ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

I've been a fan of Ravie Davie as a character from almost the start. I suppose it depends on how much you like the character itself, but I don't think he's put a foot wrong as far as what the role is supposed to be.

BT Gunn is likely to be out for months which is a gutter.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

we live in perpetual hope!

The timing certainly supports that theory, and it's a semi regular thing for that to happen on these shows.

Although that said, from the tweets, I'd be inclined to believe it's an actual thing that's happening going forward. I'll reserve judgment until they reveal who it is.

On paper the whole thing seems like a good shout, the first card is pretty stacked for the type of show it is! Seems similar to the spacebaws concept that got a lot of folk into the limelight.

Edited by cb_diamond

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good get. I'm not the biggest fan of him personally but he's a good worker and seems perfectly suited for ICW. No doubt he'll get a big match with some sort of violent stipulation. 

ICW Gonzo is shaping up to be a cracker. Good card for Saturday's Fight Club too. 

11 hours ago, Warren Mears said:

Happy with that. Evens out the announcement of that shithouse Callihan.

See here's the thing, I'm well aware that Dar is technically a better wrestler than Callihan, but for this purpose I think Callihan is a much better announcement. He's decent, he's someone new, it means there will probably be some kind of bonkers match with him. Whereas Dar literally bores the tights off me. I honestly can't remember anything he's done that I've enjoyed since his best of 7 with Joe Coffey, which must now be 5 years ago, if not more. He's bang average in almost all respects and the fact that the ICW clique lose their mind every time he's announced (which is all the time) baffles me.

Edited by cb_diamond

I'm fairly sick of the same phoned in brawl from Sami tbh. If they put him in a feature match then there's a chance we'll get more of him. But any time I've seen him over here, he's been great fun up to the point where the bell rings.

Noam has been fairly underwhelming since leaving ICW, but up to that point he had cracking matches with all sorts of opponents. Whether we get THAT Noam remains to be seen but it's not like he turned to shit overnight.