This sectarian bile is a cancer in the West of Scotland and while nothing has ever been off limits in wrestling, I'm choosing to vote with my feet on this one.

Really disappointing and just as an aside the latest promo from outside of Ibrox isn't only piss poor for the reasons above, it's actually beyond piss poor from a terrible wrestling promo standpoint. 

I haven't seen much of Joe's Gallus stuff and for the most part he had kept it to nxt UK I believe.. Except for his celtic themed trunks but even then its not needed

As for Jason Reed, it seems a bit more... Overt and a lil too on the nose, the first I seen of him was the promo at France 2000 (I was so disgusted I didn't make comment in my report) when he used the word staunch.. I was like.. OK this could get awkward.. Then when they ended with we are the people.. I was appalled, it got the sorta reaction from a fan near me I hoped never to see in Icw, he was booing them until they said that suddenly he cheered and said "yeah get 'them' fucking telt", is that the sorta thing icw want in their company.. Are they gonna have Jason Reed WATP tshirts made? I hope not I hope they see sense, what worries me is not only that icw allowed them to say it but it was pre recorded, they had enough time to pull it and have them do another, it wasn't said in the heat of the moment in the ring, icw are wrong for allowing this gimmick to be as on the nose as it is

As for the Kinky Party, there have been too many times where they could have organicly broke them up ( you know.. In a way that would make sense) when grado then noam returned (a kinky vs pinky loyalty thing) and the no fun police feud, they even played it out in the ring like it was their last match... Its a tired routine drink before the match, crowd surf after.. I mean how many times has sha been dropped (plus sometimes the garage crowd are barely 6rows deep.. The the crowdsurfi g equivelant of calm waters

Anyway I will be at the ICW this Sunday, and I will post a link to my report🙂

22 hours ago, Doctor Bedlam said:

I was appalled, it got the sorta reaction from a fan near me I hoped never to see in Icw, he was booing them until they said that suddenly he cheered and said "yeah get 'them' fucking telt", is that the sorta thing icw want in their company..

Just horrible. My interest in the product was in decline anyway. It's on life support now! 2019 was the first year in the last seven where I only made one event and even that was last minute. I suspect my number will be zero in 2020. I was averaging 5-10 shows a year before that.

1 hour ago, Doctor Bedlam said:

OK the need to stop the Jason Reed stuff, the constant we are the people shouting.. Some crowd chanting it.. Something needs done before it gets out of hand and to have such a gimmick so early in his career.. Big mistake

Brutal. Appealing to an absolute sub human psyche. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by cb_diamond

I used to work with Jason Reed. Has he binned his "Make Wrestling Great Again" patter completely? We thought that was a good idea for starting out, that was 4 years ago though around the Trump campaign. 

Not a fan of what you guys are describing above if that's what he's moved on to.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

I used to work with Jason Reed. Has he binned his "Make Wrestling Great Again" patter completely? We thought that was a good idea for starting out, that was 4 years ago though around the Trump campaign. 

Not a fan of what you guys are describing above if that's what he's moved on to.

Pretty much, it's very.. Sectarian, my worry is people will see the gimmick as an excuse to chant it for those reasons as opposed to chanting it in support of him, the sad thing is as a wrestler I like the guy and the make wrestling great again would still work, I dear as a starting out gimmick the whole we are the people stuff may overshadow his in ring talent a bit